When is the actual first day of street water throwing in Pattaya? (Bar streets)

JoseThailand

14 hours ago, roo860 said:

I believe Sharples Fish and Chips in Pattaya had to close yesterday because no water? Anyone confirm this?

They should turn the water off in more places in Pattaya! I expect there will be low pressure for the next week as people fill up the big blue buckets.

16 hours ago, BigStar said:

But for more than a decade now it has started on the 11th. This year stayed true to tradition.

Quite obvious the second sentence was outside your comprehension.

"However with the increase in foreigners it is almost certain there will be some starting on the 11th."

"True to tradition" would mean starting on the the 13th, but Thai tradition means nothing to foreigners who seem to think they can change things to suit themselves.

• Confused 2

56 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They should turn the water off in more places in Pattaya! I expect there will be low pressure for the next week as people fill up the big blue buckets.

Years ago the water in Pattaya was often turned off this time of year. Toilets were closed or became unusable, those with their own water were in high demand.

The Golden Crab in Soi 13 was owned by an English guy and when he built the new block around 2003 he put a large underground tank under the building so there would always be a reserve.

In those days we would go from late Nov till April, sometimes as late as June, without any rain. In the last 5/6 years we have had some rain in the early months and this year more than I have known.

Bob Dylan got it right.

On 4/7/2024 at 9:41 PM, topt said:

You may be unlucky and some may start Friday 12th but as @dddave said more likely to be Saturday 13th - all it takes is one though to be caught out. 

The only certain thing is that it will finish late on the 19th in Pattaya.

We were all unlucky and it started Thursday 11th

• Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Quite obvious the second sentence was outside your comprehension.

"However with the increase in foreigners it is almost certain there will be some starting on the 11th."

No, it's merely outside your comprehension that for more than 10 years it has already been certain that some will be starting on the 11th, regardless of any recent "increase in foreigners." Perhaps the "increase" isn't as recent as you think it is, Rip Van Winkle.

53 minutes ago, sandyf said:

"True to tradition" would mean starting on the the 13th, but Thai tradition means nothing to foreigners who seem to think they can change things to suit themselves.

The tradition of starting on the 11th in bar areas for more than 10 years now hasn't been consistent with the dates of officially announced for the Thai tradition that began long before the establishment of Pattaya beer bars. If fact that's always been a sore point with expat residents who don't like Pattaya's extended period of water throwing. 

I guess your problem is that you can't comprehend that multiple traditions can exist as new ones begin.

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Buakhao today i passed a couple bars which have kicked off with the water fights. Looks like tomorrow it kicks off proper, but I'll be avoiding later also

No please DON'T avoid it 

"Avoidance "is a Psychological term 

What you can do to get used to it ...is start off slowly, go for say an hour ...then go home ..then go back etc.

Please don't "avoid"  things in life , challenge yourself!!!

Edited by georgegeorgia

I'm in Jomtien, on Soi 7. Jomtienthip Condotel. Do you think it's possible to cross 2nd Rd. to eat at Kiss Foods without getting ambushed? Yes, I know....we should just shut up and enjoy but.....whattaya think guys? Kiss Foods a pretty safe bet?

• Haha 1