Western Engineer Assaults Pattaya Bar Women In Row Over Bill

webfact

46 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What would be the point for another speculation? We have more than enough of them already.

Sometimes it makes sense to realize "I don't know what happened" and not pretend to know.

I would love to read follow up articles to all those articles which describe a minute or two of an event and let us all speculate about what really happened. Or how about writing articles only with sufficient information? 

If you want to ignore me, please go ahead. 

it is called discussion and could be based on experience, sitting on the sidelines and being a smart### contributes nothing

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

it is called discussion and could be based on experience, sitting on the sidelines and being a smart### contributes nothing

And having wild speculations without any supporting facts, what is that called?

2 hours ago, smedly said:

i've seen this happen many times were wives/girlfriends of farangs buy lady drinks - it's a status thing

But would they not own up to what they did and let the guy blow-up instead?  Surely this reflects very badly on the girl and her status?

Anchisa said the foreigner’s Thai wife had told her that when her husband was heavily drunk after consuming more than six bottles of beer he did not listen to anyone.

Having taken the oath in 1988 and attended literally thousands of those meetings and heard the stories of many thousands of wet and dry drunks, I'm inclined to suspect it had more to do with the effects of alcohol than whether the guy was a German, an engineer, or in a bar in Pattaya.  Just the nature of the beast. 

Sad situation, but maybe this'll be the bottom that sends him to get help.  Unfortunately, the odds aren't great.  Especially where boozing it up is part of the (expat) culture.

Edited by impulse

14 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Why does it matter if he is an engineer? Would it be different if he was a salesman? A pilot? An office clerk?

Being an engineer myself it is easy to spot what is wrong with him if he is as described an engineer.......

He has a large Whitworth bolt through his neck to a Metric nut.

They must have been big bottles of beer. A German who's "heavily drunk" after only a six pack is as hard to imagine as an Irishman falling off his bar stool after 2 shots and a pint. :whistling:

15 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Why does it matter if he is an engineer? Would it be different if he was a salesman? A pilot? An office clerk?

Guess in which culture, social status is so important. Asean now needs to pay their staff 

15 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Guess in which culture, social status is so important. Asean now needs to pay their staff 

13 hours ago, DjSilver said:

She deserved it trying to scam a foreigner in Thailand. She should have gotten more than this. She got off too easy.

More foreigners needs to stand up against these low life scammers...

I hope you're joking...

Odds are greatly in favor of the girls attacking him first for not paying the bill and him defending himself.  Seen this countless times in Thailand.  Many nice bar girls but ignoring that many are desperate and can be hostile isn't reality.  That is how many handle confrontations and also bar owners support this behavior in many cases.

I've never had a physical confrontation because in the end the 400 baht or a 3k bill isn't worth it.  His breaking point of a few hundred baht seems low.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dirtybirty said:

Bull<deleted> ex military background ( commissioned officer) 

Funny, you sound like a common cannon fodder ranker, Corporal.

Then again, the standards for a UK officer commission are widely known to be fairly...."achievable" for pretty much anyone these days given the ridiculous never ending chances that total substandard candidates are given. Which defeats the purpose of the whole system. 

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, rexpotter said:

These sleezy bars do this all the time. Its a regular occurrence. I'm sure it has happened to many who read this. I was with my Thai GF in Nana, paid the bill and was way out on the main street and three guys surrounded me and wanted the same money again. The waitress had stolen it. I paid again.

Wow... not thought about that possibility.....name and shame!

10 hours ago, atpeace said:

Odds are greatly in favor of the girls attacking him first for not paying the bill and him defending himself.  Seen this countless times in Thailand.  Many nice bar girls but ignoring that many are desperate and can be hostile isn't reality.  That is how many handle confrontations and also bar owners support this behavior in many cases.

I've never had a physical confrontation because in the end the 400 baht or a 3k bill isn't worth it.  His breaking point of a few hundred baht seems low.

so these gals who attacked him submitted survelance tapes to the cops which would prove they attacked him?  got it.

TWO WOMEN working at a beer bar filed a complaint against a Western engineer at Pattaya City police station this afternoon (Apr. 7) for beating them up in a row over a bill and submitted a surveillance camera clip to support their accusation, 

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Excogitator said:

You know what I'm gonna say next don't you? There is a plethora of areas and places outside of the seedy Nana-district, catering to all kinds of tastes and wallets, where you will never have any problems like that. Why not go there? And especially when bringing your gf/wife..The same goes for places like Phuket and Pattaya. Just don't go there...

She wanted to go. I did not, but she insisted as she had never seen it before. OK, let's go.

2 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

She wanted to go. I did not, but she insisted as she had never seen it before. OK, let's go.

Most decent Thai ladies have never been to those places. Often you see very innocent couples from all over the world going in for the same reason, curiosity.

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

so these gals who attacked him submitted survelance tapes to the cops which would prove they attacked him?  got it.

TWO WOMEN working at a beer bar filed a complaint against a Western engineer at Pattaya City police station this afternoon (Apr. 7) for beating them up in a row over a bill and submitted a surveillance camera clip to support their accusation, 

I think you can figure that out.  Camera clip is the first hint. 

I rarely get too worked up in public and definitely refrain from bashing someone's character without knowing really what transpired.  That's how I roll and I don't need to bring someone else down to feel important.  The bar girls could have politely asked him to pay and he lashed out or the girls got aggressive, as I have seen many times, and this is a clip of what happened after that aggression.   Got it - 🙂

Edited by atpeace
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Could be where he met his "wife". All foreigners like to pretend that their wives were working "in a bank" or "at the DLT" or "at a high end car dealership" when they met them but the truth is, a lot of them met them at the first (or 2nd) beer bar they ever went in to.

Maybe that is how you met your Thai wife, and that's fine, but I met my Thai wife back in the 80's when she was a graduate student in my home country.  I had never been to Thailand until after we married.  

Edited by Hanuman2547
  • Haha 1

It seems not many people on here have seen the video but from what i saw the girls attacked him and he defended himself. I'm not justifying it,  As  personally I would have just walked away but the 2 girls aren't totally innocent.  

• Agree 2