Stuck with my laptop with the aircon going

rexpotter

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

When I come back , Im thinking of building in the balcony, insulate the walls, and double glazed windows, solar panels, and 24 000btu aircon on 36m2 and aircleaner, but Im afraid, I will start looking for an out from here

Most people have a wrong understanding about temperature.

During my job in the coalmines, I had to measure every morning the REAL temperature at the workplace (tunnel) and adjust the variables if necessary.

For that, I first measured the "Dry temperature (a normal temperature bulb)" and the "Wet temperature (a dry temperature bulb wrapped in a wet cloath)".
After that, I measured the wind speed in that tunnel with an Anemometer (wind speed meter).

Consulting a chart with the 3 variables gave me the REAL temperature or the temperature which was perceived.

If it was to warm to work, I put a hose with compressed air in an open vessel filled with water.
The expanding compressed air (about 8 ATM) in the water tank caused the water temperature to drop significantly and the cooled water was transported into the tunnel by the air flow.
Thus cooling the air.

If you find it too hot inside or on your porch and don't want to spend much money on cooling devices, put a (closed) tank with ice cubes behind your fan and let the fan blow cool air from the tank.
The REAL temperature will drop very fast.

14 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Most people have a wrong understanding about temperature.

During my job in the coalmines, I had to measure every morning the REAL temperature at the workplace (tunnel) and adjust the variables if necessary.

For that, I first measured the "Dry temperature (a normal temperature bulb)" and the "Wet temperature (a dry temperature bulb wrapped in a wet cloath)".
After that, I measured the wind speed in that tunnel with an Anemometer (wind speed meter).

Consulting a chart with the 3 variables gave me the REAL temperature or the temperature which was perceived.

If it was to warm to work, I put a hose with compressed air in an open vessel filled with water.
The expanding compressed air (about 8 ATM) in the water tank caused the water temperature to drop significantly and the cooled water was transported into the tunnel by the air flow.
Thus cooling the air.

If you find it too hot inside or on your porch and don't want to spend much money on cooling devices, put a (closed) tank with ice cubes behind your fan and let the fan blow cool air from the tank.
The REAL temperature will drop very fast.

can use dropslets on the roof and also in front of the fan, and when I sit in the bath tub outside, have a fan pointing down on the water. Gives a good effect, but still, Aircon it will be and air cleaner if Im back here at the same time next year.