Thai woman seeks refuge in temple after being beaten by Austrian husband

webfact

Looks like there is more to this story,she has not been really nice either.

Still no reason to beat her,people need to learn to walk away.

Both men and women.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 1:15 PM, ryandb said:

Poor women, we really send some of our worst over here don't we

Google Austria femicide & you see there are lots of rough ones in Austria. 

On 3/29/2024 at 1:44 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

So, after he broke her arm, she returned back to him. Why?

This is not supposed to be an excuse for him to beat her. But if she wouldn't return to him, then he could not beat her... 

That is true, but then she might have to get a low paid job. 

Too old to go back into the sex trade, if that's where she met him.

On 3/29/2024 at 7:36 AM, Uttaradit farang said:

Any bloke who hits a woman is nothing more than a coward. 

Ive seen 2 of my male friends ex partners batter them, if they knocked them clean out the women would have deserved it.

Its not the 1930s anymore when women were gentile and feminine.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, ADog said:

Ive seen 2 of my male friends ex partners batter them, if they knocked them clean out the women would have deserved it.

I was plant potted, bottled, stabbed and ashtrayed by one of my first girlfriends in Thailand. When I tried to stop her hitting me with her shoe, I broke her elbow (she ended up in a plaster cast). But never once did I fight back. I just tried to protect myself by stopping her from hitting me. Was I naive? Most definitely. A relationship I should have run from.  Not saying that is the case in this instance though. DV, tends to be male on female, but it is not always the case. 

I assume that many women in Thailand are totally financially dependent on their farang husband/boyfriend and have nowhere to go, even if the guy is abusive. The dependency increases, I suspect, when the women reach a certain age. This would explain why a 53-year-old Thai woman keeps going back to her abusive husband.

And to those posters who think it’s okay to beat up a woman: shame on you. Of course you can defend yourself, but there is almost always the option of just walking (or running) away. This Austrian guy seems to take pleasure in beating up his wife. Despicable excuse for a man. I would hope the Thai woman has some male relatives who can sort that a-hole out, so that it will never happen again.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, GarryP said:

I was plant potted, bottled, stabbed and ashtrayed by one of my first girlfriends in Thailand. When I tried to stop her hitting me with her shoe, I broke her elbow (she ended up in a plaster cast). But never once did I fight back. I just tried to protect myself by stopping her from hitting me. Was I naive? Most definitely. A relationship I should have run from.  Not saying that is the case in this instance though. DV, tends to be male on female, but it is not always the case. 

Not good, i watched a mates bird kick and punch him in the face when he fell asleep on the settee.

A man should never hit a lady ... but thats not the actions of a lady; if he got up and knocked her into next week, she would have deserved it.

The lad killed himself aged 48 the other year.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

I assume that many women in Thailand are totally financially dependent on their farang husband/boyfriend and have nowhere to go, even if the guy is abusive. The dependency increases, I suspect, when the women reach a certain age. This would explain why a 53-year-old Thai woman keeps going back to her abusive husband.

And to those posters who think it’s okay to beat up a woman: shame on you. Of course you can defend yourself, but there is almost always the option of just walking (or running) away. This Austrian guy seems to take pleasure in beating up his wife. Despicable excuse for a man. I would hope the Thai woman has some male relatives who can sort that a-hole out, so that it will never happen again.

<deleted> to your shame on you, i've never hit a female ... though in certain circumstances such as i say above then in my view its perfectly fine .. sometimes you have to fight fire with fire, and if these men hitting women know they'll get a smack in the mouth from someone much stronger then they'll be far less likely to do so in the first place.

And its not easy for the male "to walk away", when they're paying for the house, kids etc... and they themselves will end up homeless.

On 3/30/2024 at 8:49 AM, fdimike said:

So, after he broke her arm, she returned back to him. Why?

It's called Abused Wife Syndrome.  Quite common.   

I was once there, not as a wife but as a fiancee. I was in my mid 20s, he's Lebanese and from a culture where they turn blind eye in women being beaten. I kept trying to leave but I didn't want to put my family in agony as I defended this man from them. No wonder my big bro didn't want him from the start. He was good to me on the first year, then when we got engaged that's when he started treating me like a punching bag. I would go visit my family wearing a hat because he would hit my head on the wall. I tried to call the police and he saw me, wrapped the telephone cord on my neck. I still stayed for 6 months more, imagine being black and blue then being ask to get up to make him coffee and food. It was hell but I couldn't easily escape. The last straw was when he kicked me both sides while on the floor, and I could see the fear of my cats hiding under the couch. I could also see my reflection on a nearby mirror. The moment he went out, I ran to our Thai landlady and just asked for help. Her along with a British-Thai couple in her office that day helped me. It was until the next day I called my family and my brother wanted to kill him. 

Sorry for the novel haha, just sharing why walking away isn't that easy. You always hope that he'll change, unfortunately monsters were born monsters.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ADog said:

Restrain them, defend yourself, but you shouldn't have to KO them unless they have a weapon 

DV is highest amongst Lesbian couples and lowest amongst Gay men with hetero landing in the middle, you can make your mind up why this is the case

Edited by ryandb

On 3/30/2024 at 2:24 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

As far as I know there are organizations all over the world, including Thailand, who help women in such situations.

It definitely doesn't help to tell women that they are helpless and can't do anything.

As long as they can walk and talk, they can ask for help and will get help.

The better question to ask is

Why do men think they can beat up on  women?
Help is not easy, even in western nations most women refuges have waiting lists, no emergency funding and not enough workers 

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

The better question to ask is

Why do men think they can beat up on  women?
Help is not easy, even in western nations most women refuges have waiting lists, no emergency funding and not enough workers 

They do, does it really matter why (once they beat a woman already)?

Obviously, it would be nice if that would never happen, or if aggressive men would learn to control themselves before they beat anybody.

But in real life that simply won't happen. There are bad guys out there. There is little we can do about that. 

On 3/29/2024 at 1:15 PM, ryandb said:

Poor women, we really send some of our worst over here don't we

Where else can a (presumably) white man get away with this kind of behaviour? 

Wife and child beating is a cultural norm for many new arrivals in Western countries and nothing is done about it.

Men wipe out their entire families over a loss of face or murder their daughters in "honour" killings.   Plenty of women who date outside their culture can be seen sporting a pair of Irish sunglasses, no doubt believing that they did something to deserve it.  Maybe they did.  Maybe they got sick of being married to an accountant and prefer broken, unpredictable men with a quick temper and heavy hands. 

11 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

Where else can a (presumably) white man get away with this kind of behaviour? 

Wife and child beating is a cultural norm for many new arrivals in Western countries and nothing is done about it.

Men wipe out their entire families over a loss of face or murder their daughters in "honour" killings.   Plenty of women who date outside their culture can be seen sporting a pair of Irish sunglasses, no doubt believing that they did something to deserve it.  Maybe they did.  Maybe they got sick of being married to an accountant and prefer broken, unpredictable men with a quick temper and heavy hands. 

I think you are concentrating on race a little too much here, for e.g. Black>Hispanic>White are how the DV stats in America go, of course only about 15% of DV is reported especially Female on Males so the true stats might be completely different but this shows race is not a determining factor.

I think it's about men who want to control women who think they can use their economic status to get their full way over here (and other 2nd to 3rd world nations) it's this mentality of ownership/dictator of the woman that leads to when the partner does something slightly dissatisfying to the controller that the physical abuse begins (metal abuse is likely to have been happening since very early on)

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 2:44 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I disagree.

If she starts the physical fight, then he has the right to defend himself.

In Thailand lots of females like to fight with kitchen knives. Should the guy just watch and bleed? 

Defending yourself doesn't mean breaking her arm. You can block, and if she continues, walk away. It will never look good if you hit a woman back, no matter the reason besides defending a child against an assault. Then grabbing her and pushing her away, then taking the child out of that is what's done. My ex came at me three times with a knife. All I did was warn her to put it down, as she knows how strong I am. If she still came, I would back off and call police.

On 3/31/2024 at 9:03 AM, IndomitableSpirit said:

I was once there, not as a wife but as a fiancee. I was in my mid 20s, he's Lebanese and from a culture where they turn blind eye in women being beaten. I kept trying to leave but I didn't want to put my family in agony as I defended this man from them. No wonder my big bro didn't want him from the start. He was good to me on the first year, then when we got engaged that's when he started treating me like a punching bag. I would go visit my family wearing a hat because he would hit my head on the wall. I tried to call the police and he saw me, wrapped the telephone cord on my neck. I still stayed for 6 months more, imagine being black and blue then being ask to get up to make him coffee and food. It was hell but I couldn't easily escape. The last straw was when he kicked me both sides while on the floor, and I could see the fear of my cats hiding under the couch. I could also see my reflection on a nearby mirror. The moment he went out, I ran to our Thai landlady and just asked for help. Her along with a British-Thai couple in her office that day helped me. It was until the next day I called my family and my brother wanted to kill him. 

Sorry for the novel haha, just sharing why walking away isn't that easy. You always hope that he'll change, unfortunately monsters were born monsters.

True except for the fact that they weren't born monsters. Very rarely are sociopaths born with violent tendencies. They are usually taught this by their moms, dads or both. I'm sorry for the way you were treated, as it happens all over in many homes. Good you got away from it, as many women for mostly financial reasons aren't willing to leave. My daughter had a couple boyfriends that hit her, and she hit them back, but wouldn't tell me because she knew I would have gone ballistic on them.

25 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Defending yourself doesn't mean breaking her arm. You can block, and if she continues, walk away. It will never look good if you hit a woman back, no matter the reason besides defending a child against an assault. Then grabbing her and pushing her away, then taking the child out of that is what's done. My ex came at me three times with a knife. All I did was warn her to put it down, as she knows how strong I am. If she still came, I would back off and call police.

Wouldn't it be nice if people would think and act rationally?

Lots of aggressive knife wielding people are on drugs of just crazy. We can't expect that they will act rationally. 

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Wouldn't it be nice if people would think and act rationally?

Lots of aggressive knife wielding people are on drugs of just crazy. We can't expect that they will act rationally. 

People are products of their childhood. Bad or absent parents lets children go into the world thinking no one loves them, or abuse is the way problems are solved. They use knives, sticks and machetes here more than most any other country because of the lack of good fathers teaching them respect for life itself. This also happens in Middle Eastern countries and Africa, as well as a few others. Of course drugs exacerbate their anger.