Thai woman seeks refuge in temple after being beaten by Austrian husband

webfact

image.jpeg

A Thai woman has filed a police report against her Austrian husband, claiming he physically assaulted her. The 53 year old woman, named only as Ms Neng, filed her report at Nongprue Police Station in Chon Buri on Wednesday, March 27.

According to a Khaosod English report, the woman was forced to seek refuge in a temple after being beaten by her husband. Ms Neng says it’s not the first time her husband has attacked her, but the violence is becoming more severe.

In December of last year, she was hospitalised after her husband allegedly broke her arm. While she was in hospital, she says he did not visit her and the abuse continued on her return home.

By Peter Roche

PHOTO: Khaosod

Full story: PhuketGO 2024-03-29

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

• Confused 1
  • Sad 11

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Ms Neng says it’s not the first time her husband has attacked her, but the violence is becoming more severe.

In December of last year, she was hospitalised after her husband allegedly broke her arm. While she was in hospital, she says he did not visit her and the abuse continued on her return home.

So, after he broke her arm, she returned back to him. Why?

This is not supposed to be an excuse for him to beat her. But if she wouldn't return to him, then he could not beat her... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Don't go home, until he's been removed from the country.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, RichardColeman said:

but not all women are sweet and innocent, some drive men to do bad things. 

I think a man has a right to defend himself.... and some women are pretty big and frightening. A knockout punch might be the only chance I get!

But this case in the OP is a bully, maybe even a sadist,  who cannot take alcohol.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Complete nonsense. I had a thai wife in the UK that I have a record for assault on. 

During my time with her in the UK (3 years), she destroyed our family business, stole money from friends and raked up £30,000 debt on credit cards and bank loans, sold our business without me knowing about it. I had debt collectors at my front door before i even knew about her debt, constantly lied about contraceptive pills (lone story). I simply got to the end of my tether and assaulted her - I basically was suffering a mental breakdown due to her. was I wrong, probably, but not all women are sweet and innocent, some drive men to do bad things. 

You have a point.  Hope against hope that she will change and she continues her behaviour. Exactly the same as the beaten wife syndrome except it is the man who constantly forgives and tries to make things work. Beaten women sometimes resort to poison of abusive partners men in a similar situation tend to be more spontaneous they crack up and use their fists. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I hope the Police do something about this ,he needs deporting ,

regards worgeordie

NO....he committed his crime here, so he should be sentenced here. Could be even to revoke his visa, yes.

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So, after he broke her arm, she returned back to him. Why?

This is not supposed to be an excuse for him to beat her. But if she wouldn't return to him, then he could not beat her... 

And abandon all?

1 hour ago, RobU said:

You have a point.  Hope against hope that she will change and she continues her behaviour. Exactly the same as the beaten wife syndrome except it is the man who constantly forgives and tries to make things work. Beaten women sometimes resort to poison of abusive partners men in a similar situation tend to be more spontaneous they crack up and use their fists. 

Reminds me of the American comedian Bill Burr (my favorite)

"There's no reason to hit a woman? Are these people levitating above the rest of us?"

"I can think of 17 reasons immediately, if you wake me from a drunken Stupor I can give you 9"

" you just don't do it".

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

blaming her for returning is unhelpful, she is not at fault

As far as I know there are organizations all over the world, including Thailand, who help women in such situations.

It definitely doesn't help to tell women that they are helpless and can't do anything.

As long as they can walk and talk, they can ask for help and will get help.

• Confused 1