The best coffee cafe in Pattaya

georgegeorgia

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

More water, I recall only 1 shot, def not 3 anyway, i much prefer a standard size coffee which most shops do

Triple shot latte or cappuccino in a big cup at Starbucks is B160 

• Haha 1

None of the above.

I drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day and it's way too expensive to be in coffee shops all the time.

When I'm in a pinch, the nearest coffee shop will do the trick.

And this coffee snobbery is silly as in a blind taste test maybe most of you wouldn't be able to tell which is which. 

Is coffee healthy? The debate rages on ... there are mixed reviews out there. 

This guy claims it is. May help prevent kidney stones? Maybe even some anti-cancer properties? Or is that a grandiose claim?

And claims 2-3 cups a day is the Sweet Spot.

28 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

None of the above.

I drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day and it's way too expensive to be in coffee shops all the time.

When I'm in a pinch, the nearest coffee shop will do the trick.

And this coffee snobbery is silly as in a blind taste test maybe most of you wouldn't be able to tell which is which. 

Is coffee healthy? The debate rages on ... there are mixed reviews out there. 

This guy claims it is. May help prevent kidney stones? Maybe even some anti-cancer properties? Or is that a grandiose claim?

And claims 2-3 cups a day is the Sweet Spot.

If you have kidney stones, the doc will tell you NOT to drink coffee.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Who knows better than a doctor?

Obviously, you haven't swallowed the "Health Industry Blue Pill" yet.

And I don't want to be the one responsible for any psychological side effects you may have when you finally realize one day that you cannot (always) fully trust your Doc.

Where is the 'What's up, Doc?' expression coming from? Why not 'What's up,  Judge?' or plumber, or garbageman? - Quora

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Triple shot latte or cappuccino in a big cup at Starbucks is B160 

How about the 8oz one, how many shots in that? and price? tasted like 1 shot at Starbucks, 2 at Cafe Neros and other shops

Edited by scubascuba3

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It's your typical coffee shop, drinks, cakes, newspapers to read. 

That's not typical.  Haven't seen one of those in over a decade :coffee1:

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Very good point

Mind you I haven't bought a newspaper for what like ....must be 5 years?

You see the point I'm getting at is , Im thinking is the Coffee the number 1 reason that's important in a Cafe nowadays?

Or is the Wifi ? 

25 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Really? It seems the shops I frequent typically have some manner of reading material. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

How about the 8oz one, how many shots in that? and price? tasted like 1 shot at Starbucks, 2 at Cafe Neros and other shops

I don't order the 8oz one.

Is "Cafe Neros" not just Black Canyon without food?

I like Starbucks, but I'm not real picky. If a place is convenient and had decent seating and ambiance, I'll try them. I generally do not get coffee to go. I think Amazon, Black Canyon, S & P, Babrika, Coffee Time, Coffee World, PunThai and any number of other shops are all okay. 

I've had coffee at countless shops, and I don't know that any one was a particular standout.

I never "go out" for coffee. I have it several times a week when I am already out somewhere having to wait for someone, so I don't get too caught up in the price. 

33 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Very good point

Mind you I haven't bought a newspaper for what like ....must be 5 years?

You see the point I'm getting at is , Im thinking is the Coffee the number 1 reason that's important in a Cafe nowadays?

Or is the Wifi ? 

I'm rarely impressed with the coffee, and no better than I can do at home, with French press or drip cone.  Occasionally get a cup of ... 'damn that's good', but rare.  Think they could a better job with fancy beans & and expensive machine.

Hopefully good pastry, as something I don't do at home, as too much work, and don't need that much sitting around, as I'll end up eating it all, in a short time.  I have no will power to walk past a plate of sweets.

AC and pleasant setting or view wins also.

I stay of the internet when O&A relaxing, except for sending the daughter a snap of what I'm munching on.

11 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Really? It seems the shops I frequent typically have some manner of reading material. 

Reading material and newspaper aren't necessarily the same thing :coffee1:

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

I'm rarely impressed with the coffee, and no better than I can do at home, with French press or drip cone.  Occasionally get a cup of ... 'damn that's good', but rare.  Think they could a better job with fancy beans & and expensive machine.

Hopefully good pastry, as something I don't do at home, as too much work, and don't need that much sitting around, as I'll end up eating it all, in a short time.  I have no will power to walk past a plate of sweets.

AC and pleasant setting or view wins also.

I stay of the internet when O&A relaxing, except for sending the daughter a snap of what I'm munching on.

Reading material and newspaper aren't necessarily the same thing :coffee1:

:coffee1:

37 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Agree, I see many coffee shops in Thailand with reading material. 

He's just nitpicking. 

Lots of those types on these forums. 

I've learnt to ignore them. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Agree, I see many coffee shops in Thailand with reading material. 

He's just nitpicking. 

Lots of those types on these forums. 

I've learnt to ignore them. 

Reading comprehension fellas.   Even the person I replied to hasn't bought (possibly seen) a printed newspaper in a coffee shop.

I've seen reading material, not that any would interest me, and the point of the person I replied to, pointed out, unlike days past, coffee & newspaper was a good part of the coffee shop experience.

Same as using as a time killer on public trans ...

image.png.6ae990a3fe8cfd6ef6b3a1ce0d301bf7.png

... now it's on your phone

image.png.109c02f7fce5b659d592c7b23c43dbd4.png

So let us know when you actually see a newspaper at a coffee shop, not a weekly or monthly magazine.  Only place I've seen them of late, was CS waiting room at MG dealer.

Edited by KhunLA

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Reading comprehension fellas.   Even the person I replied to hasn't bought (possibly seen) a printed newspaper in a coffee shop.

I've seen reading material, not that any would interest me, and the point of the person I replied to, pointed out, unlike days past, coffee & newspaper was a good part of the coffee shop experience.

Same as using as a time killer on public trans ...

image.png.6ae990a3fe8cfd6ef6b3a1ce0d301bf7.png

... now it's on your phone

image.png.109c02f7fce5b659d592c7b23c43dbd4.png

So let us know when you actually see a newspaper at a coffee shop, not a weekly or monthly magazine.  Only place I've seen them of late, was CS waiting room at MG dealer.

Yeah, I imagine they need a lot of reading material in an MG waiting room...

10 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, I imagine they need a lot of reading material in an MG waiting room...

Takes a while for any ICEV to get that oil changed & tuned up.   Last 2 times we took the EV for that 10k check ups, they were done before I was done my coffee :coffee1:

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Takes a while for any ICEV to get that oil changed & tuned up.   Last 2 times we took the EV for that 10k check ups, they were done before I was done my coffee :coffee1:

:coffee1:

On 4/13/2024 at 12:07 PM, mran66 said:

what's wrong with 711 ambiance?? I've got tens if not hundreds of coffees from 711 and never had issues with ambiance. You can take your coffee out, and hang outside the shop kicking off the soi dogs and beggars. You can possibly sit on the one and only (likely broken) blue or red plastic chair that someone has left there, and which possibly will collapse when you sit down on it. While sipping, you can top up your phone and check how much you have put on since last checked.

And if you are off the tourist areas, odds are that the girls behind the counter start giggling 'where you from', and when you answer they have no clue what you said. Good chances to have a date after their workday, possibly leading to anything. Locals come to talk to you or at least show thumbs up.

And you complain about ambiance of genuine cultural experience!

BTW 711 coffee is pretty good, better than in many small coffee shops.

You forgot to mention that you can sit outside with a Russian family partaking in a picnic comprising of cheese and ham toasties and a half bottle of cheap vodka.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keeps said:

You forgot to mention that you can sit outside with a Russian family partaking in a picnic comprising of cheese and ham toasties and a half bottle of cheap vodka.

That would definitely an ambiance ruiner in Thailand.