Today's GOOD news, amongst all the gloom

On 3/30/2024 at 8:38 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

If they had a point we'd know what they meant. We don't, ergo they are pointless.

Nonsensical logic. What 3 letter acronyms "have a point"? Does the acronym BBC have a point, leading you to understand its true meaning, as there are several. The point of an acronym is ease of use. Nothing to do with semantics, or semiology.

Many people, I imagine all Aussies and most Americans, know what at least one  stands for, so by your definition, they are far from pointless. You not understanding them, or being too bone idle to find out their meaning, does not render them pointless. It just renders your comment pointless.

The topic was supposed to be light-hearted. Gloomy outlook over your way I guess.

• Confused 1

On 3/30/2024 at 3:08 PM, KhunLA said:

She's not allowed to have friends ... :cheesy:

You are a wise man, but somehow I don't think she cares what you say.

In my case I liked my wife's friends, but I'd have happily banned her family from darkening my door.

Should never have let her move me to the village. Pattaya was too far away and we didn't have anywhere for them to stay with us anyway.

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are a wise man, but somehow I don't think she cares what you say.

In my case I liked my wife's friends, but I'd have happily banned her family from darkening my door.

Should never have let her move me to the village. Pattaya was too far away and we didn't have anywhere for them to stay with us anyway.

Her local friends live on RTAF Wing 5, and always a good day out.   Why we get waved through, instead of playing tourist sign in.  A little bit familiar with the guards.

Or it's a somtam party on our veranda.  Her family isn't an issue (vs 1st Thai wife's a-holes).  She has eight siblings, (1 in USA), scattered all over TH, along with a few cousins, that we pop in and visit sometimes while O&A.   Latest down at Hat Yai, and cousin met his wife at Uni and ended up there, though born in Nong Bua LamPhu.   Even got one aunt & cousin, living on Ko Phangan, too logistical to visit.

• Like 1