Met facing calls to cancel notorious pro-Iran Islamist Quds Days rally in London

Social Media

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ah yes Al Quds Day march inspired by the government of Iran, with all the extremism and antisemitism that entails.

From the OP

"Politicians from both sides of the house said that Police Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley should crack down on the “Iran-inspired” event, scheduled for next Friday. In previous years, it has seen demands for Israel’s destruction and open support for terror groups supported by the Islamic Republic.

Lord Walney, the government’s independent adviser on political violence and disruption, said that allowing the “notorious anti-Israel jamboree” to go ahead would risk “serious disorder and antisemitic hatred” after October 7."

Or perhaps one of the speakers from last year "Church of England vicar Stephen Sizer, who has previously admitted sharing a post online that suggested Israel was behind 9/11"

Perhaps journalists in the article felt the above was enough for most people without the need to contact directly  the Islamic Human Rights Commission a group that Jeremy Corbyn claimed “represents all that’s best in Islam” is permeated “at every level” by “extremism, support for overseas terror groups and extreme anti-Semitism” and should be probed by counter-terror police, according to a think tank report. 

Just a thought. 

Yes I did read the article, which prompted my initial comment that the article only presented one side of the argument.

You may not like what the other side has to say, but responsible journalism should present all perspectives. This just reads like an editorial. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Yes I did read the article, which prompted my initial comment that the article only presented one side of the argument.

You may not like what the other side has to say, but responsible journalism should present all perspectives. This just reads like an editorial. 

There are dozens of articles on this rally in mainstream media in the UK can you find one with an argument on the side of Islamic Human Rights Commission? 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There are dozens of articles on this rally in mainstream media in the UK can you find one with an argument on the side of Islamic Human Rights Commission? 

I think you miss the point entirely. It's not about justifying their intent, it's about presenting facts to the public.

If you are not interested in details but prefer to live within the narrative provided by the polemicals which reflect your own views then you will only get a very one sided perspective. Oh, who would have guessed it...

Just now, RuamRudy said:

I think you miss the point entirely. It's not about justifying their intent, it's about presenting facts to the public.

If you are not interested in details but prefer to live within the narrative provided by the polemicals which reflect your own views then you will only get a very one sided perspective. Oh, who would have guessed it...

No I missed nothing and  apparently they did not want much publicity at the rally why else try to tell TV crew to go?

Speaking to police officers about photographers on the scene, the deputy chief steward of the "Quds Day" hate march underway in London hisses "we don't want them!". 

These racist thugs think they own London. They should be firmly disabused of that notion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Police search car at the start of the Al Quds march and find pictures of Hitler? 

I'm no fan of the Iranian sympathizers, but why seize photos of Adolf? They are just pictures after all. Better to let the demonstrators wave them around and show what tools they are, so the public can see who they are really dealing with. 

I worry about the state of personal freedoms back in the mother country these days. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I'm no fan of the Iranian sympathizers, but why seize photos of Adolf? They are just pictures after all. Better to let the demonstrators wave them around and show what tools they are, so the public can see who they are really dealing with. 

I worry about the state of personal freedoms back in the mother country these days. 

Because Adolf murdered 6,000,000 men, women and children Jews.......:coffee1:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Enoch’s dog whistle to racists has its fans.

We know you are a protector of immigrants, welcoming the rubber boats, etc, now look what you have on British streets, non-British flavoured protestors, over a non-British problem..........:coffee1:

Enoch was right, look at the British streets.........🤗

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

We know you are a protector of immigrants, welcoming the rubber boats, etc, now look what you have on British streets, non-British flavoured protestors, over a non-British problem..........:coffee1:

Enoch was right, look at the British streets.........🤗

When was the last time that  you saw a British street ?

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Telling a joke or telling a lie ?

Matey, if you've got something to say, just say it, I am fed up with you telling lies about me, and making up stories.

Now just say what you want to say...........:ermm:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Telling a joke or telling a lie ?

I didn’t think it was a lie.

The evidence of its veracity can be found in last night’s TV schedule, or perhaps in some social media feed.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, transam said:

Matey, if you've got something to say, just say it, I am fed up with you telling lies about me, and making up stories.

Now just say what you want to say...........:ermm:

Was you in London last night ?

You have previously claimed that you were in London when you wasn't , and then just said you were joking when found out that you wasn't there .

I did ask you a question, a question isn't "making up a story" or "telling lies" , those are both false allegations against me 

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Was you in London last night ?

You have previously claimed that you were in London when you wasn't , and then just said you were joking when found out that you wasn't there .

I did ask you a question, a question isn't "making up a story" or "telling lies" , those are both false allegations against me 

You're an idiot, whether my feet are on the ground or I am looking via tech on the ground in the UK has fruck all to do with you.

And yes, you are also a liar, made up storyteller..............🤥.

Now, butt out............:ermm:

8 minutes ago, transam said:

You're an idiot, whether my feet are on the ground or I am looking via tech on the ground in the UK has fruck all to do with you.

And yes, you are also a liar, made up storyteller..............🤥.

Now, butt out............:ermm:

So you trust the people choosing the images you view via TV/online to present images that are exactly what the purport to be?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/bungling-tories-forced-delete-campaign-32439129.amp

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No , you are the liar .

If you want to prove that you are not, then back up your claim and state ONE lie that I have told about you ?

As you will not be able to do that , then its you who is the liar and making false accusations .

OK, so you wasn't in London, but you saw London on a short clip on the news video last night, OK, we got that bit sorted out .

You are a liar, a storyteller, and you know it, on a subject I will not bring up on here.

But here's a hint, I banned folk........😂

Now go away, you got the message, good........🤗

• Haha 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

So you trust the people choosing the images you view via TV/online to present images that are exactly what the purport to be?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/bungling-tories-forced-delete-campaign-32439129.amp

You don't watch videos, you told us so, so don't go down that route.

Your plan is to turn any thread into an anti-Tory thread, it's what you do.....🤗

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

You are a liar, a storyteller, and you know it, on a subject I will not bring up on here.

But here's a hint, I banned folk........😂

Now go away, you got the message, good........🤗

You did publicly state that you were a Mod there and you changed your profile which stated that .

I didn't say that you banned folk, I said that many people left the forum when you became a Mod, and that is true .

So, no, I am not a liar or a story teller, those are false allegations from you .

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

In their aim to be all encompassing and allowing freedom of speech the British Authorities are allowing the UK to be turned into a battle ground....

... Free speech comes with responsibility and should be presented with restraint, those with the loudest voices show little of either. 

This is the UAE Foreign Minster predicting all thats happening... (particularly the 2017 Riots in France).... 

There's a perfectly good reason all the 'Arabs' are not claiming asylum on the developed Middle East Countries....  its because 'other' Arabs know what they are like, and these 'potential Immigrants' know their behavior will not be tolerated. 

There is no free speech in the UAE.

There are plenty of Arab refugees in the UAE.

I was living and working in the UAE at the time when the UAE was welcoming Syrian refugees, they gathered up as many doctors, dentists, engineers, teachers as they could encourage to seek asylum in the UAE.

While at the same time the rightwing in the UK and Europe were rabble rousing against Syrian refugees.

Smart move by UAE, dumb move by the British/European rightwing.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You did publicly state that you were a Mod there and you changed your profile which stated that .

I didn't say that you banned folk, I said that many people left the forum when you became a Mod, and that is true .

So, no, I am not a liar or a story teller, those are false allegations from you .

Go away, you are a lying storyteller, go report me for you bringing up cr@p to score some sort of brownie points......

Have you ever been banned from here....?  Eh, have you, was it for lying...😂

31 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not at all.

I’ve simply provided an example of why people who rely on tv/internet video streams to get their view of ‘London Streets’ ought to be a little careful in claiming that what they’ve seen is what they think they’ve seen.

They should certainly be a little circumspect when calling others idiots.

Now come on, that is pretty weak, even for you.........😂

You carry on getting your info from the Guardian, it ticks all your boxes........😆

I am not familiar with this protest so I have a candid question: who are the protesters, considering it is inspired by Iran?

I mean, there mustn't be  many pro-Iran people in UK, as most Iranian immigrants likely flew the Iranian regime, same for the people fleeing the Shia regime in Syria. Or do people from different origin just unite for the Palestinian cause?

3 hours ago, transam said:

Because Adolf murdered 6,000,000 men, women and children Jews.......:coffee1:

Yes, he did. And?

Makes the idiots who carry the pictures look that much worse.

Nobody has to be afraid of the picture of a dead ar5ehole.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Yes, he did. And?

Makes the idiots who carry the pictures look that much worse.

Nobody has to be afraid of the picture of a dead ar5ehole.

Any terrorist/murdering paraphernalia has no place on British streets, by British or foreign folk, you think they look like idiots, but their followers don't.....😤 

4 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

I think what is wrong with that statement Hanaguma is, could a paedophile use the same logic when found in possession of snaps of young children, "they are just pictures after all". It is better we don't allow these creatures the attention they seem to crave.

But Hitler wasn't all bad, he did get the trains to run on time. 😉

• Confused 1