Do you believe that Israel will use nuclear weapons to "defend itself" in the Middle East?

connda

Do you believe that Israel will use nuclear weapons to "defend itself" in the Middle East?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is widely accepted that Israel has nuclear weapons and the delivery systems to send them to their targets.  According to The Center For Arms Control and Non-Proliferation, "Israel is widely believed to possess 90 plutonium-based nuclear warheads and to have produced enough plutonium for 100-200 weapons."

Given the current Geo-political state of affairs in the Middle East, the bombing of the Iranian consulate in Damacus, Syria, and Iran's military response to the bombing, and Israel's signal that it plans to attack Iran in retaliation - do you believe that Israel will use its nuclear stockpiles to "defend" themselves against their Arab neighbors?

Please include your rationale to support your position and your vote. 
As well, if Israel does use nuclear weapons on non-nuclear Arab countries in the region, what do you believe will be the outcome and the future for the Middle East as well as the entire world and humanity - and - how will it affect your decision to remain in Thailand?

No they won't use Nukes but it's highly probable Israel will take out launch sites, military facilities in Iran. I cannot see Israel not responding to the failed Iranian 300 or so drone and missile attack, but by not responding you will probably see a more backing up of  Israel by Saudi, Jordan, Qatar, Oman, UAE,  Bahrain which is bad for Iran 

Edited by CANSIAM

1 hour ago, James105 said:

Absolutely!!!  The way that they stormed into a peaceful music festival, slaughtered hundreds of innocent civilians, raped women, took civilian hostages (including children) was definitely breaking all the norms and taboos of any kind of warfare and this literally started a war!!  This caused the other side to retaliate as there is just no way that any sane civilised people should not defend themselves from that kind of barbarous action from happening again.

Oh wait, silly me, that was the other side that did this, not Isreal.   

OTOH in the BBC news this morning there was this report

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68830552

In the Israeli-occupied West Bank, a group of Israeli settlers storm a Palestinian village and, captured on CCTV, a masked man sets fire to a car parked in a garage, under the watch of at least three Israeli soldiers.

The incident was part of a rampage by Israeli settlers that, according to local officials, killed four Palestinians over four days.

Sameh Abu Alia, his cousin, said Jihad, who would get married in June, was trying to prevent the settlers from storming the family's house.

"It wasn't the first time settlers attacked us. But we weren't expecting a huge number of them," he said.

"They shot at the water tanks, the electricity network, and the internet. They were planning to isolate us from the outside world."

Settlers, armed with guns and stones, returned to the village on Saturday. Shaul Golan, a photographer for the Israeli newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth, said he was attacked by a group of between 20 to 30 people, some of whom were armed and wearing IDF uniforms, as he hid under a table in one of the burned houses while trying to cover the rampage.

"They beat me mercilessly, breaking my finger and taking my bag to burn all of the photography equipment inside," he said in an interview published on the newspaper's website.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

There are a lot of Iranian people who are against the theocracy there. Nuclear weapons would not discriminate.

Iranians are not Arabic, so the Arab nations are hardly sympathetic, but I don't think anyone would appreciate a nuclear attack in the region. Israel would be better off specifically targeting the Iranian government and military leaders.

So it would be OK if Iran did the same thing, specifically targeting the Israeli government and military leaders?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, connda said:

It is widely accepted that Israel has nuclear weapons and the delivery systems to send them to their targets.  According to The Center For Arms Control and Non-Proliferation, "Israel is widely believed to possess 90 plutonium-based nuclear warheads and to have produced enough plutonium for 100-200 weapons."

Given the current Geo-political state of affairs in the Middle East, the bombing of the Iranian consulate in Damacus, Syria, and Iran's military response to the bombing, and Israel's signal that it plans to attack Iran in retaliation - do you believe that Israel will use its nuclear stockpiles to "defend" themselves against their Arab neighbors?

Please include your rationale to support your position and your vote. 
As well, if Israel does use nuclear weapons on non-nuclear Arab countries in the region, what do you believe will be the outcome and the future for the Middle East as well as the entire world and humanity - and - how will it affect your decision to remain in Thailand?

No. They don't have a death wish.

The future: An enduring impasse or more of the same, but different.

The mid-east conflict won't impact "the entire world and humanity".

I will remain in Thailand until the same private and personal reasons that I hold now cause me to leave.

2 hours ago, retarius said:

Israel seems to look for reasons to break norms and taboos when it comes to killing people they don't like, and it seems that anyone not Jewish is on their not like list. It is a problem when your religion gives you such a sense of superiority that you see others as subhuman like Palestinians. Israel's notions of self defence seem to be misguided, like the US's, that they see bombing an embassy in Turkey as self defence. No, sad to say we have seen the true side of Israel during this genocide and it is not pleasant, and it does not convince me that it would not use nukes against a country that had none. 

Israel and the UNHCR have shown more humanity to the Palestinians than any of their Arab 'brothers'. There's a reason that nobody wants them.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe they will use them.

Or maybe any other power with nuclear weapons will use their weapons.

That's the whole idea. Don't let the others think you will never use those weapons.

Mind games then.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

The leader of the opposition of the current government in Israel said that the government is made up of religious fanatics who want to go to great lengths to bring in the Lord, so yes the danger is very real.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BigBruv said:

Where is the option?:  - No, nuclear bombs are another fake psyop / trauma based mind control tool

I call them a deterrent..............🤗

3 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

No good thing has ever come out of Islamic countries, at least not in the past thousand years.

What about kebabs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Israel right wing was a problem, is a problem, will be a problem for all the neighbours.

Those Irgun-like psychopaths must be stopped.

Edited by zhounan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1