Rabid Russian assaults police team in Phuket after going berserk at a city centre hotel

webfact

Not got the minerals to fight for his country on the front line. Russians are Neanderthals with no etiquette, no manners and no respect for other people. I lived in Kathu for years now back in UK and all I'm hearing is Phuket has turned into a <deleted> hole full of Russians thinking they own the place and disrespecting locals as well as fellow tourists. Black list the lot of them and deport them if they can't behave themselves 🤷‍♂️

• Thumbs Up 2

Although I do not drink and if I drink in bars or pubs I prefer to drink Campari lemon and soda because I drive.

I think the Russian man do not have any responsibily because he was drunk but in other hand I am confused Police officers  was unable to immobilize a ....drunk person?

18 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Certainly the number of west European tourists is very low. 

Apart from what I see with my own eyes when around and about, I recently flew from London with Ettihad. The London - Abu Dhabi leg was ram packed. The Abu Dhabi - Phuket leg was 10% full, if that.

So wherever those people on the Londo flight were going, it certainly wasn’t Phuket.

Maybe because all the Westerners are bringing back home their Thai wives. In my county there is at least ten Thai restaurants.

6 hours ago, Paris333 said:

Although I do not drink and if I drink in bars or pubs I prefer to drink Campari lemon and soda because I drive.

I think the Russian man do not have any responsibily because he was drunk but in other hand I am confused Police officers  was unable to immobilize a ....drunk person?

Would that be alcohol free Campari.

19 hours ago, Guderian said:

I wonder when the Thais will decide that it's time to scale back the low-margin mass-tourism industry and start thinking of better ways to make a living?

Never, as long as there is money involved..

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, eumenades said:

The Russians have produced some of the world's best writers and it gets around. They have a dreadful history of persecution and recriminations. You don't have to be an intellectual to get that point. But it helps to have a nodding acquaintance with Tolstoy, Turgenev, Dostoevsky, Gogol, Pasternak, Nabokov, Solzhenitsyn and Chekhov. These writers have little to do with politicians like Putin (who would put many of them in jail.)

(Please don't reply like a Pattaya piss-artist.)

True, but even then what they write about is often in a very dark tone, like their society itself. Read many of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had always wanted to visit Russia until I met and kind of got to know them in Bali. Was very interested in their culture etc, art, dance, etc. Then after about a year, I realized they were mostly (97%) communist users, and when I stopped buying things for them or giving them free advice they were gone. If they didn't get it free and had to pay, they were the tightest bustards on earth. Never a thank you, an acknowledgement or a pleasant nod on a morning walk. Animals. They smoked in all the restaurants and put their feet on the table, took cuts, never tipped, cheated, lied, stole like crazy the women add in the Ukrainians even from the little stores, and drove like <deleted>. Horrible neighbors, noisy without any respect for the people around them.  Expect 5 star service for a 2 star room. They treated the Balinese like dirt, which especially rubbed me wrong, hence I came back to Thailand and one of my first priorities was living where I did not see one of them.

• Agree 1

On 3/30/2024 at 7:16 AM, webfact said:

Rabid Russian rampage in Phuket.

To bad it did not happen in Rayong 

Then the title writer would not have to buy a P and just use his Rs.

21 hours ago, Jimbo 12345 said:

Yet another coward yellow  chicken war Dodger causing havoc in little Moscow,  I absolutely detest these pieces of scum,  send ( IT ) back to ( ITS) country and fight like a man you pathetic piece of sh@#$t

Probably best for everyone he's getting tasered and locked up here rather than allowed to fight for war criminals that run his homeland.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Vibora99 said:

…RUSSIANS or INDIAN victims (they are always robbed) Thank you for not generalizing

Is it not a generalization to say they are “always” robbed? Surely, most are not, but some are.

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2024 at 5:10 PM, eumenades said:

Yes. This kind of thing seems to be getting worse in Thailand. But it is very difficult to convince our readers that Russian society has been conditioned by barbarism for more than a century of repression. The Russians have produced terrific writers - fairly widely read - but the average Russian today prefers knee-jerk chauvinism and reliance on their own tightly controlled media. I feel sure Thailand can expect more of this kind of trouble, especially where Thai cops have little knowledge of Russian history. 

I concur. These people are the product of Putin’s Russia. Both ignorant and arrogant with a strong belief in their entitlements according to what the Russian media feeds them. 
Six months in the monkey house then off to the front. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Zack61 said:

I concur. These people are the product of Putin’s Russia. Both ignorant and arrogant with a strong belief in their entitlements according to what the Russian media feeds them. 
Six months in the monkey house then off to the front. 

Stood at the end of a carriage on the Moscow metro with a young lady....this was 30 years or so ago.....everyone was looking at me.....quite disconcerting.

I quietly asked the young lady why? She smiled and said.......

'you look intelligent.......Stalin killed the intelligentsia so they are fascinated by your looks'

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2024 at 12:59 AM, findlay13 said:

Has the Swiss Doctor kicker been deported? It all went quiet about him. Maybe his money is talking.

He was rescued by his elephants in the middle of the night. Tarzan like cries were heard vanishing deep into the jungle as all was laid waste before them.

On 3/30/2024 at 3:49 PM, Lopburikid said:

Have you not noticed haw the Russians seem to get off lightly????? The Russian female kicking a pregnant Thai woman in the crotch, A Wai, a sorry, and B500 fine everything OK. The Swiss guy who allegedly kicked a Thai woman in the back. was in nick, house searched, visa revoked, on bail still awaiting trail.

Yes, they do. Must be political but I don't know how. Any ideas?

On 3/30/2024 at 5:35 PM, Sig said:

One thing I've noticed that seems to be a giveaway is that Russians don't smile or give/return greetings to strangers as many westerners might in public places.

Yep.

On 3/30/2024 at 4:45 PM, Chongalulu said:

Connect him to a "positive " terminal?..Oh wait a negative terminal has to be involved too…

See the stuff on Russian writers. Not to mention 1.8 million dissidents now living on the outskirts.

On 4/1/2024 at 7:15 AM, eumenades said:

Yes, they do. Must be political but I don't know how. Any ideas?

I know Thai politicians like fish heads, but I don't think they like horse's heads😀