Rabid Russian assaults police team in Phuket after going berserk at a city centre hotel

webfact

They didn't use a laser gun to stun him did they? I would never have known!:-

"CCTV footage from the mayhem and chaos on Tuesday at a city centre hotel in Phuket. (Inset) Mr Tolstov attacked people, including security guards at the hotel. Finally, police used a taser gun to stun and collapse the marauding Russian."

"Rabid Russian rampage in Phuket. Tourist tasered by police after hotel havoc. A drunken Russian tourist, Mr Aleksandr Tolstov, triggered chaos in Phuket, assaulting multiple people at a hotel. Three officers intervened but had to resort to a taser to subdue him. Now facing criminal charges."{

"A Russian tourist is facing criminal charges and is being held by Karon Police after a furious outburst of violence in the centre of Phuket on Tuesday. The crazed Russian man, wearing nothing but summer trunks tore into security staff and later police at a local hotel. Finally, police were forced to use a Taser gun to incapacitate the rabid young man and prevent further conflict."

"There has been another incident of outrageous behaviour by a foreigner in Phuket. On Tuesday, police were forced to use a Taser gun to overpower a young Russian man who attacked multiple people at a hotel."

All within the same article/post!!!

But yet another Russian "behaving badly" - well the Thai Government wanted them - now they got them - warts and all! 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

While you've likely heard it used to describe an animal infected by rabies, rabid (derived from the Latin verb rabere, "be mad, rave") can also dramatically describe a person exhibiting fanatical, extremely enthusiastic, or raging behavior. Seems very appropriate to me.

Nice explanation for these who had problems with the description.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Is pepper spray legal in Thailand?......might get me some.

You can make it by yourself and carry it around. 

I always carry it around when I am out and about. 

Not anti-personnel.  Mostly against mean dogs I may encounter in the streets.

I met so many of them by now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe this guy did this on purpose!  A couple yesrs in Thai jail woukd be better than going to the front. Maybe his visa was up or he has neen called up.   Maybe in Thailand, not under the info blackout,  he was able to see that the 3 day military operation is now in its 3rd year and russians are being slaughtered daily as they are sent in continuous meat wave attacks.   I watch 8-10 telegram chans and read the daily destruction lists.  About 950 die each day. 10-24 tanks a day.  Everyone should learn how drones have so drastically changed the face of war forever. I suggest a soft start on YouTube  Follow deny davydov a commercial pilot now posting daily info about the days happenings.  Watch him on  telegram if you can handle the bits and pieces flying.  YouTube is highly censored. 

Edited by Elkski

8 minutes ago, Jiggo said:

Nice explanation for these who had problems with the description.

I would hope the meaning of a common English word like this is understood by most expats?  Or am i wrong?  No  wonder so many say they avoid contact with other farangs

1 hour ago, Chongalulu said:

Round the ragged rock the rabid Russian ran.

Rugged rock - rabid ranting 20,000 volt horizontal Russian . . . 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Russian assaults police team in Phuket after going berserk 

Poor police in Phuket. 

They're not getting much sleep on shift with all the crazy foreigners in town. 

6 hours ago, alien365 said:

Now this is the type of incident that deserves prison in my opinion. This man is clearly a danger to others and should not be free to roam the streets. 

Are you saying he is not equivalent to a soi dog?

"Karma at Work"-Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) pushed to have the Tourists from Russia at a large scale and now they are paying for it!!

5 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

I wonder what the odds are that alcohol was somehow involved . . . 

Very true. Booze works wonders on ppl from northern hemisphere. 

I reckon a bunch of Iceland dudes acting like vikings on Walking street PTT. foreigners at TopTen disco in SG as well. Other places around....
Tropics do really freaky <deleted> on them

• Thumbs Up 1

Thai government should Stop invasion of Russian thugs to Thailand!

Most countries in the world impose sanctions and restrictions to Putin thugs regime , Russia and Russian nationals for their brutal war in Ukraine.

Expeot Thailand who favour Russian tourists providing 6 month visa waver, give them freely American Visa and Master cards ((are under sanctions of OFAC by Dep of US treasury)in Thai banks  and giving them possibility for money laundering, buying properties and businesses illegally under Thai names,

Its amazing irony of history that  Thailand  which has been an reliable US ally during Cold Warvand provided a shelter and treatment for wounded American troops in Vietnam war in Pattaya give a treatment and residence permit to Putin thugs from Wagner mercenaries group wounded in fights against ukranians troops protecting their country! What a shame ..

On 3/27/2024 at 11:18 AM, Karlik Pu said:

Why dont your mention Russians working without permit in Pattaya and Phuket???

• Like 1

I've heard the shots for rabies are a beech. It's like 8 shots, long needle into the abdomen. He will clearly need to be rerstrained during said treatments then, off to the next waiting plane where he can proudly declare; "I went to Tahiland and all I got was this lousy rabies certificate". Good riddance.

I've heard the shots for rabies are a beech. It's like 8 shots, long needle into the abdomen. He will clearly need to be rerstrained during said treatments then, off to the next waiting plane where he can proudly declare; "I went to Tahiland and all I got was this lousy rabies certificate". Good riddance.

Well  we'll it's just the beginning as most of phuket is Russian now  with all the Trust found kids hiding out and getting all the luxuries from mummy and daddy. 

120% increase in property prices in 2 yrs prime real estate snapped up by the Ruskies and chinese.  Illegal business Restaurants with Russian only menus  Ruskie uber drivers etc. 

Yes then add the 90 day visa on arrival for the Ruskies tourist. 

Quality no Basic cashed up peasants with entitlement  that includes the Chinese too, what's perplexing is Russians don't like Asians very much but considering they have no where else to hide  they have to tough it out and be <deleted> to the locals in the process. 

Phuket - Little Moscow will become like Pattaya a sess pool  in a few years and by the time that happens then the government will step in but all to late as all they see  now is show me the money... 

Sad to see Phuket go this way thank God I didn't move there and stayed in Bangkok don't have to see them if you don't need too. 

Just get rid off them and give it back to the local and a Quality expat and Tourist.  Hell will freeze over before that will happens the Thai government isn't that smart. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Certainly the number of west European tourists is very low. 

Apart from what I see with my own eyes when around and about, I recently flew from London with Ettihad. The London - Abu Dhabi leg was ram packed. The Abu Dhabi - Phuket leg was 10% full, if that.

So wherever those people on the Londo flight were going, it certainly wasn’t Phuket.

I think one of the issues is that no improvements have been made, no progress has been done, the only thing that's really changed is that the quality of the tourists have gone down, the areas have gotten more crowded, the air had gotten worse, the traffic is worse, and Thailand has gotten more expensive, so for the average tourist who is affluent or wealthy Thailand just does not have much appeal at all. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Guderian said:

I wonder when the Thais will decide that it's time to scale back the low-margin mass-tourism industry and start thinking of better ways to make a living?

That would require common sense, reason and vision, something that the politicians and officials do not seem to possess one iota of. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

I moved from the place over 10 years ago for those reasons and never went back… I dare not imagine what it is like now. Cesspit comes to mind.

Yeah I felt the same way about Samui, had nearly a decade there when it was delightful, then it became inundated, overdeveloped, filthy, and full of chock of jaded locals, and way too full of tourists and expats and I left and never looked back. So grateful to live on the mainland now. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, RayOday said:

How stupid do you have to be to evade being drafted and then getting expelled from your safe refuge? I guess the Russians (Turgenev} really did conceive the notion of nihilism. In the land of karma the wheel spins for this raschist.

Yes... just back in time for the next "mobilisation"..... poor bugger 

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

Well  we'll it's just the beginning as most of phuket is Russian now  with all the Trust found kids hiding out and getting all the luxuries from mummy and daddy. 

120% increase in property prices in 2 yrs prime real estate snapped up by the Ruskies and chinese.  Illegal business Restaurants with Russian only menus  Ruskie uber drivers etc. 

Yes then add the 90 day visa on arrival for the Ruskies tourist. 

Quality no Basic cashed up peasants with entitlement  that includes the Chinese too, what's perplexing is Russians don't like Asians very much but considering they have no where else to hide  they have to tough it out and be <deleted> to the locals in the process. 

Phuket - Little Moscow will become like Pattaya a sess pool  in a few years and by the time that happens then the government will step in but all to late as all they see  now is show me the money... 

Sad to see Phuket go this way thank God I didn't move there and stayed in Bangkok don't have to see them if you don't need too. 

Just get rid off them and give it back to the local and a Quality expat and Tourist.  Hell will freeze over before that will happens the Thai government isn't that smart. 

So glad you told this on the forum. I will never go. Sounds dreadful 🙏

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, DTL2014 said:

could be PTSD?  we dont know what kind of pressures he has been under...or withdrawal..it's a bit much to put local plod in front of a menacing threat like this.

Perhaps they should have a swat team made up of thai kick boxers properly trained and equipped in all tourist hot spots.

He was drunk.  I think that says it all.  :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1