Thailand once was the place, now dirty beaches, bad air, cheapo tourists

heiri007

I agree and in particular the packaging waste annoys me. So many unnecessary bags and wrappings. One day it will be back to the old shopping bags.

Individually wrapped and priced bananas do it for me, they are already wrapped in their own skins FFS.

• Agree 1

On 4/12/2024 at 9:40 AM, spidermike007 said:

We tried having them sanctioned, fined, shut down, etc.

Thais love when Johnny Farang show up and tell them they can not make money.

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2024 at 11:28 AM, spidermike007 said:

Nah, I choose to have a great life, I don't need kids. I did that and it was the wisest and smartest decision of this lifetime. I don't miss not having kids for a nanosecond

Wonder if your parents have any regrets ?😁

49 minutes ago, mancub said:

Wonder if your parents have any regrets ?😁

No absolutely not, they both understood. They're both gone now but my father when he was still around, seemed to totally get why I didn't want to have kids. He said I would be the last in the line since I'm the only son, but they didn't seem too bothered. Have two other siblings with kids. 

Kids are simply not that big a deal they're not all that special and we don't all have to have them for the world to function. 

2 hours ago, Goat said:

Thais love when Johnny Farang show up and tell them they can not make money.

They don't need to love it, act like a scoundrel, defile  law and order, create deafening noise pollution that travels for miles and miles and miles, and my friends and I will give you as hard a time as we possibly can.

Just because we're guests here, just because it's not our country doesn't mean we have to behave like lap dogs, and sit down and get trampled underfoot by scoundrels on a consistent basis. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

They don't need to love it, act like a scoundrel, defile  law and order, create deafening noise pollution that travels for miles and miles and miles, and my friends and I will give you as hard a time as we possibly can.

Just because we're guests here, just because it's not our country doesn't mean we have to behave like lap dogs, and sit down and get trampled underfoot by scoundrels on a consistent basis. 

I thought you said you had to move and the bar is still operating as normal?

Gee you love complaining. I dont think Thailand is for you.

3 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

I agree and in particular the packaging waste annoys me. So many unnecessary bags and wrappings. One day it will be back to the old shopping bags.

Individually wrapped and priced bananas do it for me, they are already wrapped in their own skins FFS.

Bizarre. They see it as a service gesture similar to a 'thank you' rather then a wrapping. Thus, the constant wanting to bag things right away. Often, I don't even have time to get out my canvas bag before they start with the plastic. It also wastes time for people that are in a proverbial rush, making them more stressed out then they already were.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Goat said:

I thought you said you had to move and the bar is still operating as normal?

Gee you love complaining. I dont think Thailand is for you.

I moved from Samui for a dozen good reasons and the Ark Bar was barely even on my radar at that point. I moved to the mainland and I absolutely love it here, so contrary to your thought process Thailand is definitely for me. I wake up every morning feeling great for many different reasons. I love Thailand. 

Edited by spidermike007

"Thailand once was the place, now dirty beaches, bad air, cheapo tourists"

Always been like that but has worsened

All the cool kids & people visited Thailand many years ago so now it's the uncool laggards turn.

Main problem is the lady drinks prices etc. though imho

20 hours ago, bluejets said:

Go back to where ever you came from then if it is now unacceptable to you.

I like to take a bet that, wherever it was, it has followed much the same or doesn't have half the things going for it that it used to.

The usual jerk reaction. Trying to do my part by cleaning up the beaches myself, engaging with local authorities about solutions... there can only be betterment by realizing what's wrong, what could be done better and then act. But just accepting anything as is, well, your choice, not mine.

A strange phenomenon in S.E. Asia for decades, the many that came here for whatever reason, but seem to become chronic complainers and not only towards the country, but to other humans as well. I always laugh at the age old excuse that many say they can't leave, or won't leave. It's a big world and a short life, so why be miserable?

On 4/12/2024 at 11:28 AM, spidermike007 said:

What are your experiencing is happening around the entire planet, the population keeps expanding, now we're up to 8 billion.

The best thing that's happening to the world right now is countries like China and Japan just saying no to children. Children are not that special, they're not really needed, they are way over rated, and thankfully it's a choice these days and not compulsory. A lot of people are saying no I don't need the headaches, I don't need the nonsense, I don't need the expense, I don't need the responsibility.

Nah, I choose to have a great life, I don't need kids. I did that and it was the wisest and smartest decision of this lifetime. I don't miss not having kids for a nanosecond. 

I think I read in school that there is a mechanism in nature that starts throwing wrenches in when overpopulation happens. Diseases, pandemics, not sure of the others. A way of naturally controlling the population.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/11/2024 at 5:19 PM, bob smith said:

I agree with you mate!

Thailand is a shadow of it’s former self.

Cambodia is miles better.

much love,

BOB.

Cambodia is a shadow of its former self.

• Haha 1

Cheap mass tourism is a disgrace.

There was no need for it.

After covid they vowed to reset things, and attract quality tourism. Clean up the bad practises, improve standards to five start levels.

Instead new leadership comes in - back to mass cheap tourism, this time on steroids. 

• Agree 2