Do you believe that Israel will use nuclear weapons to "defend itself" in the Middle East?

connda

Do you believe that Israel will use nuclear weapons to "defend itself" in the Middle East?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, newbee2022 said:

Ask your balls.... I mean your crystal ball

I don't need too, your figures are incorrect. Please try again........:coffee1:

As for balls, I have no interest in wherever your gray cells reside.......🤔

4 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't need too, your figures are incorrect. Please try again........:coffee1:

As for balls, I have no interest in wherever your gray cells reside.......🤔

Then please zip your mouth

1 hour ago, superal said:

Iran was on the verge of nuclear bombs a couple of years ago . It is shrouded in secrecy . Speculation has it that Iran already has the bomb . Testing might not have happened to prevent detection . There are many opinions and conjecture but Iran is known to have all the tools , skills and ingredients to make nuclear weapons / bombs . One opinion link below .

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/feb/19/does-iran-already-have-nuclear-weapons/

"Opinion" as opposed to "facts" derived by state sponsored Intelligence gathering as well as facts gathered by international agencies, such as the IAEA, are two entirely different things.  Can Intelligence agencies lie?  Of course. 
Mike Pompeo: "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole. We had entire training courses." 
So could the US Intel agencies be publishing nonsense about Iran's nuclear capabilities?  I guess they could.  Are they? 

It's my opinion they are not based on "fact-based" assessments that I've read.  It's your opinion that they are based on "opinion-based" Op-Eds you have read. 
Ok - we all are welcome to our opinions which was the purpose of this post to begin with. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Israel cannot use any of a purported nuclear arsenal "it may hold" to resolve its domestic issues within its "Neighbourhood" boundaries, (read Middle East). 

To do so would expose many millions of persons to an excruciating slow death from radiation poisoning either N.S.E.W from the target site depending on mother nature and weather factors. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, connda said:

"Opinion" as opposed to "facts" derived by state sponsored Intelligence gathering as well as facts gathered by international agencies, such as the IAEA, are two entirely different things.  Can Intelligence agencies lie?  Of course. 
Mike Pompeo: "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole. We had entire training courses." 
So could the US Intel agencies be publishing nonsense about Iran's nuclear capabilities?  I guess they could.  Are they? 

It's my opinion they are not based on "fact-based" assessments that I've read.  It's your opinion that they are based on "opinion-based" Op-Eds you have read. 
Ok - we all are welcome to our opinions which was the purpose of this post to begin with. 

OK , these are facts . Israel has the backing of America . Iran nuclear development is well supported  by Russia because of the Iran help and drone supply to Russia during the Ukraine war . Also Russia to supply military weapons , fighter jets ,warships , helicopters and the technology / assistance for Iran to manufacture its own weapon stock pile , fighter jets and naval vessels .

Do you believe that Western intelligence can infiltrate the Iranian security ? Once upon a time satellite spying was the way but now has its limitations .

I have now retrenched from the bottom of my sock drawer.

My "Desert Storm Tie " of 1991 issued by BAe being a non combatant.

Yet, being another foray built from lies "WMD"

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Correct, but there would have been no need to invade a militarily defeated, blockaded and totally isolated island nation.

Maybe the humanity of only killing between 129,000 and 226,000 versus starving the greater part of 76,000,000 to death was a factor in their decision?

But I doubt it.

Japan wouldn't surrender, so it wasn't defeated .

Japan wanted the be blockaded and isolated , it didn't want interaction with Western Countries .

Japan could feed itself , it didnt need any imported food

2 hours ago, Paul Catton said:

Israel cannot use any of a purported nuclear arsenal "it may hold" to resolve its domestic issues within its "Neighbourhood" boundaries, (read Middle East). 

To do so would expose many millions of persons to an excruciating slow death from radiation poisoning either N.S.E.W from the target site depending on mother nature and weather factors. 

Would Iran, if they get them.........?  😉

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

But you did not answer my post.

If Israel is allowed to attack other countries consulates, then it must equally be OK for other countries to attack, murder people and destroy Israeli consulates and embassies and murder the people in them.

Iran attacked the Israeli Embassy in Argentina , going by your reasoning  above , you agree with Israel also attacking Iranian diplomatic missions .

Do you think that its OK that Israel attacked the Iranian mission in Syria ?

12 minutes ago, transam said:

Would Iran, if they get them.........?  😉

Would you sh*t  in your backyard? Proper septic tank being in place maybe!.

Edited by Paul Catton

4 hours ago, john donson said:

my thai gf is asking why isis is not blowing up more stuff INSIDE israel

like the good old terrorist on a bus and boooooooom

to pay back the good people ...

Who is your gf asking ?

Is she asking you or this forum ?

Tell her that ISIS isn't involved in the war with Israel. 

Just now, transam said:

Can you answer my question, if not, OK........🤭

Thought I did. Any localized "nuclear explosion" decimating an immediate population will have further long term adverse effects to all within a radius from any expert guess. We have had had two nuclear bombs dropped by the USA whilst in a war footing on both Nagasaki and Hiroshima, whilst Japan were well and truly on the back foot. There have been testing of "Nuclear Armaments" that we know have been conducted.

France was conducting them at Muroroa Atoll in the South Pacific until Greenpeace stepped in and thwarted the acivity.

Bikini Atoll should also come to bear.

1 minute ago, Paul Catton said:

Thought I did. Any localized "nuclear explosion" decimating an immediate population will have further long term adverse effects to all within a radius from any expert guess. We have had had two nuclear bombs dropped by the USA whilst in a war footing on both Nagasaki and Hiroshima, whilst Japan were well and truly on the back foot. There have been testing of "Nuclear Armaments" that we know have been conducted.

France was conducting them at Muroroa Atoll in the South Pacific until Greenpeace stepped in and thwarted the acivity.

Bikini Atoll should also come to bear.

I know all that, my question was if Iran had them would they use them.....🤭

Now, I think Iran's and N.Korea's "rulers" are fruitcakes, hence my question, as they want the big bang...........:crazy:

21 hours ago, superal said:

Do you believe that Western intelligence can infiltrate the Iranian security ?

They're doing a pretty good job of taking out the Quds garbage with minimal collateral damage. I don't think it takes much (counter) intelligence to suss out what the mad mullahs are up.

19 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Japan wouldn't surrender, so it wasn't defeated .

Japan wanted the be blockaded and isolated , it didn't want interaction with Western Countries .

Japan could feed itself , it didnt need any imported food

The Japanese were toast and they knew it. They also knew that the Americans and their allies knew it.

Why did Japan expand militarily to rapidly secure Burma? What precious natural resource that wasn't available at home or near neighbours were they trying to secure?

Just now, NanLaew said:

The Japanese were toast and they knew it. They also knew that the Americans and their allies knew it.

But Japan refused to surrender , had Japan surrendered then they would have been nuked .

The Japan Emperor refused to surrender and without Japan surrendering then the war couldnt be finished 

• Confused 2

On 4/18/2024 at 10:41 AM, connda said:

Just like nuclear weapons which are 100% a deterrent until the first time they are used, after which the genie is out of the bottle.

The same regarding the international laws regarding embassies, consulates, and diplomatic missions - they are inviolate in the sense that signatories to conventions protecting these institutions understand that the law is only as good as the first time that it is allowed to be transgressed.  Israel has stated by its actions that it will not abide by international law.  It's a terrible precedence to set, especially when all of its transgressions of international law are being formally "excused" and ignored by Western countries especially the US, UK, and France.  It's amazing to listen to the pretzel-twisted rhetoric coming out of Western countries foreign offices and state departments which won't even acknowledge the strike on Iran's consulate in Damascus.  Personally I think the genie is now out of the bottle regarding the sacrosanct nature of embassies, consulates, and diplomatic missions.
Everybody plays the game of diplomacy or nobody plays the game of diplomacy.

Now back to Article 51 of the UN charter which allows a country attacked by another state to a reprisal.
Ok - Israel attacked Iran's embassy, then Iran launched a "failed" reprisal the "did minor damage."  Tit for Tat - this should be over. 

Instead - Israel plans to attack Iran. So they are going to escalate. And Iran has stated that if it's attacked it will launch a counter-attack that will make the April 14th "show" reprisal look like a walk in the park. Then it's "game on" in the Middle East/North Africa and beyond.  It will become "The Suck."  And it will suck the entire world in.

Israel can never deescalate. They will always require to get in the last blow. Therefore, personally, I see tactical nukes being used by Israel.  Once the first tactical nuke explodes? 

The world as we have known it - ends. 

Your post has good points, but it now appears that the Israel war cabinet has taken the advice of many countries not to escalate. You are right that Israel always wants to make the final response, and it seems that Iran understands this.

When Iran attacked I think that the participation of Jordan and others to mitigate damage to Israel was prudent so as to keep the hardliners in the Netanyahu government from getting traction in their campaign to have a major counterattack on Iran. I don't know whether Jordan and the GCC did so, but they should have told the Israel war cabinet that in the case of a major response by Israel they would not repeat the aid given when Iran attacked the first time.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, SmokeandIce said:

Hammas is a terrorist organization and their acrions on October 7 were horrible; however, this in no way supports Israel in killing over 30,000 innocent civilians.  Both should be condemned and not given support.

30 000 innocent civilians were not killed though .

Hamas who released  the figures doesnt differentiate between civilians and terrorists .

So, 30 000 terrorists and civilians have died  , rather than 30000 innocent civilians 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, placnx said:

Your post has good points, but it now appears that the Israel war cabinet has taken the advice of many countries not to escalate. You are right that Israel always wants to make the final response, and it seems that Iran understands this.

When Iran attacked I think that the participation of Jordan and others to mitigate damage to Israel was prudent so as to keep the hardliners in the Netanyahu government from getting traction in their campaign to have a major counterattack on Iran. I don't know whether Jordan and the GCC did so, but they should have told the Israel war cabinet that in the case of a major response by Israel they would not repeat the aid given when Iran attacked the first time.

Iran did NOT attack Israel first, but simply responded to the Israeli attack on its consulate/embassy, and from what I have read, that was then end of it as far as Iran was concerned. 

However the Israeli's had to make a second attack, which was stupid in the extreme.

Hopefully that should be the end of it, but with the murderous war cabinet in Israel and the mad mullah's in Iran, who knows.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68854498

There is more information in the link

Israel's far-right National Security Minister, Itamar Ben Gvir, said a few days ago he wanted Israel to "go berserk" in response to Iran's attack. This morning the minister - upon whose faction the Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, depends - seemed less than impressed. On X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, he posted one word, best translated as: "Lame."

After Iran's attack last weekend, I spoke to Daniel Greenzweig, 65, a businessman working in the hi-tech sector, who told me: "We need to hit them and we need to hit them hard. They need to realise that that is not the kind of behaviour that can be tolerated. I am not recommending we destroy their nuclear facilities but, if they did, I wouldn't have a problem with it."

However

An opinion poll published earlier this week by the Hebrew University of Jerusalem suggested 52% of people believed Israel should not respond, with 48% saying it should. It also found that only 28% of people supported military action if it led to a larger overall war, with 34% saying they were opposed, with a sizeable 38% saying they did not know.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, placnx said:

Jordon and some Gulf states side with Israel more than they do Iran .

Iran wants to spread their Religious ideology throughout the Middle East and Israel doesn't want to expand their ideology , that's why Some Gulf state's side with Israel over Iran 

• Agree 1

On 4/17/2024 at 10:50 PM, Wobblybob said:

They did not attack an Embassy or a Consulate, that is you spreading disinformation, they attacked a target next to the Embassy which liquidated 5 terrorists which in most peoples books would be a result. 

True, for people that don't believe it, see picture.IMG_20240421_000137.thumb.jpg.a9fe9b7bd796e5f919caa4ae7e5b152f.jpg

Edited by aussiebrian
Picture wasn't loading
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 10:59 PM, transam said:

I know all that, my question was if Iran had them would they use them.....🤭

Now, I think Iran's and N.Korea's "rulers" are fruitcakes, hence my question, as they want the big bang...........:crazy:

I do not believe Iran would use them for any "first strike", and neither would North Korea (which is still at war but subject to to the July 27th - 1953  armistice agreement).

Enola Gay springs to mind.

Use of nuclear armaments as a "first strike" measure has only been used in history by the "USA" against  an "Japan", Twice.

Albeit, Japan at the time were then being beaten under conventional armaments and surrendering wasn't militarily optional. 

However back to today's reality, should you force either of these dystopian regimes into a corner for kill, why not go out with a bang!

If Saddam Hussein had weapons of "Mass Destruction" which were the reported criteria for an invasion of Iraq, would he have been eventually found hiding out in a hole.  

On 4/20/2024 at 12:47 PM, billd766 said:

Iran did NOT attack Israel first, but simply responded to the Israeli attack on its consulate/embassy, and from what I have read, that was then end of it as far as Iran was concerned. 

Iran were responsible for the Oct 7 th terror attack on Israel , so that was the first attack by Iran on Israel , Israel's attack on the Iranians  responsible for the terror attack was the second episode