Foreigners among World Central Kitchen staff killed in Israeli strike

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Maybe there's a misunderstanding, but this is the comment from Danny that's being referred to, which you say you liked: 

"Going by your twisted discriminatory logic, one might also wonder why 1% bearded big nose people with sideburns and stupid hats control 90% of the world's money and media."

I am sure that there is a misunderstanding.

quote ""Going by your twisted discriminatory logic, one might also wonder why 1% bearded big nose people with sideburns and stupid hats control 90% of the world's money and media."

I am sure that I am misunderstanding your twisted discriminatory logic when I ask what your words have to with the topic at hand?

Can you explain the connection between 7 foreigner's who were deliberately targeted and murdered by the IDF and your post?

Nobody else except you seems to have brought this up, and then you wonder why there are misunderstandings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

Hamas started the cr@p, you can make as many excuses as you like, it is fact.

Even the Israelis were in shock over it, as things were working quite well...🤔

Though Hamas started this particular phase the actual war and fighting over Israel and Palestine has been going on since the 1930's and probably longer than that. Certainly much longer than Hamas has been around.

Before Hamas was up and running there was Yasser Arafat who BTW was the President of Palestine from 1994 to 2004. He was also Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organisation from 1969 too 2004 and President of the Palestine National Authority from 1994 to 2004.

There is a lot of history about the region going back centuries if you want to take the time to look for it.

So, NO the conflict did NOT start on October 7th 2023 as many would wish to believe, Nor did it start in 1948 when the US declared that some of the land where Israel stands should be given to Israel.

Did you know that Irgun and the Stern Gang were proscribed  as terrorist organisations as was Likud, Netanyahu's political party before and after WW2?

• Love It 1

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Though Hamas started this particular phase the actual war and fighting over Israel and Palestine has been going on since the 1930's and probably longer than that. Certainly much longer than Hamas has been around.

Before Hamas was up and running there was Yasser Arafat who BTW was the President of Palestine from 1994 to 2004. He was also Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organisation from 1969 too 2004 and President of the Palestine National Authority from 1994 to 2004.

There is a lot of history about the region going back centuries if you want to take the time to look for it.

So, NO the conflict did NOT start on October 7th 2023 as many would wish to believe, Nor did it start in 1948 when the US declared that some of the land where Israel stands should be given to Israel.

Did you know that Irgun and the Stern Gang were proscribed  as terrorist organisations as was Likud, Netanyahu's political party before and after WW2?

This war, the 2 nd Yom Kippur war did start on Oct 7 th .

The 2 nd Yom Kippur wat began on Oct 7 th when Palestinians attacked Israel, killing over 1200 people .

The conflict between the two groups has been going on for much longer though 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You can play this game until time immemorial.

Did you know that Jews lived there BEFORE Mohammed was even a smile on his mother's face? That there is a reason why the Romans called the area "Judea"?.... and so on. But since the state of Israel did not exist before 1948, and the state of Palestine has never existed, perhaps 1948 is a good place to start.  One also wonders why the Palestinians were not granted their own states in the 1948-1967 period, when Israel did not control Gaza or the West Bank. Yet suddenly when the Arab League got spanked in the 1967 war, a movement to 'free' Palestine leapt into being.

What matters is the cause of the current situation. Which is the mass atrocity committed on October 7.  Yeah, there has been fighting going on for a while, in that you are right. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Judging by your first sentence, you clearly did not read my comment in full.

Your comment is therefore inane 

If you are referring to

"That is, with no reference to who the deceased are, what they were doing in the war zone, who they were representing or who killed them. No discrimination, no blame, no taking sides."

That makes no sense and I have no idea what that means, so I disregarded it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sirineou said:

This heat is getting to all of us, 

I was getting bored so I  went to the farm , about 5 min from our house to play around . It was so hot I thought I would have a heart attack , 

I paced it in and went back home. 

Got to be carefully in this heat. None of the people who have issues , think it would happen to them , until it does. 

Hope you have a fan going and keeping hydrated. 

At the moment I only do outside jobs until about 11 am. Now I am on my pc with 2 wall fans going flat out.

Inside the house it is 33.8 and in the shade outside it is 37,6 with a predicted 41C forecasted.

I drink around 4 litres of cold but not iced water a day mixed with Blue Boy Sala to give it some flavour, up about 1 litre a day from 2 weeks ago.

I even rum my bedroom a/c for an hour during my afternoon siesta and all night now. 

It must be really hot, as my wife sleeps with the a/c on at night and is waiting for her brother to come and fix the downstairs a/c so that shee can have a cool afternoon siesta as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you are referring to

"That is, with no reference to who the deceased are, what they were doing in the war zone, who they were representing or who killed them. No discrimination, no blame, no taking sides."

That makes no sense and I have no idea what that means, so I disregarded it.

You don't understand it because you cropped my comment.

Either that or you don't want to understand it or you struggle with reading and comprehension.

Probably the latter.

18 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

You don't understand it because you cropped my comment.

Either that or you don't want to understand it or you struggle with reading and comprehension.

Probably the latter.

OK, I'll play your game.

You said, in full, and I have no idea what you meant by your last paragraph. Perhaps you have a problem writing comprehensible text. You certainly have no problem personally insulting other posters.

"

On 4/8/2024 at 12:29 AM, youreavinalaff said:

No, I didn't. I'm not wrong. I stated a fact.

Let's see:

I invite anyone on this forum to hold their hands up and say "Wow. I'm shocked someone has died in a warzone".

That is, with no reference to who the deceased are, what they were doing in the war zone, who they were representing or who killed them. No discrimination, no blame, no taking sides.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

OK, I'll play your game.

You said, in full, and I have no idea what you meant by your last paragraph. Perhaps you have a problem writing comprehensible text. You certainly have no problem personally insulting other posters.

"

No, I didn't. I'm not wrong. I stated a fact.

Let's see:

I invite anyone on this forum to hold their hands up and say "Wow. I'm shocked someone has died in a warzone".

That is, with no reference to who the deceased are, what they were doing in the war zone, who they were representing or who killed them. No discrimination, no blame, no taking sides.

You are the only one. That speaks volumes.

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I still have no idea what you meant.

I haven't seen anyone come out in support of your post yet.

You haven't seen anyone in support of you either but that's nothing new.

You haven't stopped discriminating,  blaming and taking sides in this thread. That's why you appear to have selective reading and understanding syndrome.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

You haven't seen anyone in support of you either but that's nothing new.

You haven't stopped discriminating,  blaming and taking sides in this thread. That's why you appear to have selective reading and understanding syndrome.

and you seem unable to stop making abusive personal comments ( and if they become too abusive there is a very simple solution in the ignore function )

Have a nice day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and you seem unable to stop making abusive personal comments ( and if they become too abusive there is a very simple solution in the ignore function )

Have a nice day.

Not abusive at all. Just observations.

I really is not my problem if you have comprehension issues.

• Thumbs Up 1