When is the actual first day of street water throwing in Pattaya? (Bar streets)

JoseThailand

When do they start throwing water at passersby in bar streets like Soi Buakhao? I need to gear up haha

I know there are official Songkran dates, but in bar areas they have their own rules, so first hand info from bar girls would be appreciated

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, dddave said:

Officially. Pattaya's Songkran festivities do not start until the day after Bangkok and the rest of the country conclude but we all know how that's going to go. 

Saturday April 13..for both places. Really confusing when it will end as various government agencies have announced an "extended" Songkran but I have yet to see any official dates published in the Royal Gazette...The final authority

I'm not talking about official celebrations. In bar streets they start throwing water at passersby according to their own schedule and it lasts the whole week! It's always been like this, not just this year. I just don't know the actual date when they start this week-long madness.

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, topt said:

You may be unlucky and some may start Friday 12th but as @dddave said more likely to be Saturday 13th - all it takes is one though to be caught out. 

The only certain thing is that it will finish late on the 19th in Pattaya.

Don't worry, I already prepared a long rain coat and high rubber boots

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoseThailand said:

I'm not talking about official celebrations. In bar streets they start throwing water at passersby according to their own schedule and it lasts the whole week! It's always been like this, not just this year. I just don't know the actual date when they start this week-long madness.

In Pattaya it has always started in the bar areas on the afternoon of the 11th. We'll see if the tradition holds this year.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think it's Fabolous

We need to get out there and enjoy life.

Having said that I remember back in 2018 joyfully standing outside a bar in Jomtien beach throwing water at passersby .

I had a drunken happy young Irish guy next to me who accidentally threw water on 2 motorcycle taxi drivers who came back to fight him.

But other that ,I love it , enjoy life ,embrace it , welcome it, and most of all have safe happy smiling fun 😊

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Reliably informed by a massage lady yesterday start 13th, last day 19th

Those are the official dates. It always starts a day or two earlier in Pattaya.

• Thumbs Up 2

There was a throttler on Soi 7 throwing water Saturday night. Needless to say he was going to get flogged if he doused me and my mates. Way too early.

46 minutes ago, Gas666 said:

There was a throttler on Soi 7 throwing water Saturday night. Needless to say he was going to get flogged if he doused me and my mates. Way too early.

Love the expression me and me mates 😂

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Henryford said:

Those are the official dates. It always starts a day or two earlier in Pattaya.

You can bet that Friday the 12th will be wet.

All in "holiday mood" already.

A bar manager in Soi 7 threatens with the 11th.

Remember: the 12th has been declared an extra public holiday.

So expect absolute traffic gridlock to start on late April 11th with the influx from Bangkok.

I don't know how you can create more than the existing daily traffic chaos but there must be a way. :biggrin:

Came back from 10 days in Pattaya on March 27th.
Had my car on the hotel parking untouched until departure.

Edited by KhunBENQ

17 hours ago, dddave said:

Really confusing when it will end as various government agencies have announced an "extended" Songkran but I have yet to see any official dates published in the Royal Gazette...The final authority

Forget it. It's a PR stunt by tourism organization.

Nothing offical/governmental.

Claiming Songkran national/world cultural heritage bla bla.

There might be local events or whatever.

But even Thailand can not afford to go on national holiday for three weeks.

I read here some days ago that a lone Chinese got the wrong message and stood with his water cannon waiting for the party to start :cheesy:

Just now, jesimps said:

How is it possible to stand amongst a crowd of people all doing the same thing (throwing water), from early morning until evening, without getting bored? Then rinse and repeat the following year, and the year after etc? I was bored ....less after an hour during my first and only Songkran appearance and have stayed at home for the last sixteen.  

Same here, first time 10 years ago, 2 hours was enough never crossed the door since for Songkran, let the Thais enjoy it. Strange you see older foreigners getting involved but never the older Thai people ?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BigStar said:

image.png.e3ac59a0b5b78c5a8d2c9c88635fd089.png

Farang out there enjoying the time of his life. It's everything he dreamed, legal bullying and causing possible injury with no repercussions. Hee. 

image.png.8e492aebe6371c789316d9b60b976b1d.png

Watch me crash her motorbike! Stupid Thai. Hee hee! Let's git dat b*tch!

BONUS: you may enjoy the impressive moobs on display:

image.png.52b0566651885fd6cfeaab2f28359dfc.png

But besides the fun and the fabulous moobs show, you get to mix & mingle with the Western  intelligentsia of high net worth--people like yourself whom you'd like to meet. Network, man.

image.png.ae4fe81f29bb27f90524fd5df3c9dac4.png

Moobs? If it's a Brit the correct wording is "chippy t*ts". Please note for future reference.

NB: As a previous owner I know what I am talking about. Gone now, thankfully.

Edited by champers

34 minutes ago, champers said:

Moobs? If it's a Brit the correct wording is "chippy t*ts". Please note for future reference.

NB: As a previous owner I know what I am talking about. Gone now, thankfully.

Correct. That kills me. Shockingly, now, much of the world may not know the definition of the word chippy. Seems outdated, as most of today's moobs owners surely acquired them otherwise than by eating chippys. However, Brits here unfamiliar with the more recent term are no doubt characteristically grateful for your explanation. 

I believe the portmanteau m[an b]oobs is probably more widely known internationally. Mind you, it also originated in the UK and has attained proper respectability with its acceptance into the OED. 

Congrats on your own achievement, however. Life must be better without carrying moobs around. 🙂 

Edited by BigStar
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Remember: the 12th has been declared an extra public holiday.

If so why hasn't the AN holiday calendar been updated.......it has been added on the link shown but not there @george ?

2 hours ago, champers said:

A popular Soi 7 bar owner/vlogger says the 11th. Looking to finish at 6pm every day so the bars can actually make some money selling booze, etc.

Interior part of PattYa , Probably 

2 hours ago, champers said:

A popular Soi 7 bar owner/vlogger says the 11th. Looking to finish at 6pm every day so the bars can actually make some money selling booze, etc.

Never seen stop at 6 lol 

• Agree 1