Does self check-in negate need for onward flight?

Just now, Sticky Rice Balls said:

In my case I have been using airline staff discount standby tickets almost exclusively over the years.

Highest standard of behaviour is expected. Definitely one would get banned or sacked if you argue with them.

are those tix avail to the public or just employees?....and yes  jai yen yen...stay calm cool and polite!

17 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

We had this one out before. It is a requirement with no punishment.

If Thailand Imm wants to enforce the requirement that mobile boarding passes are unacceptable they need to instruct Korean, SQ and Scoot to stop issuing them to Thai bound pax and to make cabin announcements that the paper  not be thrown in the trash, which is what I do on purpose to ridicule them.  Never once been asked by immigration

There are still  airports that do not accept mobile boarding passes. It setting in the passenger management system the airlines could probably make easily 

confirmed...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

..not happy with the required facial rec they force you to use to board as well without option to opt out.......i recall him telling me to behave myself during the SIn layover....wtf.....they were late anyway so i had to run to catch my flight...never again with that airline..EVA for the win....

You were not happy with the facial scanners they inexplicably USE SOMETIMES but not others  at departure gates at some US airports? I do not know what is up with those

have heard some passenger getting upset about it Agent said it was a LAX world airports corp requirement

You are walking around an airport with hundreds of cameras pointed everywhere what is one more photo gonna change?

Edited by Captain Monday

2 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

You were not happy with the facial scanners they inexplicably USE SOMETIMES but not others  at departure gates at some US airports? I do not know what is up with those

have heard some passenger getting upset about it Agent said it was a LAX world airports corp requirement

You are walking around an airport with hundreds of cameras poited everywhere what is one more photo gonna change?

ive never gone thru any others ones....and im aware of cameras...the SIN air point was I only discovered it upon boarding and was given no other option..do it and board or im not flying....

much like a body scanners...i can go thru quick or request a pat down.........aka given the option is my point.....i only flied with SING once and will also be the last...choices right? I made mine

5 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

what is one more photo gonna change?

why do they need it and whats the purpose of it as others airlines dont use them....i can cover my face with a mask at airports with cameras everywhere...so much for privacy....smh..i usually don a mask as im getting on a plane with 300 ppl and most wear them and to be protected in a tube for 13 hrs and i usually sit by bathroom and can be stinky(cue the mask brigade)

9 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Well this thread has gone well off track

Indeed it has.

OP, has given useful report regarding self check in.

Even without direct flight. Welcome back .

Thread closed.

• Thanks 1