Rabid Russian assaults police team in Phuket after going berserk at a city centre hotel

webfact

4 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

I never hear any positive news when ruskies are involved.

Send them back and black list them......

They could make use of him on the front line... hope he enjoys the scenery.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Whilst appreciating the attempt at alliteration, the word rabid is hardly appropriate.

Perhaps its time you review your understanding of the term.

57 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I visited Phuket several months ago after not having been there in about 10 years, and I was astonished at how low the quality of the tourists and expats were. A lot of Russians, a lot of Arabs, a lot of Indians, very, very few Europeans or Westerners. Any place that has about 40% or 50% Russian tourists is going to be a place that is difficult to have a good time. These are not nice people, these are not polite people, these are rough people with a Cossack background, who come from a very uncivilized nation.

As far as this guy goes anytime at anyone attacks a policeman he should be locked up. Perhaps there should be a mandatory prison sentence for this kind of ridiculous behavior. 

I moved from the place over 10 years ago for those reasons and never went back… I dare not imagine what it is like now. Cesspit comes to mind.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I visited Phuket several months ago after not having been there in about 10 years, and I was astonished at how low the quality of the tourists and expats were. A lot of Russians, a lot of Arabs, a lot of Indians, very, very few Europeans or Westerners. Any place that has about 40% or 50% Russian tourists is going to be a place that is difficult to have a good time. These are not nice people, these are not polite people, these are rough people with a Cossack background, who come from a very uncivilized nation.

As far as this guy goes anytime at anyone attacks a policeman he should be locked up. Perhaps there should be a mandatory prison sentence for this kind of ridiculous behavior. 

Have you ever been to Russia ?

/

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Is pepper spray legal in Thailand?......might get me some.

Interesting question. I was stopped by a Thai police officer while trying to cross the street. He noticed a bulge in my pocket and asked me to show him what it was. I think he might have assumed it was drugs. So I pulled out my can of police (USA) mace and showed him. There was some writing in English on the small container but I do not think he could read English. So he let me go without a problem but I think he might have thought it was an asthma inhaler.

3 minutes ago, WhatMeWorry said:

He noticed a bulge in my pocket and asked me to show him what it was

That sentence aside, I think you are probably correct.....not drugs, not a weapon....so off you go.

5 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

I never hear any positive news when ruskies are involved.

Send them back and black list them......

make excellent cannon fodder 

Edited by malibukid
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Vibora99 said:

Thank you for not generalizing

Everyone generalizes about everyone else, and particularly about people they don't like. Get used to it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

My old grandmother always told me to be careful what you wish for.

Thailand wanted the Russian so badly....how's that working out?

Thailand wants to buy ship from China.....I wonder how that will

work out too.? 

"The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet bouquet 

of low price has faded". That might apply to tourists and military hardware....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cabradelmar said:

Assault a pregnant woman... 500 baht... assault police and I think it might "cost" a bit more... hopefully his Thai visitation privileges, and I one-way back to Putin's place.

I watched the video last night on channel 3 this guy even drunk kick some butt. He even got into it with some customers who tried to control him. He put down one guy and then that guy gets up and wants somemore but cooler heads prevailed and held the overmatch in a hurry you man back as all he was going to get was a whipping. This guy kept 4 cops off him and then the taser arrived lights out. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

The answer is no.

"Civilians found in possession of pepper spray can by law be jailed for up to 10 years and fined as much as Bt1 million. In other words, the penalty is far worse than if you’re caught with illicit drugs or a firearm."

"Pepper spray would give us a fighting chance," March 2024 https://www.nationthailand.com/perspective/30303925

from Samsak Lawyer September 2014

"By law there are two types of weapons, (1) weapon by condition eg. knife, gun, etc. (2) weapon by use eg. bat, bottles, stick etc. Batons, knives and pepper spray are considered weapons by condition, if you are caught by one by police you could be fined THB 100 and have it confiscated."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/762108-concealed-pepper-spray-expandable-batons-and-pocket-knives/

So always carry THB 100?

Or the answer is maybe.

also from Samsak Lawyer September 2014
"In the case of using it in self defense you can use it if it's against a weapon that is of a more of a more dangerous in nature such as a knife or a gun. Only police and authorised personnel are legally allowed to carry such weapons."

Ask your assailant if he's carrying a knife or gun, please display it?

Welcome to Thailand.

Mmmmm.....as usual with Thai law.....pick the bones out of that....555

11 minutes ago, moe666 said:

I watched the video last night on channel 3 this guy even drunk kick some butt. He even got into it with some customers who tried to control him. He put down one guy and then that guy gets up and wants somemore but cooler heads prevailed and held the overmatch in a hurry you man back as all he was going to get was a whipping. This guy kept 4 cops off him and then the taser arrived lights out. 

Actually I was quite impressed, if he had of been sober would have been carnage!

But then again he probably wouldn't have done it.