I need some help about the electricity for setting up a small bitcoin mining farm.

I have three phase now at my villa with a 30/100 transformer. So now I need to merge the old wires with the new three-phase wires into one circuit breaker board does anyone have any . suggestions for a circuit breaker board that can take 300 A I will split them into groups of 50 amp fuses if I can but my knowledge is limited. To reiterate I've had three phase added to my villa with a 50 amp fuse and a 30 amp fuse but I would like to integrate the old fuse box with a new three-phase fuse box. 

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 15.17.37.png

Edited by scott1999
  • Haha 1

Thank you Sir for your Reply and thank you for taking the time to do so. I know what you mean hurts the miners a lot but I live near Hua Hin now, I actually have a condo in your area that I will try to sell very soon. I've done the math and with 300 amps I could go up to 10 to 13 miners the majority would be for BTC and a couple of Kasper Miners to help pay my electricity I have my first miner up and running now on the three phase but I think my next job should be to integrate the wiring and get a new circuit board. I am using one room of my villa as the mining room the exhaust pipes for the boxes are going out through the wall to the garden. I'm using these boxes to cool down the miners and push the hot air out of the room into the garden and keep the noise down. The photo is what the PEA did for me. The transformer is on the road and the thick wires come down the soi To my pole and from the pole to this box in my carport the 30 amp fuse is being run to my room which I think I can only get one miner  on  15amp machine at this time. I would like to buy some more miners soon so I need the circuit breaker board that you mentioned very soon. Thanks again for your expertise and your reply so quickly

Screenshot 2024-03-26 204222.png

• Haha 1

Could you post a clear photo (close up) of your two existing breakers please.

194V on a nominal 220V supply with minimal load is somewhat worrying! (already 12% low).

Can you link to the spec. for your server rack please so we can see its power requirments.

11 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Could you post a clear photo (close up) of your two existing breakers please.

194V on a nominal 220V supply with minimal load is somewhat worrying! (already 12% low).

Can you link to the spec. for your server rack please so we can see its power requirments.

First photo is the original 1 phase in the villa when I bought it. Other photos are the new 3 phase the single miner is running from the 30 amp fuse

20240402_141406.jpg

20240402_141535.jpg

20240402_141526.jpg

OK, is the Eaton box still in use and being fed from where?

Interesting that they gave you a 50A incoming MCCB, are you certain you have a 30/100 supply?

1 minute ago, scott1999 said:

Original box

20240402_143704.jpg

Is it still in use? Where is it getting its incoming supply (your new 3-phase)?

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

OK, is the Eaton box still in use and being fed from where?

Interesting that they gave you a 50A incoming MCCB, are you certain you have a 30/100 supply?

Yes about the 30/100 transformer the 1 phase is coming from my pole overhead to the villa the new 3 phase is coming from my pole to the new box in the car port

20240402_143853.jpg

20240402_143903.jpg

20240402_143937.jpg

20240402_143941.jpg

OK, so you have two supplies and two meters.

I'd leave the existing alone.

Your 50A 3-phase incomer is good for about 8-10 miners spread across the 3-phases, so until you reach that level, I'd keep it as it is.

Do you have a pet sparky who can do your wiring? There's a lot of energy and potential death in a 3-phase supply!

11 minutes ago, Crossy said:

OK, so you have two supplies and two meters.

I'd leave the existing alone.

Your 50A 3-phase incomer is good for about 8-10 miners spread across the 3-phases, so until you reach that level, I'd keep it as it is.

Do you have a pet sparky who can do your wiring? There's a lot of energy and potential death in a 3-phase supply!

I have only 1 meter with old breaker box for the villa and new box in the carport for the miners but have been advised to upgrade to a new Circuit breaker  board three phase for everything. Such as air conditioners 3 freeze drawing machine one Mining machines 5 to 10 Qustion with the last photo of the Circuit breaker box everything?

396831802_7364398293579524_1417416501870627724_n.jpg

399220250_7397556036930416_8792461648072819371_n.jpg

404192724_7446335412052478_4057946485933183840_n.jpg

404679310_7456094234409929_1564101335217636753_n.jpg

404712390_7456094277743258_1925508719011637634_n.jpg

a19381bd65ecfe7a5a5b5aec26251bcb.jpg

I wish you luck, But even with 10-13 miners I'm not sure if it will be enough to mine BTC successfully. With the halving of BTC supply on the 18th of April It's going to be even harder. You'll need up to date miners to even have a chance.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

There's a picture of the new transformer and the electrician pipe in the thicker gage wire from my pole to the carport to the 50 amp fuse. The land that the electrician is standing on is my land of which in the future I'd like to put solar panels but let's get this bull run out of the way first. 

404271895_7450192191666800_6996347851245135380_n.jpg

419695845_7643338032352214_2015486155099597538_n.jpg

Edited by scott1999

15 minutes ago, scott1999 said:

OK that's the right sort of box for 3-phase.

Personally, I wouldn't lose the existing single-phase supply, if it has a 15/45 meter that's an additional 45A! Unless you are going to add a lot to the domestic side of things, I'd just replace the Eaton box with something like the baby Schneider and have done with it. it may also be advantageous to have your mining rig separately metered from the house.

Do you have a link to the spec. for your server rack, it's unclear what power supply it needs from the photos.

Again, do you have a sparks you can use (the PEA chaps could be available for some moonlighting).

Thanks Cossy

So the cost of this three phase circuit breaker box is from between 5000 and 12000? I can find a sparky but needed to do homework first such as how to do and cost of breaker box and how many miners I can put on the system because I will have to buy the more expensive miners like the s21 and s21 pro. Thanks again for all your help I've been here many years but it's like trying to get blood from a stone, especially at the PEA  I Had to tell them I wanted an electric car and extra voltage ampage for some machines before they would even entertain putting in the transformer. The price wasn't too bad in total about 40,000 baht all in. But from asking them to where I am now. it has still taken just under one year they said three months but they forgot to mention three months Thai time LOL. Thanks again for your help in this matter. The photo in this post is what I would like the little piece of land to look like with all the solar panels given the plants underneath some shade but that's just a pipe dream at the moment let's get the miners in the bull run over Then I can think about the solar panels

Screenshot 2024-02-07 160947.png

2 minutes ago, scott1999 said:

I Had to tell them I wanted an electric car and extra voltage ampage for some machines before they would even entertain putting in the transformer.

I thought you may have done that in order to get the extra supply :smile:

• Like 1

Again, do you have a sparks you can use (the PEA chaps could be available for some moonlighting).

Yes that man in the photo doing the piping is moonlighting from the PEA I have his number, thanks again it is more clear now. Keep old 1 phase and at new box for 3 phase

41 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

I wish you luck, But even with 10-13 miners I'm not sure if it will be enough to mine BTC successfully. With the halving of BTC supply on the 18th of April It's going to be even harder. You'll need up to date miners to even have a chance.  

Thank you, Sir, I'm all in!!! 5 miners will get me to 1 bitcoin in the next 4-year cycle. 10 miners = 2 and a bit Bitcoins. Then go for the solar panels at some point till then I can subsidize the electricity bills with 2 Kasper miners Where I will take the money out every month to help pay the electricity as well as my teaching online which I've been doing for the last 8 years 15 years total teaching in Thailand. Anyway that's the plan whether it comes to flourishing or not is up to the Gods.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 164024.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I know you don't probably don't want to consider this, but the Labour Department will regard what you're doing as work (regardless of whether you make any money out of it). Your project is (I assume) intended to earn you money, so for that you'll need a work permit (which you won't get without employing Thai staff etc etc, so a non-starter).

It wouldn't be bad if you could fly under the radar, but you started this thread and detailed your plans, your PEA guy knows what you're doing and (thanks to the Thai grapevine), that old Thai lady living 500km away from you in a small village also knows exactly what you're doing.

It only takes one disgruntled neighbour and your Mining project will be .. er .. toast.

Thanks for the heads up and like most things in Thailand you have to go under the radar or around the houses to get to where you want to be. I've been a teacher for over 15 years with a work permit assisted by my ex girlfriend Who works for the Ministry of labor in the department where all the big companies get their work permits renewed. I do have one of those ladies less than 500 meter away. None of us can be truly safe but with my ex girlfriend name on the Freehold of the villa and my name on a 30 year lease. With me teaching online feeding the local dogs (I care for 12) and cows I try my best to be a positive not a negative to the village. But you are right my work permit would not cover the Bitcoin mining but I'm sure my Ex-girlfriend would say they're hers if push comes to a shove. Thanks again for the warning I couldn't agree more it's like walking on eggshells most of the time here I just had to go into Hua Hin to have the banking app put back on my new phone because I broke my old phone and foreigners can't upload the new app without the help from the bank nice.  The photo uploaded is how I feel most of the time. LOL

Screenshot 2024-02-07 072958.png

Edited by scott1999
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, scott1999 said:

Thanks for the heads up and like most things in Thailand you have to go under the radar or around the houses to get to where you want to be. I've been a teacher for over 15 years with a work permit assisted by my ex girlfriend Who works for the Ministry of labor in the department where all the big companies get their work permits renewed. I do have one of those ladies less than 500 meter away. None of us can be truly safe but with my ex girlfriend name on the Freehold of the villa and my name on a 30 year lease. With me teaching online feeding the local dogs (I care for 12) and cows I try my best to be a positive not a negative to the village. But you are right my work permit would not cover the Bitcoin mining but I'm sure my Ex-girlfriend would say they're hers if push comes to a shove. Thanks again for the warning I couldn't agree more it's like walking on eggshells most of the time here I just had to go into Hua Hin to have the banking app put back on my new phone because I broke my old phone and foreigners can't upload the new app without the help from the bank nice.  The photo uploaded is how I feel most of the time. LOL

Screenshot 2024-02-07 072958.png

A great big thank you to all the people (Crossy) that took the time to reply to my need of help. The first picture is of my pack of dogs coming back from the river every morning the second photo is what I look like now after 6 years living in the jungle LOL

Screenshot 2024-03-05 084200.png

Screenshot 2024-01-18 180608.png

1 hour ago, scott1999 said:

5 miners will get me to 1 bitcoin in the next 4-year cycle. 10 miners = 2 and a bit Bitcoins

How old are your miners? If you aren't using the latest type of miner then as mentioned you are unlikely to mine much BTC. Also as the tech moves forward will you renew those miners in a year or 2. How much is each miner going to cost? I have read that the break even cost to mine 1 BTC is about $37,000!

Edited by CharlieKo
  • Like 1

is Mining anyhow related to Labor Department? Nope!

Any "working w/o WP" case has to go through proper investigation, facts and court. We are not living in Banana Republic after all, I witnessed few cases when "bad guy" appealed and won (in Bangkok and Pty).

Even if a <deleted>load of BiB will visit your crypto-farm just tell them it's a fridge. Think about hassle explaining how electricity will turn into money in court? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

How old are your miners? If you aren't using the latest type of miner then as mentioned you are unlikely to mine much BTC. Also as the tech moves forward will you renew those miners in a year or 2. How much is each miner going to cost? I have read that the break even cost to mine 1 BTC is about $37,000!

Good question. Let's start with the miners you're gonna need S21s 200 hash,  Each miner is about 150,000 baht times 5 miners 750,000 plus the electric at 7,000 baht a month = 35,000 a month times 48 months = 1,680,000 plus the miners total 2,430,000 times 2 = 5,000,000 baht for 2 Bitcoins. Now after 4 years you can still mine and if you have solar again that's clear profit. But let's keep it to the next cycle 4 years for now. Bitcoin is $70,000 = 2,600,00 baht times 2 = 5,200,000 baht. So if Bitcoin doesn't go up in the next four years you will just about break even now here's the gamble some people (Blackrock and so on) estimate in four years time it will be between 250,000 to $1.5 million dollars. I'm taking that gamble. Conservatively let's say$300,000 each 600,000 dollars = 22,000,000 baht 

11 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

is Mining anyhow related to Labor Department? Nope!

Any "working w/o WP" case has to go through proper investigation, facts and court. We are not living in Banana Republic after all, I witnessed few cases when "bad guy" appealed and won (in Bangkok and Pty).

Even if a <deleted>load of BiB will visit your crypto-farm just tell them it's a fridge. Think about hassle explaining how electricity will turn into money in court? 

I do have freeze drying machines which do eat a lot of electricity they  freeze dry food So that the food can be stored for up to 20 years if you like to. Thanks for the info

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scott1999 said:

Good question. Let's start with the miners you're gonna need S21s 200 hash,  Each miner is about 150,000 baht times 5 miners 750,000 plus the electric at 7,000 baht a month = 35,000 a month times 48 months = 1,680,000 plus the miners total 2,430,000 times 2 = 5,000,000 baht for 2 Bitcoins. Now after 4 years you can still mine and if you have solar again that's clear profit. But let's keep it to the next cycle 4 years for now. Bitcoin is $70,000 = 2,600,00 baht times 2 = 5,200,000 baht. So if Bitcoin doesn't go up in the next four years you will just about break even now here's the gamble some people (Blackrock and so on) estimate in four years time it will be between 250,000 to $1.5 million dollars. I'm taking that gamble. Conservatively let's say$300,000 each 600,000 dollars = 22,000,000 baht 

That's assuming you actually get to mine a Bitcoin. You are up against some very big mining farms. With hundreds of miners. It is the power of these miners which assure they can actually solve the calculations to mine BTC. Dare I say if you DCA'd into BTC with your 750,000 baht and then took that 7000 baht electric cost per month and bought what you could the price would average out over time. So when, say in the next two halving's and the value is $1,000,000.00 plus. That would be a greater return I thing. 

You should also take into consideration that after about 18 months or so BTC enters into a bear market. So in a couple years from now the price of a Bitcoin could be 40-50% or more lower than the ATH of this cycle. Assuming History repeats itself and so far with BTC, it has. 

Either way it's a gamble but with Dollar Cost Averaging you are accumulating BTC. There is no guarantee you will actually mine any BTC over a 4 year period. Also your S21s maybe enough for now. But as the tech is forever moving forward will they be enough for next year or the year after?  If it was so easy, everyone would be doing it!