Thaksin Shinawatra’s ‘secret’ health scandal

webfact

3 hours ago, Homburg said:

The Macavity of Thai politics. Never a dull moment!

Ah hah 

A new word.

Seemingly from a T S Eliot fan

Granted it's denominalization, but aptly applied.

Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Returning to Thailand was aan arranged deal, his move from lock-up to private police hospital was a scam, and his so called "dire" health is just a joke.

Since parole he's been healthy enough to travel to Chiang Mai, hold numerous meetings with PTP members, and now apparently take to playing with the grandchildren in the pool..

showing no surgery scars?

All very true but within the existing laws and regulations. If there is substantial public outrage in how such laws and regulations can be manipulated, petition parliament to amend applicable laws. Such review might even require an amendment of the constitution itself.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with him exercising, in fact all credit to him for doing so. The issue is he was so sick that he couldn’t leave the hospital and return to prison however the day he was given parol he suddenly became well enough to return home and then travel. The system is a joke and any foreigner with a serious illness that they can’t afford treatment for should look and learn from Thaksin and get free medical treatment 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"According to Tawee, doctors recommended aqua therapy to aid Thaksin’s shoulder muscle recovery." Anyone who knows anything about medicine and physical therapy knows that this is a very common way for older people to regain strength after long illness and lack of physical activity. Water activities are a good low impact non strenuous form of exercise. Those are foam covered aquatic dumbells specifically for this purpose, relatively light in weight. 

Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 11.49.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 11.47.17 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Everybody realize what was happening there’s no surprise there another issue where is the Red Bull kid TIT

Which "kid"?   The almost middle-aged Vorayuth isn't in Thailand, that's all that matters, his overseas location is irrelevant.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, AlexPattaya said:

I am incredibly amused reading multiple comments from mostly Farangs on this topic! It sounds like most of them know all the facts surrounding this case! In reality, none of them know all the facts and sounding off here is nothing more than Bla Bla Bla !! 

Nicely put.  They're all part of the "We all know" gang.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

When I try to talk to the Wife about it, all I get is "This is Thailand, He is Rich, so He can do what He wants."

Same here...and that is the nub of the problem.....it's recognised for what it is and accepted.....very sad.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Excogitator said:

I wonder what's up with all the hate against Thaksin in this forum? He's no better or worse than any other ultra-rich person in Thailand (all of whom have been up to things that would lead to a defamation lawsuit against anyone bold enough to point it out..) Controversial he is, but to his defence, at least he was a prime minister lawfully elected by a majority of the people, ousted by a military junta guilty of far worse than him...

That's true. However it seems it was him who, despite promises, made sure that those apparently guilty of far worse than him, were never brought to justice.

48 minutes ago, kimamey said:

That's true. However it seems it was him who, despite promises, made sure that those apparently guilty of far worse than him, were never brought to justice.

Well, that's probably why he's still alive and kicking...

• Agree 1

In last year's general election this fellow, and his party won zero seats.

Pheu Thai won 141.

He is a complete loser, an obsessive hater and fascist whose political stance and party were utterly rejected by the Thai people.

Now I have very strong reservations about how Pheu Thai came to be in power. Equally strong are my views on how Thaksin's release was handled. It was a mish mash of political chicanery and intrigues; rather like the various prosecutions and " convictions" which had him sentenced, and which this fellow shills for!

I also think that Thaksin's release, and no doubt in due course that of Yingluck,  however dubious the means involved, is broadly in line with the Thai people's wishes, whishes which this fellow discounts utterly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

As much as I don't like the Teflon Don, he's free now, get over it.  Anyone with a brain knows he's now running the party and in the not very long future, his sister will be joining him.  Money buys anything in Thailand.  

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Returning to Thailand was aan arranged deal, his move from lock-up to private police hospital was a scam, and his so called "dire" health is just a joke.

Since parole he's been healthy enough to travel to Chiang Mai, hold numerous meetings with PTP members, and now apparently take to playing with the grandchildren in the pool..

showing no surgery scars?

All good signs that he is doing well from his expert medical teams advice. 

• Haha 2

On 4/11/2024 at 6:53 AM, TheFishman1 said:

Everybody realize what was happening there’s no surprise there another issue where is the Red Bull kid TIT

If the paymaster can 'arrange' (has enough money) a return home then why can't the red Bull family arrange the same for Boss?

Seems to me that the Pamaster is a billionaire but the Red Bull family probably several times richer. 

i

40 minutes ago, scorecard said:

If the paymaster can 'arrange' (has enough money) a return home then why can't the red Bull family arrange the same for Boss?

Seems to me that the Paymaster is a billionaire but the Red Bull family probably several times richer. 

the key for toni's comeback deal was his connection to the man in charge ...

i'm not sure if the man in charge would agree to another doggy deal with the red bull family ...

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Seems to me that the Pamaster is a billionaire but the Red Bull family probably several times richer. 

i

No need to "arrange" anything when instructions come from a stratospheric institutional level.....

• Agree 1

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
Everybody knows that the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
That's how it goes
Everybody knows

Everybody Knows - Leonard Cohen

And everybody knows Thaksin condition
That's how it goes