Israeli nurse abducted on October 7 kidnapped by Palestinian CIVILIANS then sold to Hamas

image.png

Israeli Nurse Shares Harrowing Tale of Abduction by Palestinian Civilians

Nili Margalit, a 42-year-old Israeli nurse, has recently recounted her terrifying experience of being abducted by Palestinian civilians during the conflict between Israel and Hamas. Margalit was taken from her home in kibbutz Nir Oz during the onslaught by Hamas militants, which resulted in widespread violence and the abduction of numerous hostages, both Israeli and foreign.

image.png

In her harrowing account, Margalit describes how armed individuals raided her home, causing destruction and chaos before apprehending her. She was then transported to Gaza, where she was sold to Hamas by the civilians who had kidnapped her. Throughout her ordeal, Margalit witnessed the suffering of other hostages, including elderly individuals and children who had also been taken captive.

Once in Gaza, Margalit found herself in a cramped room with dozens of other hostages from her kibbutz. Despite the dire conditions, she used her nursing skills to provide medical assistance to those in need, often negotiating with her captors to secure essential supplies.

Margalit's time in captivity was marked by uncertainty and fear, as she and her fellow hostages remained isolated from the outside world. They had no knowledge of the extent of the conflict or the efforts being made to secure their release.

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres Meets With Released Hostages - I24NEWS

After enduring weeks of captivity, Margalit was finally released during a brief truce between Israel and Hamas. However, the relief of her freedom was overshadowed by the news of her father's death during the attack on their home.

Margalit's story sheds light on the human cost of conflict in the region and underscores the importance of efforts to secure the release of hostages and bring an end to the violence. As Israel continues to navigate the complexities of the situation, it is essential to prioritize the safety and well-being of all those affected by the conflict.

Source

image.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Any other questions about the hate and terror coming from Muslims... it's in the DNA

Kidnapping for ransom, abuse of the detained etc is not the sole domain of Muslims. Unfortunately occurs around the world including Mafia organisations, next door in Myanmar by the so called 'Buddhist' military etc. e.g.

https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/burma/myanmar-military-kidnapping-civilians-for-ransom-in-rakhine.html

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, simple1 said:

Kidnapping for ransom, abuse of the detained etc is not the sole domain of Muslims. Unfortunately occurs around the world including Mafia organisations, next door in Myanmar by the so called 'Buddhist' military etc. e.g.

https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/burma/myanmar-military-kidnapping-civilians-for-ransom-in-rakhine.html

And that changes the hamas and muslim story how???

• Confused 1

I find it unbelievable that people on here don't think that the barbarism that occurred on the 7th Oct was done on a whim and that Israel had given the Palestinian people no reasons for them to hate and despise them.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jeff the Chef said:

I find it unbelievable that people on here don't think that the barbarism that occurred on the 7th Oct was done on a whim and that Israel had given the Palestinian people no reasons for them to hate and despise them.

What's that got to do with the topic of this hostage who was taken on the 7th Oct, informing the world that she was taken by civilians from Gaza and then sold to Hamas?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

What's that got to do with the topic of this hostage who was taken on the 7th Oct, informing the world that she was taken by civilians from Gaza and then sold to Hamas?

As far as I'm concerned, EVERYTHING

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is not about you though, its a topic about the hostage. You would rather victim blame Israel we know that already

Israeli nurse abducted on October 7 kidnapped by Palestinian CIVILIANS then sold to Hamas

Get over yourself, my comment has everything to do with this situation, from the hostages, to the terrorism of Hamas and the response from Israel up to press, you don't want to address anything apart from revenge and destruction in Gaza.

The victim here is not only Israeli's, it is also the whole of Humanity that is witnessing this tragedy.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Get over yourself, my comment has everything to do with this situation, from the hostages, to the terrorism of Hamas and the response from Israel up to press, you don't want to address anything apart from revenge and destruction in Gaza.

The victim here is not only Israeli's, it is also the whole of Humanity that is witnessing this tragedy.

There is never justification for taking innocent hostages no matter what history there is with Israel. Hostages that included women. Children and babies. Hostages have been raped, abused. The only one needing to get over themselves is you and your lame apologist deflection.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

There is never justification for taking innocent hostages no matter what history there is with Israel. Hostages that included women. Children and babies. Hostages have been raped, abused. The only one needing to get over themselves is you and your lame apologist deflection.

Another load of diatribe against me, thanks, water off a ducks back.

Now try putting your mind on to the point I made in the original post and I quote:

"I find it unbelievable that people on here don't think that the barbarism that occurred on the 7th Oct was done on a whim and that Israel had given the Palestinian people no reasons for them to hate and despise them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Another load of diatribe against me, thanks, water off a ducks back.

Now try putting your mind on to the point I made in the original post and I quote:

"I find it unbelievable that people on here don't think that the barbarism that occurred on the 7th Oct was done on a whim and that Israel had given the Palestinian people no reasons for them to hate and despise them.

I've already responded to that post........read it again

Carry on with your shameful defense of the OP

'Those who barricaded themselves in the mamads died, because the terrorists shot through the doors and set them on fire,' the told Le Point.

She says she was covered in a sheet and driven in a golf cart to the border between Israel and Gaza before being transferred to a car, which took her to Khan Younes - southern Gaza's largest city from which the IDF withdrew its troops this weekend.

Margalit says she noticed that those who had kidnapped her were jubilant as she was driven to Gaza and there were cheers in Khan Younes from crowds there, she recalls.

'I saw elderly people, children taken hostage,' Margalit tells the magazine.

'The terrorists who captured me were civilians. They negotiated with Hamas to sell me. When they were paid, I was taken straight into a tunnel.'

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I've already responded to that post........read it again

Carry on with your shameful defense of the OP

'Those who barricaded themselves in the mamads died, because the terrorists shot through the doors and set them on fire,' the told Le Point.

She says she was covered in a sheet and driven in a golf cart to the border between Israel and Gaza before being transferred to a car, which took her to Khan Younes - southern Gaza's largest city from which the IDF withdrew its troops this weekend.

Margalit says she noticed that those who had kidnapped her were jubilant as she was driven to Gaza and there were cheers in Khan Younes from crowds there, she recalls.

'I saw elderly people, children taken hostage,' Margalit tells the magazine.

'The terrorists who captured me were civilians. They negotiated with Hamas to sell me. When they were paid, I was taken straight into a tunnel.'

From the same link:

Margalit's latest account of her experience in Gaza came after Israel's army said on Saturday its troops recovered the body of another hostage from Nir Oz.

The recovery of Elad Katzir's body brings to 12 the number of bodies of hostages which the army says it has brought home from Gaza during the war.

But it gave no comfort to his sister, who blamed Israeli authorities for his death.

The IDF said in a statement that 'the body of the abductee Elad Katzir, who according to intelligence was murdered in captivity by the Islamic Jihad terrorist organisation, was rescued overnight from Khan Yunis and returned to Israeli territory'.

Katzir, 47 at the time of attack, was abducted from Nir Oz kibbutz community along with his mother Hanna.

She was released on November 24 during a one-week truce in the war in Gaza. Katzir's father was killed during the attack at the kibbutz, the army said.

The army said its intelligence suggested that Katzir was murdered in mid-January, shortly after Islamic Jihad released a video footage showing him in captivity.

'He was buried in the ground,' a military official told journalists at a briefing.

Following intelligence, troops reached the site and 'began excavation' work to recover his body, the official said.

'Their efforts resulted in the discovery of the body, which was then transported to Israel for further examination,' he said.

Katzir's sister expressed fury at the authorities. 'Elad was kidnapped from his home in Nir Oz in one piece,' Carmit Palty Katzir wrote on her Facebook page.

She blamed the Israeli authorities for her brother's death, saying he would have returned alive had the authorities agreed to a new truce deal.

'Our leadership is cowardly and driven by political consideration, which is why this deal has not happened yet,' she wrote.

'Prime Minister, war cabinet, and coalition members: Look at yourself in the mirror and say if your hands didn't spill blood.'

Her comments reflect intensifying pressure on the coalition government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over its handling of the war.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

From the same link:

Margalit's latest account of her experience in Gaza came after Israel's army said on Saturday its troops recovered the body of another hostage from Nir Oz.

The recovery of Elad Katzir's body brings to 12 the number of bodies of hostages which the army says it has brought home from Gaza during the war.

But it gave no comfort to his sister, who blamed Israeli authorities for his death.

The IDF said in a statement that 'the body of the abductee Elad Katzir, who according to intelligence was murdered in captivity by the Islamic Jihad terrorist organisation, was rescued overnight from Khan Yunis and returned to Israeli territory'.

Katzir, 47 at the time of attack, was abducted from Nir Oz kibbutz community along with his mother Hanna.

She was released on November 24 during a one-week truce in the war in Gaza. Katzir's father was killed during the attack at the kibbutz, the army said.

The army said its intelligence suggested that Katzir was murdered in mid-January, shortly after Islamic Jihad released a video footage showing him in captivity.

'He was buried in the ground,' a military official told journalists at a briefing.

Following intelligence, troops reached the site and 'began excavation' work to recover his body, the official said.

'Their efforts resulted in the discovery of the body, which was then transported to Israel for further examination,' he said.

Katzir's sister expressed fury at the authorities. 'Elad was kidnapped from his home in Nir Oz in one piece,' Carmit Palty Katzir wrote on her Facebook page.

She blamed the Israeli authorities for her brother's death, saying he would have returned alive had the authorities agreed to a new truce deal.

'Our leadership is cowardly and driven by political consideration, which is why this deal has not happened yet,' she wrote.

'Prime Minister, war cabinet, and coalition members: Look at yourself in the mirror and say if your hands didn't spill blood.'

Her comments reflect intensifying pressure on the coalition government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over its handling of the war.

Yes I read it, so you are finally back on topic rather than making excuses for Hamas war crimes against the hostages :clap2:

"In the tunnels, the hostages received no information about the outside world, she says. They had no idea of the scale of the October 7 massacre, nor Israel's military response against Hamas which to this day has killed more than 30,000 Palestinians.

She was not aware that 75 residents from her kibbutz were taken hostages, and that 38 of them were kill,"

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes I read it, so you are finally back on topic rather than making excuses for Hamas war crimes against the hostages :clap2:

"In the tunnels, the hostages received no information about the outside world, she says. They had no idea of the scale of the October 7 massacre, nor Israel's military response against Hamas which to this day has killed more than 30,000 Palestinians.

She was not aware that 75 residents from her kibbutz were taken hostages, and that 38 of them were kill,"

The last thing that's needed is rounds of applause about any of these topics. What's needed is changes of attitudes from both sides to sort out this disaster for the whole of mankind, have you anything to bring to the negotiating table apart from death and destruction?

Edited by Jeff the Chef
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What's needed is to appreciate the words of the innocent hostages and get back on topic that, is to be applauded, rather than make lame and vile attempts to justify civilian's and terrorists having taken them in the first place. 

There is no justification from either side, they are both as bad as one another, both intractable in their beliefs that they are both right and until there is a complete change nothing will change.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

There is no justification from either side, they are both as bad as one another, both intractable in their beliefs that they are both right and until there is a complete change nothing will change.

They are not as bad as each other though, this is the reality and for this never to happen again Israel must eliminate Hamas.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Tell that to an 8 month old baby hostage. Or one of the female raped hostages. Actually tell that to any of them. You are an apologist. There is only one side to take when hostages are involved.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

They are not as bad as each other though, this is the reality and for this never to happen again Israel must eliminate Hamas.

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Tell that to an 8 month old baby hostage. Or one of the female raped hostages. Actually tell that to any of them. You are an apologist. There is only one side to take when hostages are involved.

Here lies the problem, both of you can only see the carnage caused as the fault of Hamas and the Palestinians, Israel are the innocents, who have no parts to play in any of this conflict, so we can all sit behind our keyboards from now until eternity and watch this go on indefinitely.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

What a surprise, you excusing the actions of the perpetrators of such an evil crime, whataboutery is always a feeble excuse. This thread is about Palestinians kidnapping Israelis! 

Yet again you're falsifying my post. I was stating evil is not the sole domain of Muslims - end of.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Wobblybob said:

So you agree that Islam is evil, at least we agree on something. 👍

Not Islam spiritually practised, but the Salafi Islamists. Plus of course those claiming to be followers of Islam, but in fact are criminals e.g. rapist's.

Edited by simple1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, simple1 said:

Oh, we have a "Take your eye off the ball" member........🤐...........:coffee1:

Start your own thread chap...............😏

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1