Vladimir Putin begins Operation Blame Ukraine

Social Media

19 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

I heard the four were apprehended after having driven 10 hours along route M3 which heads directly towards Ukraine - they were about 100 km from the Ukraine border when they were caught. Not sure where else they could have been heading? Turning off towards Belarus perhaps, but that makes less sense...   

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68652380

Russia has charged four men it says attacked a Moscow concert hall and killed at least 137 people.

All four appeared to have been beaten and one was brought to court in a wheelchair. They were charged with committing an act of terrorism.

Russian officials have claimed, without evidence, Ukrainian involvement. Kyiv says the claim is "absurd".

Videos of brutal interrogation sessions were apparently leaked by Russian security forces, and reports suggest at least one had suffered electric shocks.

Asked about the alleged torture, Mr Peskov refused to comment.

The men the court identified as Mirzoyev and Rachabalizoda had black eyes and the latter's ear was heavily bandaged - reportedly from it being partially severed during his arrest.

The men were identified as citizens of Tajikistan, Russia's state news agency Tass said.

Putin's propaganda machine of misinformation will be working overtime on this one.  He might even manufacture some evidence to tie it to Ukraine.  They'll be zero real evidence.  And sadly, some in the west will believe it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Putin's propaganda machine of misinformation will be working overtime on this one.  He might even manufacture some evidence to tie it to Ukraine.  They'll be zero real evidence.  And sadly, some in the west will believe it. 

As will quite a few posters here on ANN.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I say this with a very heavy heart, and it echoes what I am seeing in pro-Ukraine channels that I monitor, but if you want to see the fall of the Putin regime then more of these attacks will aid that end. It truly is Putin's 911 moment. I have no doubt that western intelligence is wargaming such scenarios because in financial costs terms they are cheap as chips. Whether they would aid them through proxies, I have no idea - but it would be in a menu of options. This is a terrifying moment though because if they continue a paranoid failing, Putin is a very dangerous global wild card indeed.

When Putin came to power in 2000, he offered the Russians a bargain: to provide prosperity and security in exchange for surrendering their freedoms. A quarter of a century later, Putin’s national security incompetence has proved staggering. In 2022, his spies and generals assured him that Russian forces would sweep to victory and occupy Kyiv in just three days, grossly underestimating Ukraine’s fighting capabilities and spirit as well as the West’s response. In 2023, those same spies completely failed to predict or check a major mutiny by Wagner chief Evgeny Prighozin. And in 2024, they dismissed US intelligence on imminent terrorist attacks and failed to defend the Russian people. Putin has made Russia less secure and less prosperous.

https://archive.is/m0rfR

• Confused 2

30 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

So what? If someone robs a bank in the US and then heads for Canada or Mexico, does that mean Canada or Mexico had something to do with that bank robbery?

And who knows where they were actually apprehended? The fact that Russia says they were apprehended there doesn’t mean that they were. 

It does, IF you trust any news report coming from inside Russia, and disbelieve everything said by the rest of the world.

I also does, IF you believe in anything that Putin says.

13 hours ago, Mr Derek said:

I heard the four were apprehended after having driven 10 hours along route M3 which heads directly towards Ukraine - they were about 100 km from the Ukraine border when they were caught. Not sure where else they could have been heading? Turning off towards Belarus perhaps, but that makes less sense...   

Sure! It makes sense to head towards a closed border which is intensively scrutinized by both the Russian army and the Ukrainian army! 😀

• Agree 1