Rabid Russian assaults police team in Phuket after going berserk at a city centre hotel

webfact

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

The usual punishment for those of Russian nationality appears to be a 500 baht fine, eg the period raged Russian lady who kicked a 7-11 employee. Contrasted with the Swiss idiot who was held up to national humiliation and deported (I believe) for kicking someone.

Likely the two Russians referenced in the article will apologize and get a small fine. But I doubt we will ever hear about it

Yes, because they control the little brown boys in uniforms who like their slave women who promptly provide community work to 'STRAIGHTEN' it all out, and then get a 'QUICK RELEASE'.

21 minutes ago, moe666 said:

I watched the video last night on channel 3 this guy even drunk kick some butt. He even got into it with some customers who tried to control him. He put down one guy and then that guy gets up and wants somemore but cooler heads prevailed and held the overmatch in a hurry you man back as all he was going to get was a whipping. This guy kept 4 cops off him and then the taser arrived lights out. 

do you have a link to the video? Sounds like a quality fight. 👊

• Haha 1

Like some members have said Thai tourism bosses opened their arms and bent over backwards to allow Russians into resort areas. Now the fallout is showing with criminal Activity increasing on a regular basis. Will they look at their own government ministers and ask why is this happening and it will damage to Phuket's image or as I suspect money will be paid and blame will be shifted on rowdy behavior from westerners arriving into the Resort areas.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

The usual punishment for those of Russian nationality appears to be a 500 baht fine, eg the period raged Russian lady who kicked a 7-11 employee. Contrasted with the Swiss idiot who was held up to national humiliation and deported (I believe) for kicking someone.

Likely the two Russians referenced in the article will apologize and get a small fine. But I doubt we will ever hear about it

So true 

I just don't understand the thai police what so ever

It feels like to me they are scared of the Russians

Horrible people 

Horrible nation

No personality 

No maners 

No nothing 

• Sad 1

Just now, Tatman95 said:

So true 

I just don't understand the thai police what so ever

It feels like to me they are scared of the Russians

Horrible people 

Horrible nation

No personality 

No maners 

No nothing 

The Russians that is

He's guilt-ridden about being a draft dodging coward, so now he's over here kicking off, trying to prove what a tough guy he is ! Don't encourage any more like him. Shave his head, lock him up for a year and send him back - forever blacklisted and with maximum publicity.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

While you've likely heard it used to describe an animal infected by rabies, rabid (derived from the Latin verb rabere, "be mad, rave") can also dramatically describe a person exhibiting fanatical, extremely enthusiastic, or raging behavior. Seems very appropriate to me.

It's a misuse of the definition - he wasn't actually "exhibiting fanatical, extremely enthusiastic behaviour..... however rabies is endemic in Thailand  the root is rage but not in usual usage.

Berzerk would have been a better use

• Confused 1

The problem with the Thai tourist board is always thinking money💰 🤑 first

Never mind the quality Tourist 

They will rue the day with the number of Russian tourists as its already happening in Phuket and Pattaya  causing trouble 😱

2 hours ago, alien365 said:

Now this is the type of incident that deserves prison in my opinion. This man is clearly a danger to others and should not be free to roam the streets. 

Have you not noticed haw the Russians seem to get off lightly????? The Russian female kicking a pregnant Thai woman in the crotch, A Wai, a sorry, and B500 fine everything OK. The Swiss guy who allegedly kicked a Thai woman in the back. was in nick, house searched, visa revoked, on bail still awaiting trail.

2 hours ago, alien365 said:

Now this is the type of incident that deserves prison in my opinion. This man is clearly a danger to others and should not be free to roam the streets. 

Have you not noticed haw the Russians seem to get off lightly????? The Russian female kicking a pregnant Thai woman in the crotch, A Wai, a sorry, and B500 fine everything OK. The Swiss guy who allegedly kicked a Thai woman in the back. was in nick, house searched, visa revoked, on bail still awaiting trial.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

These are not nice people, these are not polite people, these are rough people with

Are you really not talking about Chinese?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

was stopped by a Thai police officer while trying to cross the street. He noticed a bulge in my pocket and asked me to show him what it was. I think he might have assumed it was drugs. So I pulled out my

….your what ??! I thought you were going to dance like that George Michael video "Let’s go outside" 😘. Perhaps he thought you were just pleased to see him… 😜 

4 hours ago, eumenades said:

Yes. This kind of thing seems to be getting worse in Thailand. But it is very difficult to convince our readers that Russian society has been conditioned by barbarism for more than a century of repression. The Russians have produced terrific writers - fairly widely read - but the average Russian today prefers knee-jerk chauvinism and reliance on their own tightly controlled media. I feel sure Thailand can expect more of this kind of trouble, especially where Thai cops have little knowledge of Russian history. 

Isn't that what the great leader Putin teaches his people with his propoganda.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, eumenades said:

Unfortunately, Russians share many facial characteristics with other western visitors. This must be a source of constant confusion with most European visitors to Thailand. Culturally, Russians are miles apart from most European visitors and have a chronic history of repression and a violence which reverberates amongst their lesser educated arrivals.  I feel sorry for Thai cops who have to work amidst such contrastive cultural backgrounds - we all look so similar, but that is not the case.

One thing I've noticed that seems to be a giveaway is that Russians don't smile or give/return greetings to strangers as many westerners might in public places.

• Agree 1