can i fly in without interrogation/deportation?

5 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Airline staff can stop you at the boarding gate. I know because that happened to me (not Singapore Airlines).

Stop you at Boarding gate for what exactly lol....its a final boarding card check ?

I'm not exactly sure how many times I've flown London Bangkok but around 170 times ish and I've never had anyone on final gate looking for Visas in passport, proof of onward ticket or more recently Evisas

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Stop you at Boarding gate for what exactly lol....its a final boarding card check ?

I'm not exactly sure how many times I've flown London Bangkok but around 170 times ish and I've never had anyone on final gate looking for Visas in passport, proof of onward ticket or more recently Evisas

I had checked-in and flown from Lisbon with a transit stop in Madrid. Boarding passes issued for all three flight legs. One-way ticket intending to enter visa exempt. At the boarding gate in Madrid airline staff told me I had been 'deboarded' and to continue my journey I must give them sight of a return/onward ticket or 'some sort' of visa.

On 3/25/2024 at 9:50 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

No one doing nothing more than trying to enter, but being refused entry, goes to IDC!  Unless, maybe, they are wanted for previous Immigration offences and there is an arrest warrant in force but that has almost no chance of being the situation.

OP might mean the airport immigration holding block rather than the actual IDC in central Bangkok. I was refused entry a few years ago and held at Swampy in the immigration area which is a few minutes walk and down at least one flight of stairs from the arrival area. I was most definitely not free to leave and although I was only in the main area sat on a chair for an hour or two, I believe they also have holding cells / bunks their too for longer stays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2024 at 3:40 AM, The Fugitive said:

Airline staff can stop you at the boarding gate. I know because that happened to me (not Singapore Airlines).

Agreed, one time I flew with hand baggage only I got pinged at boarding for a documentation check.  They mentioned it was because I hadn't been to check-in where it would normally have been checked.

I've known them tannoy in advance at the gate for this too in order to reduce any holdups on boarding.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, treetops said:

Agreed, one time I flew with hand baggage only I got pinged at boarding for a documentation check.  They mentioned it was because I hadn't been to check-in where it would normally have been checked.

I've known them tannoy in advance at the gate for this too in order to reduce any holdups on boarding.

I've noticed this too. Many airline staff arrive early at the gate. They are, of course, well aware that passengers can check-in online or at the airport totems. My one-way ticket obviously rang alarm bells at Madrid even though I had been checked in manually by Lisbon airport staff. They told me I should have been denied boarding at Lisbon.