Charge for Checked Luggage.

Flying next week London Stansted to Boston and they are charging for use of overhead lockers , that must be a first , your carry-on baggage must be able to fit under the seat in front of you to avoid being charged extra.. 

Emirates check in at BKK are very lackadaisical judging by size of some of the carry on luggage. At Newcastle your carry on bag is weighed and tagged at check in, it’s checked again tag only when go through the boarding gate.

On 4/2/2024 at 9:16 AM, NoshowJones said:

Flying from Swampy to Glasgow, don't need checked luggage, only carry on. Anyone know if they will accept a small case 25x35x60 when their maximum size is 25x35x55?

If it comes to being rammed into a measuring frame a soft bag that is not jammed hard full is usually accepted until the weight check screws up that plan !

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I took the carry on instead of the checked bags because it suited me, I know they will weight it at check in, but do they also measure the carry on bag? Do they charge you extra if it is a couple of cms more than the 35x25x55? I have tried to get an answer to this but have been unsuccessful so far.

Probably make you check it in

7 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Probably make you check it in

Are you trying to say they will check it in if it weighs more that the 12kg allowed? Are they going to check the sizes with a measuring tape? Is that not going to hold up the queue a good bit? All I am wondering is will I get away with my carry on case  being a few cms over the size they have stated 35x25x55? I see one in BigC being 35x25x60, the rest are way below that.

Just now, NoshowJones said:

Are you trying to say they will check it in if it weighs more that the 12kg allowed? Are they going to check the sizes with a measuring tape? Is that not going to hold up the queue a good bit? All I am wondering is will I get away with my carry on case  being a few cms over the size they have stated 35x25x55? I see one in BigC being 35x25x60, the rest are way below that.

Yes it will hold up the que for sure but they can get more money by doing it.

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

I'll take the bait

Why ?? I will subsequently respond.

Do travel agents actually still exist over here. Far easier to use the online travel sites either direct with an airline or with an online agent. All the info anyone needs is contained in these sites, yet the OP thinks for some reason Asean Now posters know better.

On 4/4/2024 at 2:05 PM, jimn said:

Do travel agents actually still exist over here. Far easier to use the online travel sites either direct with an airline or with an online agent. All the info anyone needs is contained in these sites, yet the OP thinks for some reason Asean Now posters know better.

If travel agents still existed in Thailand, I mean upcountry, I would have been to see them long ago. There was one in Phitsanulok 18 years ago when I first came to live in Thailand, but don't think there are any anymore, upcountry I mean.