New 75" TCL TVs for 16,800bht ......... and everyone whines about inflation.

Just now, proton said:

Who watches tv these days?

Most folk do that, own one, otherwise, a waste of money, eh............😉

I wager your place has one, if you have a Thai lady, that is.................:guitar:

• Love It 1

On 4/4/2024 at 1:21 PM, JeffersLos said:

Why, you can gets the parts needed at the 20 baht shop. 

TCL is big brand, very big, I think they either No 1 or 2 worldwide in regards to number of TVs sold.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Perfect size of TV for a few of our friends on AseanNow who live in a single room for 5000Baht

75" isn't really portable, it'll be installed on a wall in one room and stay there.

Do you carry your tv from room to room?

Field of view is important for an immersive experience.

Biggest screen + closest seating = best viewing.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

White goods have steadily declined in cost, so people either get bigger for the same cost, or cheaper if they buy the same size as they did some years ago.

It's a different story with vehicles. My first brand new car was a 1974 Honda Civic. It cost me the equivalent of 75,000 baht back then.

1 hour ago, transam said:

TCL are a Thai Co.  

No they are not. Chinese, with HQ in Hong Kong and the Caymans. Manufactured in Schengdong province.

Possibly some manufacturing takes place here, same as a lot of cars etc.

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

75" isn't really portable, it'll be installed on a wall in one room and stay there.

Do you carry your tv from room to room?

Field of view is important for an immersive experience.

Biggest screen + closest seating = best viewing.

Sitting 2 metres away from a 75 incher, you would have to move your eyes/head from side to side to see the full screen. Not good in an action movie. 

• Haha 2

On 4/4/2024 at 1:22 PM, Photoguy21 said:

Chinese products all look good and in fairness some things are pretty good but not everything

Too late, you dug your hole! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Sitting 2 metres away from a 75 incher, you would have to move your eyes/head from side to side to see the full screen. Not good in an action movie. 

Not if you're cross-eyed. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Depending on what sort of 'action' movie you refer to. 

Otherwise it's very (POV) life like. 

• Love It 1

On 4/4/2024 at 1:22 PM, impulse said:

I'm looking at a 10+ year old TCL 40" model that hasn't given me a lick of trouble.  Bought it in Bangkok for work and brought it up here to China when I left Thailand.  It sat idle for 3 years during Covid and fired right up when I arrived.

Besides, I don't know if you can even find an affordable big screen that isn't made in China.  (Oops.  Just looked at the back of my 12+ year old 24" Toshiba and it was made in Indonesia.  My bad)

Yes possible but almost impossible to buy anything these days that has no Chinese made parts in it.

But what about Hz? Brightness, darkness, and other specs.  Im still 1080P  .   But i have the best plasma ever produced.   And pioneers last

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 6:49 AM, Will27 said:

If it lasts as long as the guarantee, it owes him nothing at that price.

BTW, I've had Samsung and Sony Tv's die after 3 years.

Agree and Samsung , well ?  Friend bought a Samsung TV 4 years ago and it developed a vertical line center screen , after 13 months . Warranty for 1 year only . Not repairable so it was scrapped . Found out the model was only sold in Thailand . So possibly inferior build . Me , Samsung 16000 btu inverter air conditioner 6 years old . The circuit control board kaput . Cannot repair . New board 5-6000 baht . Scrapped it and bought a new Aircon .  I have read that Samsungs inverter control boards are not the best . I now avoid all Samsung products 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, superal said:

Agree and Samsung , well ?  Friend bought a Samsung TV 4 years ago and it developed a vertical line center screen , after 13 months . Warranty for 1 year only . Not repairable so it was scrapped . Found out the model was only sold in Thailand . So possibly inferior build . Me , Samsung 16000 btu inverter air conditioner 6 years old . The circuit control board kaput . Cannot repair . New board 5-6000 baht . Scrapped it and bought a new Aircon .  I have read that Samsungs inverter control boards are not the best . I now avoid all Samsung products 

Same with my Samsung, 13 months and power supply blew 2kbht, 18 months later, power supply blew, not worth fixing, in the bin.

And my Samsung Air-con 5 years broke then binned.

And my Samsung fridge, 6 years and broke.

I also now avoid all Samsung products.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Same with my Samsung, 13 months and power supply blew 2kbht, 18 months later, power supply blew, not worth fixing, in the bin.

And my Samsung Air-con 5 years broke then binned.

And my Samsung fridge, 6 years and broke.

I also now avoid all Samsung products.

They were once a good reliable company but now ? 

On 4/4/2024 at 1:22 PM, Photoguy21 said:

Chinese products all look good and in fairness some things are pretty good but not everything

Must be irritating when you make a logical, factual statement based on personal experience and people jump all over you. The joys of the Internet.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 1:53 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

I remember super baby, it was opposite carousel. 

Yes, the girls were a little too young. 

How good are these AN threads, discussing Agogo bars on a TCL postings 😂

I don't agree they were too young. Looked average to me and certainly old enough. Perhaps it changed after my time.

It's the Pub subforum, where we go for entertainment, not fact based reporting. Only so much entertainment in tv's, though we might be able to make it about size matters.

On 4/4/2024 at 12:17 PM, BritManToo said:

So I was browsing the Lazada 4.4 sale and noticed this offer, 75 inch, 16k8.

Everyone keeps on going on about inflation, but last time I looked a 75 inch TV was around 35,000bht.

Obviously it might be junk but reviews are good, 3 year guarantee, Android Tv, free delivery.

Offer only on mobile app, still priced at 20k+ on website.

What could possibly go wrong?

Yeah... 'cos the price of a TV is the true measure of inflation...   no other metric needed, right ????  :whistling:

I do agree though, the price of TV's has reduced significantly...  but there are reasons for that which have nothing to do with inflation. 

20 years ago my 55" LED Sony Bravia cost about 100,000 baht (or something like that)...

15 Years ago.. at 65" LED Samsung was about 80,000 baht.

Recently at 65" 4K UDD QLED Samsung cost about 25,000 baht.

But, at the same time where were also top of the range 8K Neo QLED TV's which were about 180,000 baht. 

The older tech gets cheaper... the newer tech remains expensive....   

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/5/2024 at 4:42 PM, giddyup said:

People would soon stop buying them if they developed a reputation for bad quality.

No they wont as the adverts will push how wonderful they are and convince people they are getting a bargain. It is call advertising.

• Sad 4

On 4/5/2024 at 4:52 PM, roo860 said:

Too late, you dug your hole! 🤣🤣🤣

Believe what you want. But the facts will come out in time. You really believe you get a top quality TV for a third of the price of other manufacturers? Keep dreaming.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

Must be irritating when you make a logical, factual statement based on personal experience and people jump all over you. The joys of the Internet.

Doesn't bother me. People can think and buy what they want. It is when they start complaining later when things go wrong that I find irritating.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3