Govt Urged To Reveal Details Of BAAC Borrowing For Digital Wallet Scheme

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

THE GOVERNMENT WAS TODAY (Apr. 12) pressed to tell how long a sum of 172.3 billion baht in planned borrowing from the Bank for Agriculture & Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC) to finance in part their 10,000-baht digital wallet project could be completely repaid.

I'm sure a cozy back room deal will be made.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Poor old Thailand has gone broke, just admit it !  that's about 5.5 billion USD,

But I do know a man that, has that for loose change, from tax payers money.

Loose change? I don´t know how you think here. Please elaborate. As I am aware the richest family in Thailand have about 35 billion USD. Are you suggesting that almost 14% of that amount would be loose change?

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Loose change? I don´t know how you think here. Please elaborate. As I am aware the richest family in Thailand have about 35 billion USD. Are you suggesting that almost 14% of that amount would be loose change?

Last count was $43 billion, and then there are all the 'Assets'  1 years interest would easy cover 5 billion IMO. But you'd have to actually care about the populace to give that away, ......

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Last count was $43 billion, and then there are all the 'Assets'  1 years interest would easy cover 5 billion IMO. But you'd have to actually care about the populace to give that away, ......

Do you see rich people in other countries doing that? So, just a poor shot on Thai people again.

• Confused 2

36 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Do you see rich people in other countries doing that? So, just a poor shot on Thai people again.

This is about Thailand. What was the poor shot at the Thai people.

My 'shot' was at One Thai Man not any other.  

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Shoot ya shot Brian !

As DIVINE used to sing ."shoot ya shot ! Shoot ya shot !

Who remembers DIVINE ??

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1

On 4/14/2024 at 5:36 PM, brianthainess said:

Ok, why do you single out one? Is the other ones doing it already?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, why do you single out one? Is the other ones doing it already?

Is English not your first language, you will not draw me into a lese majest reply.  can't understand what most others do.

Edited by brianthainess

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Is English not your first language

Oh, just another one that thinks all people are Americans, Australians and Brits.

Never said you have to mention a name, did I?

This is insane.  The government is taking a third from this year's budget, a third from next year's budget and borrowing a third from BAAC with no plan on how it will repay the loan.  The loan for Yingluck's corrupt rice pledging scheme 10 years ago has still not be fully repaid, as far as I know. 

The economy not in crisis as PM Srettha-Thaksin claims.  It just suffers from chronic structural problems due to long term mismanagement and failure to make it competitive by reforming education, investing in R&D and a lack of investment in worthwhile infrastructure (not land bridges).  

So after resorting to such ruinous means to fund the thing, what recourse will there be, if the economy enters another real crisis - another crippling loan from BAAC, allocations from future budgets after 2026?

• Like 1