Thai Officials Announce "Innovative" Expat Health Measure

webfact

4 hours ago, Enzian said:

What's the punishment for noncompliance? Having to listen to a recording of Anutin giving a speech in Thai for an hour?

just for a simple crime, that seems to be a too harsh punishment ... 

500 baht and a nice wai should be more than enough...

Edited by motdaeng
spelling

Here we go again the Subject of  wearing face masks in Thailand 

I always wear mine when out in Bangkok PM2.5 

It's a matter of choice so far 

I can't get  to worked  about it it's my choice 

No doubt  others will think differently 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, BE88 said:

Stupidity cannot be fought

Not sure that it cannot be taught either, but the big problem being, there is a great deal of it about and one doesn't have to go far to fall over it.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

How does that explain the over 1 million just American Covid deaths? Along with the other western countries. Millions of people carried Covid but didn't get sick or had symptoms. Old news.

555 Not old news. Current matter. Obviously the septics did not get the same vaccinations that we had. Plus it also depends on each individuals responses too. P.S we are talking about being in Thailand!!

Edited by DPKANKAN

1 hour ago, eumenades said:

Wow. Someone on this site has studied history. (Or was it a Robin Hood movie?)

Please enlighten us as to which Robin Hood movie this was quoted in?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Citing concerns about the potential for foreign visitors to introduce new illnesses,

Will we have to show a TM6 to prove we have not just arrived, but live here long time?

• Haha 1

Citing concerns about the potential for foreign visitors to introduce new illnesses,

Will we have to show a TM6 to prove we have not just arrived, but live here long time?

Are they going to include this tidbit on all tourist websites, airlines at booking? And traveling Tat shows ?    

This is really meant to divide and raise the hatred against foreigners to diatract from all the corruption in the news.. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Travis179 said:

Dr. Anthony Fauci wrote in February 2020 that store-bought face masks would not be very effective at protecting against the COVID-19 pandemic and advised a traveler not to wear one.

https://www.newsweek.com/fauci-said-masks-not-really-effective-keeping-out-virus-email-reveals-1596703

Yet you state they don't work ie...not very effective by quoting Fauci. That is not what Fauci said or what other studies have stated. Use an N95 mask and you'll be fine.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-fauci-interview-face-masks-covid-406605262832

Social media posts are misrepresenting what Fauci said about masks and COVID-19 and omitting part of his response. The nation’s former top infectious disease expert said mask initiatives may have a small impact at the community level, but in the following sentence he said he believes a properly worn, high-quality mask can be effective protection for an individual.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Here we go again the Subject of  wearing face masks in Thailand 

I always wear mine when out in Bangkok PM2.5 

It's a matter of choice so far 

I can't get  to worked  about it it's my choice 

No doubt  others will think differently 

Indeed, a significant pecentage of the locals wore masks long before anyone had heard of covid.

There is a certain mentality that will condemn Thailand for a lack of preventative measures and then criticise any attempt at introduction. For many it stems from a belief that they have a god given right to interfere in the affairs of other nations. 

The article is however deliberately inflammatory, in one sentece they refer to  "foreign visitors"  and the next "expats" as though one and the same.

Like you I still wear a mask where I consider it appropriate. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Travis179 said:

Dr. Anthony Fauci wrote in February 2020 that store-bought face masks would not be very effective at protecting against the COVID-19 pandemic and advised a traveler not to wear one.

https://www.newsweek.com/fauci-said-masks-not-really-effective-keeping-out-virus-email-reveals-1596703

Useless  advice. If you cannot board the transport you are not a traveller.

The biggest benefit to wearing the masks again, bad breath.

Wowzers when I stopped using a mask a while back what I noticed was the number of people would had horrible breath. From banks, to restaurants, to just people walking down the street.

Just recently flew out of Bangkok and standing in lines noticed it a lot. 

I still carry a fresh mask with me now just on those occasions where I might get stuck in a line up. 

I am quite particular about oral hygiene so I know it is not mine.

• Haha 2

Thailand's Ministry of Health has unveiled a new initiative to combat communicable diseases:

reinstating mask mandates for foreigners in major tourist areas

Those face masks should protect me from those bed bugs that the Europeans have been brining to Thailand 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1