Western Engineer Assaults Pattaya Bar Women In Row Over Bill

webfact

On 4/8/2024 at 5:50 AM, frankie machine said:

They must not have bouncers in that bar, else he would have been beaten into a coma. 

Any bar in South East Asia that has visible 'bouncers', I avoid like the plague.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/8/2024 at 6:24 AM, pomchop said:

it also does not seem credible that thai staff would try and scam him with his thai wife there to argue his case...seems most thai gals who pay the bills for farangs go over the bills in detail and quickly call out any overcharge.

On the contrary, I think it is likely they collaborated and he noticed. 

He's a foreigner, they are Thai and that blood is thicker than water.

• Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

They insisted on taking legal action against the foreigner to the fullest extent possible.

What happened with the Buddhist rule that no one should wish harm to another living being?
Wishing harm to another will come back in 10-fold trough bad Karma.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You really are small minded!!

My Thai partner has, on several occasions, taken my side in any disagreement with staff; she usually scrutinises any large bill in a bar or restaurant to make sure it is right and we (yes, WE) are not being overcharged.  Some of us have proper relationships

PH

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yes I have to agree, Blood is thicker than even dirty water and in some cases Thai's will protect Thais even when they know what they are doing is wrong!

Edited by paul1804
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

You really are small minded!!

My Thai partner has, on several occasions, taken my side in any disagreement with staff; she usually scrutinises any large bill in a bar or restaurant to make sure it is right and we (yes, WE) are not being overcharged.  Some of us have proper relationships

PH

You take her to beer bars, and you have a 'proper relationship'.

OK then. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The bill was 'around 1000 baht', his wife says he 'gets enraged' after six beers, we can assume that she had a drink or three too, so 1,000 baht seems to be reasonable. So your speculation doesn't really hold water, does it.

Not saying that is what happened, only pointing out the possibility that many Thais will side with other Thais whatever the circumstances. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You take her to beer bars, and you have a 'proper relationship'.

OK then. 

You go to bars where they do not charge?   Not all bars are low level pick up joints.  Pretty much all bars I have been to run a tab that you pay at the end - not aware of ANY in Thailand where you pay by the order.  Please provide an example of one that does to update my education.

PH

Edited by Phulublub

On 4/8/2024 at 6:34 AM, wavodavo said:

Its not rocket science..when drinking in a bar all you have to do is check each chit as it goes in the cup to make sure it is correct and as you go keep a mental note of how many you have and particularly after you buy a lady drink.this will keep them honest and save arguments later.

For 30 US dollars he acted that way? -he needs an attitude adjustment. 

• Agree 1

On 4/8/2024 at 6:34 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

And you can see all that in the article above? Amazing.

I thought one of the ladies gave him a BJ under the table and she added that to the bill. But I admit I might be wrong.

then he was UNDERcharged 

30 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

Most engineers are fussy, nitpicking, cold, precise and semi-autistic.

The last bit I would say could apply to yourself. I have never met or worked with a real engineer who was semi-autistic. Maybe you got your words mixed up so I will assume that.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The bill was 'around 1000 baht', his wife says he 'gets enraged' after six beers, we can assume that she had a drink or three too, so 1,000 baht seems to be reasonable. So your speculation doesn't really hold water, does it.

He might have had 3 beers in another bar and 3 beers there, who knows. 

But in any case a bloke who gets violent towards women after drinking shouldn't be drinking at all. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, paulikens said:

It seems not many people on here have seen the video but from what i saw the girls attacked him and he defended himself. I'm not justifying it,  As  personally I would have just walked away but the 2 girls aren't totally innocent.  

The FB video in this thread doesn't show the girls attacking him first. It shows him massively over reacting and attacking them.

Looks like the engineer definitely has a screw loose. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The wife even informed the victims that it was normal for her husband to become enraged after drinking more than six bottles of beer

Crikey, if I was the wife I'd be going home after the 5th bottle of beer. 

How good was that brawl, it rolled out onto the footpath. Imagine its your first day in Pattaya seeing that, it would scar you for life. 

Anyone looking for an Engineering job Laem Chabang, I doubt the German will be going back 😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

7 hours ago, cdemundo said:

This kind of cheap Charlie could make everybody happier by buying his beer at 7-11 and drinking it sitting on the curb.

Perhaps you did not notice in the video. But Why is this man being persecuted? The Thai bar girl punched his chest prior to his outburst. They were ganging up on him and physically assaulting him first. The man clearly used self defense. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

The more stories I read it seems that foreigners are getting tired of the double standards/overcharging of foreigners.... In fact they are right, but Thais will always talk and do in favor of Thais...sadly enough

• Confused 2

On 4/8/2024 at 3:15 AM, eisfeld said:

Why does it matter if he is an engineer? Would it be different if he was a salesman? A pilot? An office clerk?

I think so.  The salesman would beat them with a better price, the pilot wouldn't be so flighty, and the office clerk would probably just file it all away under "lessons learned."  

• Haha 1