If Living in Texas instead of Thailand: I would own guns...Big guns.

11 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I agree with you.

Sorry for not including the link to the source, which I had intended to do...

Anyway:

Here is the information that you requested...

https://www.worlddata.info/iq-by-country.php

image.png.5b330477ee5826d70f9dbefe21f9ebfc.png

https://www.worlddata.info/iq-by-country.php

I found a couple different ones almost all have Japan 1  then Singapore .   Where are you from in PA?  Also  Cambodia  IQ seems to be an outlier?

Edited by charleskerins
nm

4 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

stop watching propaganda from New York Post aka Fox news....

weak minded people need guns....as they live in fear

thanks to sites such as the one you posted

NY POST  and FOX News   good for a laugh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

When the second amendment was written bearing arms meant a citizen of the United States could own the most sophisticated weaponry of the time. 

The same thinking would limit free speech rights to only actually speaking. No amplification, no recordings, no radio no TV, no posting on the internet, and limit freedom of the press to only the technology available in 1791. 

Wow did someone hack into your account ?  Free speech does not apply to the method of communication but to the infringement of the government on it's expression.  

13 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

I found a couple different ones almost all have Japan 1  then Singapore .   Where are you from in PA?

Me?  Gladwyne/Bryn Mawr/Haverford/Collegeville/etc....

Singapore is not important, really.  

Japan/Taiwan/HK...all about 105 to 107

This is a huge difference of MORE THAN one standard deviation from measured IQ in places like Mexico, SE Asian countries, compared to East Asian Countries. There is little point in denying it.  Only the potential causes for this disparity might be debated.

On the standard IQ test, one standard deviation is 15 points...

Mexico average is 87

Japan/Taiwan/HK average is 107

That is 20 Points!!!

Over one SD!!!

Crazy Huge Difference, actually.

And, it shows, Big Time.

On 4/14/2024 at 5:02 PM, spidermike007 said:

Wrong. Just plain wrong. Do your research. 

The grief we feel as a nation over this tragedy is real. The terror I feel as a parent is nearly paralyzing. But paralysis won’t solve this problem. My professional life is dedicated to numbers and here’s one that every American should consider: 31,780. 

That’s how many children in the U.S. under age 18 have died from gun violence in the 20 years between 2000 and 2020.

31,780 children who will never get to hug their mom again.

https://www.prb.org/articles/31780-reasons-to-care-about-gun-violence/

The U.S. experienced more than 600 mass shootings in 2022, nearly double the number recorded four years ago when there were 336, according to Washington-based Gun Violence Archive.

https://www.voanews.com/a/us-gun-violence-soars-in-2022/6876785.html

PBS and VOA are not reputiable journalistic sources.

If you want to promote a lie, be prepared to back it up.

Are 17 year olds children btw.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Perhaps, not so weird.

This speaks to the fact that people, here, living in Thailand, especially Farang, should feel relatively SAFE, and free of worry.

Here in Thailand, at least for most Farang, and most if not all visitors, should feel quite blessed at being in Thailand, where one can truly enjoy greater peace of mind, compared to living in places like Dallas Texas.

I thank my lucky stars, each and every morning, to be so fortunate as to live here.

Thailand has much to offer, and relative safety for visitors and Farang expats is excellent, and something to be appreciated by us, and also much sought after by many in some other parts of this world.

I could not possibly agree with you more. I feel very safe here, and in all the time that I've lived here I've never had an issue related to violence or security, never had my house broken into, never had a vehicle stolen, or broken into, and never had a violent encounter with the local. Unlike in America where I recently had my car broken into, and I've had multiple threatening situations over the years. A friend of mine lives in Berkeley and he told me that snatch and grab is becoming an epidemic, and he sees broken windows on cars nearly every morning.

Thailand is very safe for the average expat or tourist, and I'm very thankful for that. I too love it here and I wake up every morning feeling very happy that I'm here. I do have some minor issues with the place, but they're fairly easy to overlook. For me, the quality of life here is very high. 

1 hour ago, Yagoda said:

Are you attempting to claim that America is not the capital of mass murders? Are you attempting to claim that the people killed in mass murders are not innocent?

What exactly are you trying to say, other than a lame attempt to defend an extremely violent country where shootings are very commonplace. 

52 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Are you attempting to claim that America is not the capital of mass murders? Are you attempting to claim that the people killed in mass murders are not innocent?

What exactly are you trying to say, other than a lame attempt to defend an extremely violent country where shootings are very commonplace. 

Im not claiiming anything. You are the one making the claims, prove them.

Is a 17 year old a child by the way?

2 hours ago, Yagoda said:

PBS is not reputable      HA HA                     you're promoting one      

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Me?  Gladwyne/Bryn Mawr/Haverford/Collegeville/etc....

Singapore is not important, really.  

Japan/Taiwan/HK...all about 105 to 107

This is a huge difference of MORE THAN one standard deviation from measured IQ in places like Mexico, SE Asian countries, compared to East Asian Countries. There is little point in denying it.  Only the potential causes for this disparity might be debated.

On the standard IQ test, one standard deviation is 15 points...

Mexico average is 87

Japan/Taiwan/HK average is 107

That is 20 Points!!!

Over one SD!!!

Crazy Huge Difference, actually.

And, it shows, Big Time.

Singapore is not important?       From the Main Line to Thailand -interesting.   Collegeville good Italian food.

third dumbest post of the year  Congratulations

10 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

third dumbest post of the year  Congratulations

Your welcome. You forgot to capitalize "third", you now take over the lead.

15 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

PBS is not reputable      HA HA                     you're promoting one      

Pretty indecipherable, as befits a PBS listener.

1 hour ago, Yagoda said:

Im not claiiming anything. You are the one making the claims, prove them.

Is a 17 year old a child by the way?

No. But when it comes to mass shootings it happens to people of all ages. 

The rise in gun deaths among children and teens is part of a broader recent increase in firearm deaths among Americans overall. In 2021, there were 48,830 gun deaths among Americans of all ages – by far the highest yearly total on record and up 23% from the 39,707 recorded in 2019, before the pandemic. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/04/06/gun-deaths-among-us-kids-rose-50-percent-in-two-years/

Edited by spidermike007

Your welcome. You forgot to capitalize "third", you now take over the lead.

you forgot how to spell you're    ha ha          too easy     didn't forget   e.e. cummings    

Edited by charleskerins
nm

Pretty indecipherable, as befits a PBS listener.

can't follow you own thread due to being denied PBS at an early age no doubt.

PBS and VOA are not reputiable journalistic sources.  ( it's spelled reputable )  - Ha Ha    

If you want to promote a lie, be prepared to back it up. - you're promoting one 

Edited by charleskerins
nm

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, charleskerins said:

Singapore is not important?       From the Main Line to Thailand -interesting.   Collegeville good Italian food.

Are talking about the Pizza place on the corner, the one that has been there for over 50 years, and is still being run by the same family, the one that once provided mostly take-out pizza, and, in the early 70s, was operated with one large oven and one young guy...I forget his name.

That was quite good pizza.

I lived there in Collegeville because it was the closest country town to Philly, and I once commuted from there to Philly five times per week, to visit the campus at PENN.

I used Google Maps to see how the place has changed in the past 50 years.

These days, I would not live there.

(Happy to see that the Pizza Place still exists and is being maintained by the same family, however....)

Edited by GammaGlobulin

48 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Are talking about the Pizza place on the corner, the one that has been there for over 50 years, and is still being run by the same family, the one that once provided mostly take-out pizza, and, in the early 70s, was operated with one large oven and one young guy...I forget his name.

That was quite good pizza.

I lived there in Collegeville because it was the closest country town to Philly, and I once commuted from there to Philly five times per week, to visit the campus at PENN.

(Happy to see that the Pizza Place still exists and is being maintained by the same family, however....)

there are several good places     

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Still waiting to back up your idiotic claims...

18 hours ago, Yagoda said:

curious as to whom you would say ARE reputable news sources.....enlighten us all..

11 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

a life lived in fear doesnt seem like much of a life......but thats just me....i may pop on over to phllly for a cheesesteak--cheez wit!

keep watching new york post vids and u will be come a recluse.....just look at fox news viewers aka gun owners and the colored people are bad!!! PANIC! AHHHHHHH....im looking at the MAGA morons too

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

he told me that snatch and grab is becoming an epidemic, and he sees broken windows on cars nearly every morning.

protip dont leave valuables in your car???....also lock your doors......have car insurance.....just like everywhere in the world.......got a link on the crimes he tells you is an "epidemic"?....

so thieves would break windows which creates loud sounds on a car with nothing inside worth taking?..seems risky if I was a thief and stupid......as are those that leave valuables inside their cars...even more so if it were and well known epidemic......as he states....

On 4/12/2024 at 4:35 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Before leaving the USA, many years ago in the late 70s, I owned a goodly number of guns, such as the Weatherby .460 Magnum, .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, Colt .45 911, and a number of others, including the quality equipment to automate reloading spent cartridges, too.

Then, I left for Asia, and I completely lost interest in gun ownership, which is the way it should be, in any reasonable world, such as East Asia or SE Asia, IMHO....

I do not like guns, and guns are basically useless in places like Thailand, Taiwan, Japan, HK, and, of course, Singapore, and many other nice, safe places, we call home.

I have not returned to the USA since 1992, and I have forgotten what it's like to live there, in that pot of a melting pot, which seems to be melting, these days.

I still love the USA, but I do not much care for the warped, and warping, culture of the past four decades.

Maybe such widespread gun ownership could be part of many problems in the US, however....

Now, IF I LIVED in the USA, I would definitely buy not one, not two, not three, but FOUR guns, all semiautomatic, and with high capacity clips.

I would also buy body armor, and keep it handy.

Why?

Here is why!

Watch the following video to understand why....

No way would I return to the US without first applying for a Permit to Carry. 

(But, this is also why I will never return to the USA. I do not like guns.  And, I do not like violence. And, I also do not like the new culture which is so radically different from what I was used to, and what I now enjoy.  Thailand, Taiwan, Japan are great places to live, chiefly due to the culture.  And, American culture was once far more similar to East Asian culture than it is now.  I will die here in East or SE Asia when my time comes.  And, America can keep the guns.  I am so much safer here in Thailand, without guns. Thailand is so Chill, by comparison.)

Where I live here, I doubt that most people care about locking their doors.  Try that in Dallas, Texas, why don't you....

Regards,

Gamma

Well if NEW YORK POST says it then it MUST be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL    note how it is a man of COLOR....par for the course from murdoch and his rag hate propaganda trash......think harder friend....

also ask me if im jealous of people foolish enough to live out their lives living in fear of what for profit businesses are trying to sell you to keep you using their "product"....SMH...hint--hate tv aka fox-NYP

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Berkeley and he told me that snatch and grab is becoming an epidemic, and he sees broken windows on cars nearly every morning.

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2024/03/31/crime/berkeley-police-investigate-claremont-car-break-ins-auto-burglaries/

as in most areas that seem to have "money" aka rich neighborhoods. bad elements will always exist........while there is also a campus there where 'rich" kids go and have laptops that seems to attract some thieves as well....protip dont take your laptop outside to a coffee shop?..stay on campus with it?...seems smart..same applies to thieves in LOS taking laptops and phones from tourist in CM....my phone too

as the article states the police Do NOT chase them....so whos at fault for the epidemic you claim and what is the deterrent for thieves??? same goes for the retail thieves where i worked that the COMPANY tells us not to give chase and LET them take it as towards the "shrink" effect and how this may affect shareholders...which it usually always defers to...the bottom line and profits......

why wouldnt thieves behave this way when the corp and police are basically sitting on their hands about it.......cause and effect perhaps........every story has TWO sides........

so while corp and shareholders protect their investments and write off tax losses the people of color and the poor will always get the blame.......food for thought

3 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

protip dont leave valuables in your car???....also lock your doors......have car insurance.....just like everywhere in the world.......got a link on the crimes he tells you is an "epidemic"?....

so thieves would break windows which creates loud sounds on a car with nothing inside worth taking?..seems risky if I was a thief and stupid......as are those that leave valuables inside their cars...even more so if it were and well known epidemic......as he states....

It is not only cars, it is also retail shops which are being ransacked. 

Retailers in California and in cities elsewhere around the U.S., including Chicago and Minneapolis, have recently been targeted by large-scale thefts when groups of people show up in groups for mass shoplifting events or to enter stores and smash and grab from display cases.

Several dozen people participated in a brazen smash-and-grab flash mob at a Nordstrom store in the Westfield Topanga Shopping Center last month. Authorities said they used bear spray on a security guard, the Los Angeles Times reported, and the store suffered losses between $60,000 and $100,000.

https://apnews.com/article/california-smash-grab-robberies-grants-police-0172b4e64ed9d748a6fced4316f4121d

The Reyes and Cardona families both said they were repeatedly told by desk clerks, waiters and rental car agents not to leave anything in their cars because property crimes in San Francisco are a major problem.

Both families stopped at Alamo Square for just five minutes to snap some photos at the iconic spot, but that's all the time it took to become the city's latest car break-in victims.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/san-francisco/car-break-ins-san-francisco-alamo-square/3265746/

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It is not only cars, it is also retail shops which are being ransacked. 

Retailers in California and in cities elsewhere around the U.S., including Chicago and Minneapolis, have recently been targeted by large-scale thefts when groups of people show up in groups for mass shoplifting events or to enter stores and smash and grab from display cases.

Several dozen people participated in a brazen smash-and-grab flash mob at a Nordstrom store in the Westfield Topanga Shopping Center last month. Authorities said they used bear spray on a security guard, the Los Angeles Times reported, and the store suffered losses between $60,000 and $100,000.

https://apnews.com/article/california-smash-grab-robberies-grants-police-0172b4e64ed9d748a6fced4316f4121d

The Reyes and Cardona families both said they were repeatedly told by desk clerks, waiters and rental car agents not to leave anything in their cars because property crimes in San Francisco are a major problem.

Both families stopped at Alamo Square for just five minutes to snap some photos at the iconic spot, but that's all the time it took to become the city's latest car break-in victims.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/san-francisco/car-break-ins-san-francisco-alamo-square/3265746/

right as i noted..i worked 2 retail job this xmas and we are told NOT to STOP anyone stealing....aka "shrink".....so whats the deterrent from ppl doing so when they can "get away with it"..

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/26/organized-retail-crime-and-theft-not-increasing-much-nrf-study-finds.html

as "shrink" is product loss....things would get stolen where i work..ALSO broken...loss..or shrink doesnt look good for investors so here we are......its NOT all THEFT....is my point

and cops in Cali NOT chasing thieves seems to "encourage' it.........the LOSS or "shrink" is NOT all theft as we had alot of broken items and LOST items due to poor inventory--which i had to fix

so once again the bottom line aka profit loss is blamed on theft to keep investors from freaking out over the other 2/3s of lost and broken inventory.......

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls