Bangkok Bank Debit Card Expired

5 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

Correct.  I showed my debit card to a rent-a-car company in California and they said they couldn't take it because my name wasn't imprinted on it.   They give debit cards here on the spot, whereas in the USA you usually have to wait 7-10 days to get one with your name imprinted on it.

You could also get a Thai debit card with your name printed on it but it takes time to issue the card. Of course some branch staff will also state it is not possible.

Why would anyone need an ATM card these days? Get the app on your phone and do QR code payments almost everywhere in Thailand. Do cardless withdrawals at any of your bank's ATMs. Pay shopee or lazada with QR code.

No hundreds of baht/year fee for the app either. 

9 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Why would anyone need an ATM card these days? Get the app on your phone and do QR code payments almost everywhere in Thailand. Do cardless withdrawals at any of your bank's ATMs. Pay shopee or lazada with QR code.

The app does not seem to fit my phone.

image.jpeg.945dc6c58e4d751782852582f1d38229.jpeg

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

There you go.  Not available to old senile retirees. :1zgarz5:  who knows how to use mobile banking, by the way.  thanks for the info.

I'm not a senile retiree but i have a BKK bank CC, it comes with the caveat of the balance i mentioned earlier.

29 minutes ago, gargamon said:

ATMs are still need for those of us that travel to many countries which are not set up for receiving payments from Thailand banking apps.

Cash is king when travelling, there's no doubt about that.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, PJ71 said:
16 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

There you go.  Not available to old senile retirees. :1zgarz5:  who knows how to use mobile banking, by the way.  thanks for the info.

I'm not a senile retiree but i have a BKK bank CC, it comes with the caveat of the balance i mentioned earlier.

I was joking about being an old senile retiree.  I was answering the person who said that the debit card with his name on it was available for people with work permits and pay slips.  I have a retirement "visa" so apparently not available to me.  Also, when I inquired about a credit card, quite a while ago, the "credit card" available to me was actually a pre-paid debit card, and I didn't want to tie up my money with that product when I already had a debit card, US credit card and US debit card.    Maybe the credit card situation has changed since then.