Fatal Big Bike Collision in Phuket Claims Three Lives, Leaves One Young Woman Injured

webfact

image.jpeg

Phuket—At 2:47 AM, on March 24th, 2024, Chalong police officers received an accident report of a big bike colliding with a motorbike on Wiset Road, Mueang Phuket, Phuket, claiming three lives and one serious injury.

Phuket emergency services and police officers were dispatched to the accident scene and found a blue big bike and a white motorbike overturned on the road. Nearby, two bodies of foreigners and one Thai body were on the road whose names were publicly identified only as Mr. Kristofer, 36, Mr. Magnus, 52, and Mrs. Kanokkan, 44, respectively.

image.jpeg

One seriously injured person was found at the accident scene and publicly identified only as Mrs. Phattharawarin, 18. The emergency responders performed first aid before transferring her to Chalong Hospital for immediate medical treatment.

By Kittisak Phalaharn

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-03-25

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Sad 7

Horror greets responders after shocking high-speed motorbike crash on Phuket road leaves three dead
by News Desk

image.jpeg

Police at the scene of the motorbike smash in the Rawai area of Phuket earlier on Sunday. A criminal investigation is now underway. CCTV footage showed the catastrophic accident in real-time. It appears that one motorbike collided with the other as they raced along the road.

A shocking high-speed motorcycle collision in Rawai, Phuket, claims three lives, leaving a young Thai woman fighting for survival. Gruesome scenes greeted responders as the fiery crash unfolded. Investigation is underway amidst rising road fatalities on the island.

Police are carrying out an investigation into a horrific motorcycle accident in Rawai Phuket early on Sunday morning. The fiery crash between two motorbikes left three people dead including two foreign nationals. A young Thai woman is fighting for her life. The deceased foreigners were Russian and Swedish men who lost their lives together with a 44-year-old Thai woman.

Locals passing by at the scene of the crash as well as emergency responders were confronted with gruesome sights. The motorbike crash is understood to have been extremely forceful leading to an explosion and fire. Both bikes were carrying Thai women as pillion passengers travelling at recklessly high speeds.

Full story: Thai Examiner.com 2024-03-25

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, LivingNThailand said:

I live in Phuket and see these out of control Big Bikers every day.  Completely surprised that I don't see at least one bad accident a day.  My fear is one of these idiots will take out an innocent Thai family on a small bike. I wish they would at least crack down on the Big Bikes.  It's a real problem.

It has happened about 500 meters back from this accident, some farang wiped out a husband and wife and she was pregnant, the farang died also, riding a Ducati,  

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Locals passing by at the scene of the crash as well as emergency responders were confronted with gruesome sights. The motorbike crash is understood to have been extremely forceful leading to an explosion and fire. Both bikes were carrying Thai women as pillion passengers travelling at recklessly high speeds.

Well not any more.... 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

Not in this case. Just a pair of farang idiots from what I read!

Plenty of high speed idiots on the roads here, I'm sure it was great fun untill it all went wrong, no sympathy for the falangs, lots of sympathy for innocent people involved.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

Not in this case. Just a pair of farang idiots from what I read!

Sad but true i feel sad for The Thai ladies, alcohol dutch courage, should ave had some whakky bakky would not have bothered riding, my condolences for the Thai ladies and there families

47 minutes ago, newnative said:

Prohibit tourists without a valid motorcycle license from renting any motorbikes of any size.

It is already not allowed but the rental shops don't care about the fine They 'should' receive for not checking the renters license. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sigmund said:

Thailand remains faithful to it's shameful record of the highest road accident death toll in the world. Sad for the victims. If only Police corruption was stopped and the cops started to do their jobs,  instead of chasing only the foreigners to racket money.

More inaccurate bar stool info. Thanks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

• Like 1

Russian man, 25, dies as motorbike hits house wall

PHUKET: A 25-year-old Russian man died when the motorbike he was riding struck a house wall in Baan Don, Tambon Thepkrasattri, last night (Mar 24).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

I worked that out when the 2nd article said both bikes were carrying Thai women as pillion passengers.

I did however presume the big bike was probably at fault and was probably ridden by the Russian.  Stereotyping, I guess.

Nah, just an educated guess, and perhaps even an obvious fact based on the information available. Big bike riders, speed as a sign of virility, that would do it....

4 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

I live in Phuket and see these out of control Big Bikers every day.  Completely surprised that I don't see at least one bad accident a day.  My fear is one of these idiots will take out an innocent Thai family on a small bike. I wish they would at least crack down on the Big Bikes.  It's a real problem.

Exactly, and not just the big bikes.  Seems to me the cops have been caught shining the arse of their pants in overtime and the bubble has burst.  Every day the news is full of farang doing this, farang caught doing that.  And all these farang suddenly caught just in the last few weeks.  Did something happen to turn them all bad suddenly or were they known about before but their activities ignored until theres a crackdown.  Seems to me now that a cracdown is not closer scrutiny in certain areas or activities but rather its a kick in a cops pants to get him to do his job.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1