Stuck with my laptop with the aircon going

rexpotter

Maybe try island/beachside living?

I live on Koh Samui.

No a/c in my lounge/office.

Doors/windows open all day every day. I only close the windows when it rains. That has not happened for the last four months.

Ceiling fans on low 24/7 and a 'floor' fan for the really hot, no-wind days.

I have only run the bedroom a/c three times this year - for an hour each time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

Pretty funny, within one minute of posting this I gate all kinds of angry replies. Are you maybe doing the same thing? Angry? Pissed off?

No, I don't have time to sit around - The wife and I have to be on-site, babysitting the construction crew, we are just dreaming of moving in next month and just doing nothing but watching videos.

I am really struggling this year, it seems that it is exceptionally hot, but I think I just forget from year to year.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

Pretty funny, within one minute of posting this I gate all kinds of angry replies. Are you maybe doing the same thing? Angry? Pissed off?

I enjoy the warmer weather, once the sun passes overhead I will be out drinking a cold beer in the pool.

19 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

Are you maybe doing the same thing? Angry? Pissed off?

No, I go to work, enjoy time with friends and family and don't have too many problems with the heat. Like others said, don't go out midday when it is at it hottest.

I work outside until around 11. By then all my clothes are soaked in sweat. Take my first shower of the day and then off to the coffee shop for about an hr. Come home check my mail, the news, and this site, then study my Thai and Spanish sitting in front of a fan. I go out and do some gardening off and on for a 1/2 hr at a time. About now it is time for my second shower. I turn on the A/C around 3pm.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

I work outside until around 11. By then all my clothes are soaked in sweat. Take my first shower of the day and then off to the coffee shop for about an hr. Come home check my mail, the news, and this site, then study my Thai and Spanish sitting in front of a fan. I go out and do some gardening off and on for a 1/2 hr at a time. About now it is time for my second shower. I turn on the A/C around 3pm.

Good point about the showers. I take a shower every time I come back from going somewhere or, of course, from working out in the yard. It refreshes you for at least 30 minutes to sometimes an hour.

45 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I enjoy the warmer weather, once the sun passes overhead I will be out drinking a cold beer in the pool.

After breakfast and the evening US news, I smoke a few in the pool, then find an activity.

Today, I am going to ride around Angkor Wat with my trusted remorque driver Phil the Shiv and smoke some more. And stop at a smoothie stand for $1 smoothies.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, rexpotter said:

What would you expect ??? ...  you posted a load of utter rubbish....    Do you go to the beach and complain that the sand is too sandy and sea too salty ????

If your pool really is that bad - can't you move ?

In a previous condo we had a pool that was mostly in the shade - it was too cool to enjoy swimming in around December time.

But... If the pool is shallow, has a large surface area and is always in the sun - then of course, the water is going to be warm.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Korat Kiwi said:

It just that they don't know the saying.... 'If you've got nothing good to say, then say nothing' 

You see it a lot on AN.  

Isn't that equally as applicable to the Op itself as it is the responses outlining the ridiculousness of his post ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Isn't that equally as applicable to the Op itself as it is the responses outlining the ridiculousness of his post ?

Indeed,and it was a response to the OP, one and the same.

1 hour ago, rexpotter said:

You should know that it is a sin here to expose your misery, which is shared by the vast majority of Aseannow members.

Edited by Ben Zioner

2 hours ago, rexpotter said:

... Try to get out for a walk in the morning but the swimming pool is too hot to swim in. Plus, they keep pouring more chemicals into it to make it look clean, its toxic.

Of course they pour chemicals into it.  The pH value must be kept at the correct value to inhibit the growth of algae and chemicals (eg chlorine) must be used to inhibit the growth of bacteria. Leave the pool without chemicals and it will turn green.....

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A bit silly all this.....  really.... "the lady doth protest too much, methinks"   🙃

Pool too hot to swim in ??...  What are you doing in the pool ? training for a Triathlon ?

The ambient air temperature is plenty cool enough to allow cooling after a 'dip' in the pool, although towards the end of the day it is somewhat similar to getting into a lukewarm bath - still very enjoyable. 

Chemicals ??... they have to keep up with the Chemicals, as in a Chlorinated pool the sun burns off the Chlorine quickly. 

If you think they are over dosing the chemicals its easy enough to test yourself, but I think you are just looking for reason to have a moan. 

If it were so toxic you'd see others who use the pool with skin issues... 

Don't feel safe driving ??? - quite an amusing snowflakey comment...   

Your paranoia [that its an accident is always going to be the farangs fault, even if not] is nothing other than paranoia, clearly a fresh arrival and someone who's had little exposure other than the old timer who spreads these ridiculous myths trying to sound authoritative - Spoiler alert: that old timer was never in the special forces, either !!!... 

As far as Air-con use: Well, thats normal for most of the year here... give a couple of weeks in the mornings when the 'cool spell' hits... 

Your post seems to be nothing other than someone seeking out and clinging onto any negative, rather that basing your outlook in any sensible reality. 

Great Richard, so good to get the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the.... etc,etc.  Now we know exactly how the OP feels about the heat! 

People the world over freezing their plumbs off living in cold doorways yet we have people moaning its too hot

Thailand should introduce immediate legislation that orders the Weather to be 40c all year round...no night time cooling

Uber riff raff