Building A House For Thai Gf Or Wife.

In 2003 I built a house for my Thai GF on her family land. It was a large extended Thai family all living on Papa'a land. Kind of like a cummune-all with separate houses. I never really fit in there. To much family -to close. No Privacy at all. I had little say in anything with all the family around. Felt a bit small. After 2 years we fell out. Of course everything I bought-- the house, motorbike, furnishing stayed with her. I just left.

I like Thai women, and still want a relationship. but i do not want to go through the customary -"buy the girl a house "thing again. Thinking of just renting a nice place and going that route. That of course does not please the lady I am with now. They all want houses of course. Is there any one out there who has gone my route and found another way to appease the "owning Spirit" of Thai ladies. Like maybe just buying them a piece of land-100,000 or so and just keeping renting.

Looking for a easy way out. I enjoy the ambiance of Thailand--but want to keep it simple.

Strange. None of my Thai friends has this problem with their ladies. Sure, the girls still want a house and other things but they also know that they must earn money and help their husband pay for it. My girl wants a small house sooner or later but right now she is working and saving to help me come up with a down payment.

There are 2 Farangs in my village and they seem to have the same problem as you. Having to buy their girls stuff all the time. Again, neither my Thai friends nor I have this problem. Maybe it's the ladies you pick. There are so many nice, normal, loving, loyal, sweet Thai girls-why pick one that just want, want, want?

If you need help finding a girl who will help you save money and buy things together, let me know :o

SKi......

In 2003 I built a house for my Thai GF on her family land. It was a large extended Thai family all living on Papa'a land. Kind of like a cummune-all with separate houses. I never really fit in there. To much family -to close. No Privacy at all. I had little say in anything with all the family around. Felt a bit small. After 2 years we fell out. Of course everything I bought-- the house, motorbike, furnishing stayed with her. I just left.

I like Thai women, and still want a relationship. but i do not want to go through the customary -"buy the girl a house "thing again. Thinking of just renting a nice place and going that route. That of course does not please the lady I am with now. They all want houses of course. Is there any one out there who has gone my route and found another way to appease the "owning Spirit" of Thai ladies. Like maybe just buying them a piece of land-100,000 or so and just keeping renting.

Looking for a easy way out. I enjoy the ambiance of Thailand--but want to keep it simple.

Edited by Ski_Goong

you can get prefabricated wooden houses which you can pack up within a few days and take with you to the other part of thailand or the world. You can even rent some piece of land to put the house on

Or maybe one of those camping tents with 4 separate rooms. Those are really nice, light, compact and VERY portable just in case you have to hoof it in the middle of the night.

Ski....

you can get prefabricated wooden houses which you can pack up within a few days and take with you to the other part of thailand or the world. You can even rent some piece of land to put the house on

Remember what you learned the first time around on buying/building a house. This time do what you want not what the lady wants.

If you do finally decide to buy a house once again don't buy one in her home town but in city you want to live. Also protect yourself this time by using a lawyer.

No reason to buy her a house or to give her a chunk of land as you suggest. Would you do those things in your own country? Maybe you should set the expectation correctly at the outset of the relationship else walk away. As a friend of mine says about his girlfriend, she's easier to replace than a motorbike and it takes less time and she knows those things. Harsh but broadly true.

No reason to buy her a house or to give her a chunk of land as you suggest. Would you do those things in your own country? Maybe you should set the expectation correctly at the outset of the relationship else walk away. As a friend of mine says about his girlfriend, she's easier to replace than a motorbike and it takes less time and she knows those things. Harsh but broadly true.

Well said. Or, who has the baht call the shots.

Well said. Or, who has the baht call the shots.

Thanks, mines a tequilla

Living far away from the wife's family is sometimes worse than being close. They visit and stay a LONG time. The best way is to work it out before you marry her. My wife's family lives about a kilometer from us. It's convenient for her to visit them and for them to go back home after their rare visits. My wife and her family are aware that I am a crotchety old farang who values his privacy. Sorry, I'm just not the communal living type.

Living far away from the wife's family is sometimes worse than being close. They visit and stay a LONG time. The best way is to work it out before you marry her. My wife's family lives about a kilometer from us. It's convenient for her to visit them and for them to go back home after their rare visits. My wife and her family are aware that I am a crotchety old farang who values his privacy. Sorry, I'm just not the communal living type.

Well said, gary. My inlaws live about 2-3k away. Too far for mom to walk and she can't drive, so, there you go :o

As for buying her a house, well I agree with ski goong, why would you buy a house for someone? No one ever bought me a house, neither did I expect it. Nor any of our female Thai staff. So, there you go.

Make it clear from the outset that you wont' be buying a house and you will find out how much she cares about you and how much she cares about a house.

i think you should buy your second wife a house like you did the first one. second time is a charm as they say. if it doesnt work out then you can be sure to do something different for number three.

Since it appears that you just want to buy a house. the easier way is to just buy a house and then give it to the first person you see. That way there are no hard feelings when you walk away. :o