ASEAN NOW to be purchased by The Thaiger?

The 9th paragraph in the article says it all. The lack of keeping it simple has brought AN to its demise. The last half of that paragraph has been overtly apparent, true colors eventually bleed out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Forums are old school. 

It's like walking into a Yorkshire pub quarter full of lads sitting around tables in small groups chatting amongst themselves.

I find it more entertaining to sit at the bar and listen in on their conversations.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I have an ad blocker so I don't get plagued with ads like some complain of. I was a member years ago. It was better when it was ThaiVisa. Asean Now added nothing to the platform in my opinion and I find the inconsistent and pro-Israel bias in the moderation very difficult to accept. If it gets taken over I'll give it a try to see how it is. Mike Lister did a survey her a month or two back about what posters felt about the forum....I don't remember getting a feedback of the consolidated comments, but that may well down to my inattentiveness. 

The things that freaks me out about the forum is these months old commentaries with 6000 odd responses and 35 pages.....at least give us the option to view the latest comments first instead of wading through 000s of comments.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

36 minutes ago, george said:

Thank you guys for helping out with this website valuation. It's good to know.

Both AN and TT have the same core online system and already share a lot of stuff as you know.

It makes sense to merge it all into one - good for the members, but much better for a lot of business reasons.

Good luck with whatever happens going forward George.

If you are cashing in on Thaiger (like Tim did) and are going 'on a holiday', then best wishes going forward mate.

But if you get a couple of old khrapy fishing huts and refurbish them and offer them at 4000 Baht a night - I wont be staying 😁

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sipi said:

Forums are old school. 

It's like walking into a Yorkshire pub quarter full of lads sitting around tables in small groups chatting amongst themselves.

I find it more entertaining to sit at the bar and listen in on their conversations.

sipi no-mates?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I think the new owners should issue shares in the business to any loyal forum members of more than 20 years standing... 🙂

What you gonna do Simon? TD or Thaiger?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, retarius said:

....at least give us the option to view the latest comments first instead of wading through 000s of comments.

Use the arrows and links provided and you dont have to. 😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, retarius said:

I have an ad blocker so I don't get plagued with ads like some complain of. I was a member years ago. It was better when it was ThaiVisa. Asean Now added nothing to the platform in my opinion and I find the inconsistent and pro-Israel bias in the moderation very difficult to accept. If it gets taken over I'll give it a try to see how it is. Mike Lister did a survey her a month or two back about what posters felt about the forum....I don't remember getting a feedback of the consolidated comments, but that may well down to my inattentiveness. 

The things that freaks me out about the forum is these months old commentaries with 6000 odd responses and 35 pages.....at least give us the option to view the latest comments first instead of wading through 000s of comments.

Some forums do not allow anything but anti Israel comments and the anti Israelis stay on their own forums endlessly criticising Israel , maybe you are just not  used to seeing pro Israel comments and that's why you think that this forum is biased  .

You did also break two forum rules in the post above , maybe its you who cannot stick to the rules and thus came to the conclusion of biasedness 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

It could not get any worse so this is good news

Having had experience of the Thaiger it could get worse. So paranoid are they you cold not post Thai music MV's without English subs as they did not understand them and worried they might have subversive lyrics. Not just paranoid but ignorant. They always referred to ze rule number one everything must be posted in English. Very few Thai music videos have subs of course, but they insisted they did, idiots.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

So will the Translations get any better, or the misleading headlines ? Rhetorical question. 

No, your posts will still read the same, sadly..............🤔

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

They destroyed the football forums, There used to be some really good guys on there, Not one post in ages,

I think the site should translate to Russian the way things are going it will be the second language in Phuket schools soon

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1