Chon Buri to be featured in the Michelin Guide 2025

webfact

image.jpeg

The Michelin Guide Thailand is to feature Chon Buri in its 2025 edition, marking both its eighth year and the inclusion of Bangkok’s nearest seaside province.

This expansion widens the guide’s scope to encompass Thailand’s diverse culinary landscape, highlighting unique regional offerings alongside established destinations like Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket.

Chon Buri is the first province in the Eastern region to be featured in the upcoming guide, which started with Bangkok and its environs in 2018 before extending to Phuket and Phang-Nga (since 2019); Chiang Mai (since 2020); Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya (since 2022); Isan (since 2023); and Ko Samui and Surat Thani (since 2024).

The new addition comes as no surprise as Chon Buri has an outstanding character when it comes to food, culture, and landscape. Perhaps, many foodies and travelers familiar with the province would have expected Chon Buri to be included earlier.

Niche Seeprae, Deputy Governor for Marketing Communications of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), told reporters that the expansion to Chon Buri was solely the decision of The Michelin Guide. “I think Chon Buri has a strong identity as a new destination (in the guide),” he said.

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-04-04

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

• Like 1

That Michelin is an asian franchise, nothing to do with actual one. Pay $$$ and get listed, simple as that.

Or even better - print Michelin logo and stick it at your window as they do in many places around Bangkok

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have tried a few and they are a mixed bag, most are nothing special and those that are often struggle with the publicity.

Takohrai in Ayutthay is consistantly good, but avoid the crowd during holidays.

6 hours ago, Guderian said:

I wonder if Cheap Charlie's in Jomtien Soi 5 will be included? lol

Buy 6 breakfasts and get a free Michelin 'Wifebeater'.

images.jpg

Chonburi is more than just Pattaya ..... 

I'm Bangkok based, but some of my favourite restaurants and cafes are in Chonburi.

Ang Sila has great seafront seafood restaurants and the excellent Taab cafe in the mangroves.  Bangsaen has Scala diner - top chef, good live music, and BMC - best burgers in the area. 

Plus there's unique venues such as Thasai Skimboard Cafe which has seating in a river, and Hidden Lab coffee based in an unrestored old building.

But I suspect none of these popular places will be in the Michelin Guide, as they don't need to pay for publicity 

• Like 1