The best coffee cafe in Pattaya

georgegeorgia

Difficult to find a good coffee shop that actually has soy milk. 

It seems it's too hard to go and buy soy.. standard answer is "no hab"

Starbucks my favourite at the moment.....price irrelevant. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Cookster said:

There have been issues buying regular milk not long ago.....I think the coffee shops get there first!

24 minutes ago, Cookster said:

There was a stiff white Brit woman asking for oat milk in a coffee shop out of town, i tried not to laugh

• Haha 1

Go to Branch Coffee Shop No1.. on beach road Jomtien, great coffee I drink espresso and they give me small jug of water to adjust to taste. Sit in open courtyard with a lovely sea breeze and look out over the ocean. Good menu, lovely decorated juices, drinks etc

Is well down beach road where they launch boats etc so always some activity boats or people to liven the experience.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

There was a stiff white Brit woman asking for oat milk in a coffee shop out of town, i tried not to laugh

Yes she was expecting a lot..... strangely enough I have seen the stuff on the shelves in my local, but out of town supermarket....no bloody Shweppes Ginger Ale though!

On 4/14/2024 at 10:06 AM, KhunLA said:

So let us know when you actually see a newspaper at a coffee shop, not a weekly or monthly magazine

Benjamit coffee at the Buakaow market, have 2 copies of the Bangkok Post to read every day. 

Very popular with Europeans and can be hard to get a seat on market days. 

Starbucks must make a fortune, selling coffee at USA prices with Thai labor and other costs.! 

• Thanks 1

Lots of good coffee around.  I agree about 7-11.  I enjoy going out for a coffee in the afternoon.  People watching at Amazon next to the Soi Bukhao market is interesting.

But, in reality even at 30 b it is way over priced compared to making at home. I can buy Bon Cafe or some others on sale for around 150 b. I can get about 25 cups out of a bag. So, the price per cup is approx. 6 b.

I know the owner of a popular restaurant in Central Pattaya he said he encourages people to come in for a cup.  As, he makes more off a cup of coffee then most entrees.

I tend to sniff hard into a bag of freshly opened Arabica beans at home.

Question” Is that normal?

Can any of you coffee connoisseur's back me up on this odd habit?

4 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Amazon Cafe. Hot black coffee. Cheap and consistent...robust coffee flavor with a hint of cherry. 

Sounds delicious!

But I can never tolerate black coffee especially with no sugar !

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/13/2024 at 7:45 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Look I'm going out on a limb here and saying the JOMTIEN area doesn't have any good cafes

I'm using TINNYS pie shop as a cafe mostly beautiful cakes ,air conditioning,clean etc 

I have no idea about FAT BUNNYS cafe opposite but looks great too 

Fat Bunnys cafe is good, European owner who knows the customer. Their ice cream is awesome. La Baguette has the best elaborate coffee drinks and food choices. Almond croissants as good as France. No riffraff

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Rumpelstilskin said:

Fat Bunnys cafe is good, European owner who knows the customer. Their ice cream is awesome. La Baguette has the best elaborate coffee drinks and food choices. Almond croissants as good as France. No riffraff

Yes thankyou!!

I have seen Fat Bunny's Cafe on many of my trips ( opposite TINNYS) in Jomtien 

But alas ...I have never been inside 

Obviously it's not Aur conditioned as it's a open single shophouse but it looks very inviting ! 

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Sounds delicious!

But I can never tolerate black coffee especially with no sugar !

57 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

racist

BROWN sugar

🤣

Just now, Skeptic7 said:

BROWN sugar

🤣

I have a work colleague who only buys brown sugar which I admit tastes better than white sugar.

But what I can't stomach is those horrendous substitute sugars ,is it saccharin? 

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Whats the Cafes in Tukcom ,I noticed they are also full everytime I go 

Gaffe just up from tukcom is a pretty good 2nd to Benjamit, i sometimes went there when Benjamit was closed on a Saturday

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Gaffe just up from tukcom is a pretty good 2nd to Benjamit, i sometimes went there when Benjamit was closed on a Saturday

Yes Gaffe is fantastic 

But I can't think for the life of me what that place is I frequent out the front of Tukcom 

'Problem with Benjamit is you get farang who like the sound of their voice, 

Yes, on market days I now go after 1pm, much quieter. I always find the European customers, especially noisy. Been going there 15+ years now, right back to when it was only single-fronted. Really nice people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, talisman01 said:

IMO Gafae on Pattaya Tai, near to Tukcom, not only had by far the best coffee in town but they also have a nice terrace, a/c inside, nice food and pastries etc AND the Bangkok Post to read

OK, I concede ... newspapers are still being distributed and placed where westerner congregate ... probably why I haven't seen them in well over a decade or more.

12 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

OK, I concede ... newspapers are still being distributed and placed where westerner congregate ... probably why I haven't seen them in well over a decade or more.

Or perhaps you just haven't noticed them... 

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Or perhaps you just haven't noticed them... 

Nah, I would definitely have noticed them, as I browse around any new shop I'm in.  Have only seen weekly & monthly rags, and most in Thai, if not all, as very rare to be a non Asian in coffee shops I visit.