If Living in Texas instead of Thailand: I would own guns...Big guns.

16 minutes ago, Dioj said:

Please refer to data available from Wikipedia, data drawn from United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

USA = 6.4 per 1000 inhabitants

Thailand = 4.8

More importantly, this data is not broken down by the relationship of perp to victim.  Therefore, it's just a guess, but I would like to check more detailed data to know if in Thailand, the perp and victim are somehow related or known to other, more often.  And, if in the US, the perp and victim are less likely to know each other.  

Still, I mentioned Taiwan and Japan, and East Asia.  In Japan, the rate is...

Japan = 0.2

Taiwan = ?  (Cannot be included in the UN data since the Commie Bandits of the PRC have kicked out Taiwan from the UN.)  But, almost as low as Japan, at least in the past decades.

So, this Data is Not Fantasy....maybe....

• Like 1

You haven't been there in over 30 yrs, how do you know you'd still love USA.   If I returned, I'd have one gun at least, as I just like 'em.

In Asia, you never need a gun (?) .... until you do, just like anywhere worldwide.   

Stop watching & listening to MSM BS, crime and murders (with few exceptions) have decreased almost every year.

And the idiot in the vid would be prosecuted, as shooting through a door, negates any immanent danger of life.  Need to wait till the door is opened.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, papa al said:

Permit not needed in Texas

y'all.

Is that still TRUE for concealed pistols?

If I return to the US, I will not be travelling to Dallas to see my friend Mary Kay.

Did she have a Pink Gun?

I will live on the East Coast, either Mass. or New Hampshire, in Old Black Point.

I would imagine that a Permit to Carry might be required if I try to walk about town with my concealed Magnum .44 with the loooong barrel.

(No Joke, though.  For me, at my age, I will be safer with a gun at home, than without....  Especially after watching the Texas Intrusion Video that I posted in the Original Topic.)

I will also buy a Kevlar vest for my armor, and one that covers my groin area....!

Edited by GammaGlobulin

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

You haven't been there in over 30 yrs, how do you know you'd still love USA.   If I returned, I'd have one gun at least, as I just like 'em.

In Asia, you never need a gun (?) .... until you do, just like anywhere worldwide.   

Stop watching & listening to MSM BS, crime and murders (with few exceptions) have decreased almost every year.

And the idiot in the vid would be prosecuted, as shooting through a door, negates any immanent danger of life.  Need to wait till the door is opened.

I think I said:

I love what the USA used to be in the 50s and 60s...

NOT the 70s, 80s...etc....and probably the USA of Tomorrow, too!

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

9 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I still love the USA, but I do not much care for the warped, and warping, culture of the past four decades.

52 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Just pop a cap in his latino ass

Or Iranian (mid eastern illegal alien)...

... Dems welcome everyone :coffee1:

image.png.dc3e41f049359d73ae807848a1dd2dee.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dioj said:

While it is true that the murder rate in Thailand is comparable to the US, what is relevant here, is that 99.9% of those murders are Thai on Thai. Very few foreigners are targeted, nor the victims of random gun violence, like in the US. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Sometimes I do not remember what I say, or have said, about the USA.

The cultural shifts of the USA, during recent decades, are just too disturbing for me, I guess, and...

This causes me to forget or become confused by the passage of time when recalling events of my past life in the US of A.

Sort of like Kurt Vonnegut's scrambling of time, or the sequence of events, in Slaughterhouse-Five....maybe....

My recollections of my past life in the US of A are almost identical to those of the main character of Slaughterhouse-Five....and that is the best way for me to explain my life, both pre- and post-Travels-in-Asia.

image.png.95c0eaff95ffedf2f74c265186671605.png

image.png.511089022c72b103ea27b968cf3ea66a.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slaughterhouse-Five

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

While it is true that the murder rate in Thailand is comparable to the US, what is relevant here, is that 99.9% of those murders are Thai on Thai. Very few foreigners are targeted, nor the victims of random gun violence, like in the US. 

Most people, worldwide (non war) get killed by someone they know.  Even the gangbangers in USA know who they are shooting act, though may want to get a little more time on the target range.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Most people, worldwide (non war) get killed by someone they know.  Even the gangbangers in USA know who they are shooting act, though may want to get a little more time on the target range.

Yes.

This was my point (implied), which is the most important point for us Farang to consider.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, papa al said:

Title says Texas genius.

Yes.

IF I lived in Texas, I would own a lot of Big Guns.

But, instead, I would opt for life in New Hampshire or Mass. or Old Black Point CT, rather than Texas.

Still, after watching the Texas video, posted in the OP, and since I would be living alone, without children, an angry GF, or a shrew of a wife, then it would be safest for me to own just two large caliber automatics, and one magnum revolver, and the shortest-barreled shotgun that is legal in the state.

Now I know why more people in the US seem to be buying firearms, even little-old ladies.

I would buy a few, too.

But, I would never live in Texas.

Why?

I would never live in Texas because I am far more of a genius than you might imagine.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes.

IF I lived in Texas, I would own a lot of Big Guns.

But, instead, I would opt for life in New Hampshire or Mass. or Old Black Point CT, rather than Texas.

Still, after watching the Texas video, posted in the OP, and since I would be living alone, without children, an angry GF, or a shrew of a wife, then it would be safest for me to own just two large caliber automatics, and one magnum revolver, and the shortest-barreled shotgun that is legal in the state.

Now I know why more people in the US seem to be buying firearms, even little-old ladies.

I would buy a few, too.

But, I would never live in Texas.

Why?

I would never live in Texas because I am far more of a genius than you might imagine.

Bravo.

Way to go.!

If I was you. I would also. If you lived in Texas you would need them ,

Sadly, contrary to Popular belief by a segment of out society, it does nothing towards compensating for anatomical shortcomings elsewhere. .  

GG, what a hoot!,  No, you are not a genius. 

If you were you would be very rich and you would not be in Thailand. 

So many other places to live under that consideration.💲💲💲 :1zgarz5:

21 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

ic.)

I will also buy a Kevlar vest for my armor, and one that covers my groin area....!

Why? I thought you had embraced celibacy.

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Random gun violance. LOL. Do you know the random gun  violence rate in the USA?

Let me help you. I bet there are more gangbanger on gangbanger shootings in Chicago in a year that there are random shootings in the USA.

BTW I wonder how many folks would have been stabbed if that Aussie loon was running through a Texas mall.

On 4/13/2024 at 4:09 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Please refer to data available from Wikipedia, data drawn from United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

USA = 6.4 per 1000 inhabitants

Thailand = 4.8

More importantly, this data is not broken down by the relationship of perp to victim.  Therefore, it's just a guess, but I would like to check more detailed data to know if in Thailand, the perp and victim are somehow related or known to other, more often.  And, if in the US, the perp and victim are less likely to know each other.  

Still, I mentioned Taiwan and Japan, and East Asia.  In Japan, the rate is...

Japan = 0.2

Taiwan = ?  (Cannot be included in the UN data since the Commie Bandits of the PRC have kicked out Taiwan from the UN.)  But, almost as low as Japan, at least in the past decades.

So, this Data is Not Fantasy....maybe....

Thailand data are from 2009, US from 2022, and these are homicides not gun deaths. 

28 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

More so mentioned as you don't need a permit to carry, opened or concealed.

image.png.effd5a978d4468efc06da1912dc567a3.png

I see your point, but that only gives the people who don't wish to carry the right to. That leaves us to guess how many do. But in a state where you still need to get a permit the people getting them are likely to do so. Take New Jersey for example.

https://www.njspotlightnews.org/2024/03/nj-concealed-handgun-permits-soared-after-bruen-ruling-scotus-second-amendment/

On 4/13/2024 at 9:22 AM, KhunLA said:

Recenlty out in Michigan for work.

Guy that took  me to lunch every day... had two glocks and a revolver sitting in the console of his car in open view.

And an AK under the back seat of his pickup.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, Yagoda said:

Random gun violance. LOL. Do you know the random gun  violence rate in the USA?

Let me help you. I bet there are more gangbanger on gangbanger shootings in Chicago in a year that there are random shootings in the USA.

BTW I wonder how many folks would have been stabbed if that Aussie loon was running through a Texas mall.

There are likely more innocent people killed by gun violence in America than any other nation in the world. I would say by a factor of 10. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Recenlty out in Michigan for work.

Guy that took  me to lunch every day... had two glocks and a revolver sitting in the console of his car in open view.

And an AK under the back seat of his pickup.

Bit of overkill, as I just carried my Glock on me, most times.  Not even an extra mag, as if you can't hit anything within 16 shots, you should be carrying, or try to avoid gang banger wars.