Cost for electric bike

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You are right.

But unfortunately, lots of green battery-whatever users realize this only when it's too late. Like: Why did nobody tell me? ...

And then the "green battery-whatever" people plug this green bike into a wall charger powered by coal fired power plant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Nothing even close to a DECO Motorcycle battery charger ... :cheesy:

My little charger for my ebike is half the size of the DECO charger :coffee1:

But believe it or not, the technology is similar.

The difference it that a bigger charger has likely a higher output and for that reason higher risk.

But it still has possibly the same risk like small chargers - just bigger.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

We know what extreme you are ...

... your house will burn down

... your phone charger might not work on you motorcycle

THANKS ... very helpful

Yeah, I know, not everybody understands it.

Enjoy your ignorance. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But believe it or not, the technology is similar.

The difference it that a bigger charger has likely a higher output and for that reason higher risk.

But it still has possibly the same risk like small chargers - just bigger.

So you have no electronic device, as all carry the risk ?  Oh wait, you must have some, since here, what a risk taker you are.

Buy crap, get crap, worry about crap ... and crap might even happen.   I on the other hand, don't worry about any of my electronics, as don't buy crap.  UP2U.

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, 10000Baht said:

Hi @KhunLA can you please tell something about insurance for the bike?

Is a Motorcycle insurance Type 1 possible? Can you say anything about the price for it? Thank You

I just have mandatory 3rd party insurance on the motorcycle, as I drive very conservative, since dog and or wife is with me, and just locally around town, or short trips on country road.   Actually folks here drive very good, and it is a scooter, and not going to cost much to replace any parts.

23 yrs of scooter riding here and yet to have an oops, so way ahead on the premium curve.

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

So you have no electronic device, as all carry the risk ?  Oh wait, you must have some, since here, what a risk taker you are.

Buy crap, get crap ... and crap happens.   I on the other hand, don't worry about any of my electronics, as don't buy crap.  UP2U.

I don't buy crap.

Looking at those vehicles which you posted here, is any of that from a reputable brand, maybe certified by someone with a reputation?

I have a couple of Lithium RC batteries, all stored in a safe designed for those things.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

JMO it all depends on what you want to do with an electric bike/trike/4 wheel/scooter or motorbike.

Will you use it as a motorbike? Or like me at 79, just use it as a trike or small 4 wheel for getting to the local shops and getting around etc.  Speed, range, battery life etc all come into the equation, along with can you tax and insure it.

Price it not so important compared to use.

I am looking at a couple of trikes, small 4 wheelers that have a windscreen and a roof to keep the sun and most of the rain off me, and they cost 35 to 50k thb. What I would need is an 80 to 100 km range, a top speed of maybe 50 kph and something fairly simple. 2 seats max and perhaps my wife will bike jack it for shopping. The bad news is that there is no a/c.

"Price it not so important compared to use."

Might as well just buy a Neta V EV car, about 500k, or roll the dice on the Wuling Air EV, <400k for some savings, since really not needing higher specs.  One of the best selling 'mini' EVs worldwide.

You could go cheaper IMO mini EVs, but not sure any of them have lithium batteries, or the track record of  SAIC-GM-Wuling. 

You're not going to find anything, 3 or 4 wheeler EV, trike or 'golf cart-ish' EV with any good specs or even a lithium battery will get you the 100 kms range you're looking for, especially with a bit of a load.  Think they start in the 100-150k range, and may not even have a lithium (LFP) battery.

If wife a bit younger, she'll get a lot of use out of a Neta V, and or pass down, even the Wuling Air a better choice.  Anything less, will be  headache for her down the line ... IMHO

34 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't buy crap.

Looking at those vehicles which you posted here, is any of that from a reputable brand, maybe certified by someone with a reputation?

I have a couple of Lithium RC batteries, all stored in a safe designed for those things.

How do you say ... Google is your friend.   Wasted enough time with you, as you have no real interest in E-MB.

HAVE A NICE DAY

On 3/31/2024 at 4:29 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Excellent quality petrol motorcycles are cheap here to buy and run and will last for a long time plus have good re-sale value, I wouldn't bother with electric

Good thinking.

But, over the years.

As more electric bikes are used petrol will become scarce and expensive.

More people will have solar power which makes for cheaper motoring.

Electric bikes, with few moving parts will become much less costly to buy than petrol bikes.

On 3/31/2024 at 1:28 AM, KhunLA said:

We have an E-motorcycle, and I'd recommend the Deco brand to anyone.  1000w motor w/decent lithium (LFP) battery, with prices starting under 30k baht.   I really wouldn't bother with anything else, with less specs.

We've had ours SUSU model, for 2.5 years, and love it.  Cost wise for ours, largest model & battery is <20 baht, full charge, at a guess.  3.6kWh battery X 5 baht.  That would get me 75-90kms.  That's a 3000w motor & 72v50Ah battery.  Newer version is bit better battery and safer LFP chemistry.

Quality battery & charger, and personally wouldn't worry about any fire risk.

image.png.a1a1c67d412d6e4436c98c7c5cbaf06e.png

I also bought a Deco the Hannah model after the Government EV incentive kicked in dropping the price from ฿50k to ฿30k.

We charge it and 2 EVs from solar  - the house is off-grid with no electric meter.

The battery is removable and they sell the battery separately if you want a spare. 

20230404_045012169_iOS.thumb.jpg.a37de8614463e1013b7512d2dc455ca9.jpg20230404_060349069_iOS.jpg.87eb3294e43b65b83bde2d6a47eb9dc3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

There was a thread on this a few months ago.

On 2/19/2024 at 1:37 PM,  kingstonkidsaid:

Does anyone have one? I am wondering what the electric bill is like and how long the average battery charge is?  

My reply on the same thread:

“Mine, an electric 3-wheel, is economical to run. Charging via a separate charger takes from 6 to 13 hours depending on how low the lead-acid battery is. Electric bill is minimal.

It’s top speed is 48kph and range on a full charge is 45 kilometers”.

Edited by Stanton681
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bandersnatch said:

I also bought a Deco the Hannah model after the Government EV incentive kicked in dropping the price from ฿50k to ฿30k.

We charge it and 2 EVs from solar  - the house is off-grid with no electric meter.

The battery is removable and they sell the battery separately if you want a spare. 

What price are they now?