Ukraine is running out of men to fight.

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

I think I have stated my despise for Trump enough times, and most would know the irony in my post! 

Im not two faced ignorant single minded, just for your information. 

Sorry but I don't have a database of your preferences on US Presidents so can only go on what you write, try not to get too triggered you might end up with a thrombosis. 😂😂😂

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Sorry but I don't have a database of your preferences on US Presidents so can only go on what you write, try not to get too triggered you might end up with a thrombosis. 😂😂😂

I think there is someone else who risk that, Im still young enough to adopt to the continuesly updated information, and not stuck in one belief only, or one single thought. 

• Confused 2

14 hours ago, eisfeld said:

NATO is not involved in the Ukraine war. Some NATO member countries are supporting Ukraine with funds and weapons but that is a different thing. If NATO would be involved in the war then it would look very, very different.

Why the west didn't stop China from invading Tibet? Well they can't defend everyone now can they? They wouldn't be in a very good position to defend there just geographically speaking and then you also have to be a bit realistic in that western countries have to take into account geopolitical threats, economic threats and other strategic considerations. But you can see both Russia and China have taken over territories before without much opposition and it has embolded them to do more of the same as we are seeing.

All very well and good, but you don't give a good reason why the west should support Ukraine, when they didn't support Tibet. Same scenario- big bully country invades a neighbour. The west didn't depend on Ukraine for anything important, it's not like they make microchips like Taiwan does ( and the US is helping defend Taiwan ), or have a load of oil etc. It's just an excessively corrupt country that borders Russia, IMO.

IMO it's all about the 1% minting it from the taxpayers and loads of propaganda to make western people afraid that the big bad boogie bear will come a knockin' on their door if we don't give a few gazillion $ to the weapons manufacturers.

Sad.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Hummin said:

Why do you think Trump would have made any difference? 

Trump continue to claim if he was president, this wouldnt happen, but still havent said why he would made any difference to the world politics. 

Trump for sure escalated the Israel Palestinian conflict by granting Israel Jerusalem as capital and moved the American Embassy there. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_of_Jerusalem

I doubt Trump would have supported Ukraine so Zelensky would have had to negotiate before the invasion started. He would have been in a stronger position than he is now, when he is losing.

Unfortunately Trump would be as bad or worse on israel than Biden, IMO. It's my only real problem with Trump.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I read somewhere that Ukraine is stopping consular services for its citizens living abroad, no renewal of passports etc, to force them to return to Ukraine to be conscripted. If true, I’d imagine they would also be freezing their bank accounts soon as well.

Things are really going from bad to worse for Ukraine. Does anyone still believe that Ukraine can win this conflict?

• Confused 4
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

unless you can provide one you are just rumormongering and spreading misinformation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/25/poland-and-lithuania-pledge-to-help-kyiv-repatriate-ukrainians-subject-to-military-draft

Poland and Lithuania have said they are prepared to help Ukrainian authorities return men subject to military conscription to the country, after Kyiv announced this week that it was suspending consular services for such men who were now abroad.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

"Somewhere" is not a legitimate source... unless you can provide one you are just rumormongering and spreading misinformation.

Is this a court of law or an internet discussion forum? If I said I am living in Thailand, do I have to show everyone a copy of my residence stamp? 

But since you insist, here is your much desired link;

https://www.dw.com/en/ukraine-halts-passport-services-for-men-living-abroad/a-68923603#:~:text=Ukraine is cutting off consular,doubt its efficacy — and legality.

Maybe you can be also as proficient when it comes to posting nonsense about EVs lol.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

"Somewhere" is not a legitimate source... unless you can provide one you are just rumormongering and spreading misinformation.

4 minutes ago, johng said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/25/poland-and-lithuania-pledge-to-help-kyiv-repatriate-ukrainians-subject-to-military-draft

Poland and Lithuania have said they are prepared to help Ukrainian authorities return men subject to military conscription to the country, after Kyiv announced this week that it was suspending consular services for such men who were now abroad.

@Skipalongcassidy consider yourself informed…

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, johng said:

Is Phuket going to go bankrupt with all the runners being forced back to Ukraine?

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Ukraine is in no way comparable to Tibet when it comes to the EU. I can't understand how that's not blatantly obvious. The EU has a lot of trade with Ukraine. Plenty of EU companies have offices over there. The EU takes more than half of all of Ukraines trade. Geostrategically it is also in a very important place. Ukraine has a direct border with the EU. Tibet is on the other side of the world, has virtually zero trade with the EU, was surrounded by countries that the EU can't influence much with no waterway access. It also has zero chance of defending against China contrary to Ukraine who can put up an actual fight with a chance to win. There are worlds between these countries.

Errrrr. The EU didn't exist when China invaded Tibet.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/26/2024 at 2:31 PM, RayC said:

Millions of Russians seem to be asking themselves the same question.

You need to start looking at things from a per capita basis. I don't see Russia complaining it has no men to fight at the front. 

• Confused 3

14 hours ago, retarius said:

You need to start looking at things from a per capita basis. I don't see Russia complaining it has no men to fight at the front. 

A completely different issue which has little to do with your original implied contention that Ukrainians were questioning their commitment to what you refer to as .. : "vile, corrupt politicians and oligarchs?". I pointed out that the same charge could be levied against Russians.

• Agree 1

On 4/26/2024 at 12:43 AM, G_Money said:

Surprised you’re not blaming Trump.

This invasion would not of happened under a Trump presidency.

Trump has said he is in favor of Russia taking all the parts of Ukraine Russia has claimed, so I doubt he would be offended by the Russian operation (or whatever they call it).