A Recommended Visa Agent

I am hoping to move to The Philippines in July and would be grateful for a reliable and trusted Visa Agent.

Additionally, if I move to there, do I have to pay Tax on my pensions, which are already taxed at 40%

Many thanks.

Unless you are asking to get a retirement visa (some good deals on such for special groups) there is no need for any visa agent.  You can stay for 3 years just extending original entry before you have to leave for 24 hours and start again.  Nobody is going to tax anything - but until you get ID card will have to use bank ATM or money transfer service for funds (first few months) as card required to open bank account.

In any case your location will be a major factor on any recommendations.

10 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Unless you are asking to get a retirement visa (some good deals on such for special groups) there is no need for any visa agent.  You can stay for 3 years just extending original entry before you have to leave for 24 hours and start again.  Nobody is going to tax anything - but until you get ID card will have to use bank ATM or money transfer service for funds (first few months) as card required to open bank account.

In any case your location will be a major factor on any recommendations.

Does this also apply to Thai nationals moving there? The unlimited extensions to 3 years? Could be a very interesting alternative destination for people who are now here and tired of the visa hassles. Even if it would be only for up to 1 year at the time, or even 6 months, that would be plenty.

Starts to ring a bell now why I hear more and more young long-stayers and digital nomads, to have chosen that country as their main base.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

It is a month or two at first and 3 or 6 months at a time I believe - up to a total of 3 years.  Believe it for any tourist visa entry but have not checked if for Thai.  You or agent will have to visit immigration each time but simple fill out form/pay and go.  So if on island without immigration perhaps agent would be useful.

On 4/6/2024 at 12:20 PM, Southsealad said:

I am hoping to move to The Philippines in July and would be grateful for a reliable and trusted Visa Agent.

Additionally, if I move to there, do I have to pay Tax on my pensions, which are already taxed at 40%

Good thing is, once you are in the Phillipines you could probably save the 40% tax on your pension. Either you receive the pension automatically tax free or you would have to register for taxes in the Phillipines but then you would have to pay 0%. This would potentially also work with countries like Germany which taxes pension on the source because of the Double Taxation Agreement between Germany and the Phillipines. You would have to check how it works with your country.

Edited by AreYouGerman

21 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Starts to ring a bell now why I hear more and more young long-stayers and digital nomads, to have chosen that country as their main base.

Yep. I had to choose between Thailand and the Philippines and Thailand has no real visa option for under 50 yo's and it taxes my income (wtf) and the Phillipines has territorial tax regime which means I don't pay taxes anymore! It was so easy to choose Phillipines and will make the move soon!

21 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

It is a month or two at first and 3 or 6 months at a time I believe - up to a total of 3 years.  Believe it for any tourist visa entry but have not checked if for Thai.  You or agent will have to visit immigration each time but simple fill out form/pay and go.  So if on island without immigration perhaps agent would be useful.

Word is, people only receive 2 months extensions now instead of 3 or 6.

14 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

Word is, people only receive 2 months extensions now instead of 3 or 6.

Believe starts that way and some prefer to do it that way but believe some still get longer time if they request.  At any rate still seems to be a simple procedure.

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe starts that way and some prefer to do it that way but believe some still get longer time if they request.  At any rate still seems to be a simple procedure.

No, yeah. Exactly, word is, even the 2nd and 3rd extensions are now only 2 month.

2 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

Yep. I had to choose between Thailand and the Philippines and Thailand has no real visa option for under 50 yo's and it taxes my income (wtf) and the Phillipines has territorial tax regime which means I don't pay taxes anymore! It was so easy to choose Phillipines and will make the move soon!

So I assume Thais can also just do the similar extensions of 2 months etc after having arrived on their 30 day on arrival there? That would be great, just to try out for a few months even.

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

So I assume Thais can also just do the similar extensions of 2 months etc after having arrived on their 30 day on arrival there? That would be great, just to try out for a few months even.

I don't know but probably yes. You will have to check the requirements for Thai nationals.