Belgian tourist brutally attacked in Hua Hin, friend seeks justice

Seems like this guy who attacked this man is mentally unstable as he's attacked other people in the past. So hopefully he'll be charged with multiple counts of attempted murder and locked up for the rest of his life, which is what he deserves. 

I hope this guy recovers. Chances are he will not retire in Hua Hin. 

Seems like this guy who attacked this man is mentally unstable as he's attacked other people in the past. So hopefully he'll be charged with multiple counts of attempted murder and locked up for the rest of his life, which is what he deserves. 

I hope this guy recovers. Chances are he will not retire in Hua Hin. 

There are more than a few mentally unstable people roaming the streets. Thai and foreigners. Don't know how events unfolded here, but you can never be too careful around people you don't know. Sorry to say.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, save the frogs said:

how can you prove it was unprovoked?

you don't know the past history

Here's a clue for you, the past history you missed:

Lemmens told VRT that he spoke with an Englishman who had suffered a similar attack and was also prepared to press charges and possibly testify in court.

3 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Have they caught the perpetrator 

You ask a question instead of reading the link?

The German assailant, described by witnesses as confused and aggressive, reportedly continued to roam the area for hours after attacking Jan before eventually being apprehended by police.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

If they know he is a martial arts expert they must know who he is?

The German assailant, described by witnesses as confused and aggressive, reportedly continued to roam the area for hours after attacking Jan before eventually being apprehended by police.

From the full report

• Like 1

Who does this wonder?? Hua Hin's "quality" expats as I had witnessed those when living there!

Pattaya has the same sort, and Chiang Mai is not much better off with those creatures as I could figure out during my one-week stay up there.

What if Thailand started to attract business owners and entrepreneurs, instead of rolling out the red tape for those worthless boomers??

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Another bad day for you. Revoke whose visas? It seems the German has a history - read the link. Yet you blame the victim and want him deported

He's a Far Right nutter - par for the course to blame the victim. Only surprise is that he wants the German aggressor deported - he's generally a fan of German aggressors, at least those from the past.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, JimHuaHin said:

Every country and probably nearly every community has its nasty and violent members, and Hua Hin's expat community is no different.

Those of us who are "long-term" expat residents of Hua Hin have heard "stories", know of cases or witnessed incidents involving local expats who have been involved in "shady"/dishonest/illegal business activities and others who are prone to violence.

Nope tell me some stories I don't get out much 🤔

• Like 1

60 odd years of age and attacked from behind what a cowardly way to attack a person of that age . Here is hoping the victim will survive and recover to full health but a 13 hour brain operation is not looking good . I hope they have apprehended the coward who did this attacks and send him to the Bangkok Hilton for a long stay !

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

60 odd years of age and attacked from behind what a cowardly way to attack a person of that age . Here is hoping the victim will survive and recover to full health but a 13 hour brain operation is not looking good . I hope they have apprehended the coward who did this attacks and send him to the Bangkok Hilton for a long stay !

Read the Full Report again. Nabbed.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

You seem to be well versed after a one week stay I have been to Hua Hin a number of times over the past 20 years as yet I have never seen any trouble maybe I need to go to spec savers !

Can't you read properly?? The one-week stay was meant for Chiang Mai!

In Hua Hin, I have stayed 6 months, which was more than enough.

And the fact that you have never seen any trouble has never meant that there is never any! This is just as stupid as if you had said "I have never seen any clitoris, maybe I need to go to savvy species".

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Webfoot said:

There seems to be a lot of missing information to this story.

Like a suitable photo to accompany the story - a photo of a vest on a policeman's back does not convey much information!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

If they know he is a martial arts expert they must know who he is?

They apprehended him if you read the FULL STORY.