Female police save woman from drunk foreigner during Songkran

snoop1130

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Obviously the standard of reporting leaves a lot to be desired... 

The incident occurred around 11.50pm, two days before the intervention was reported, and could have escalated had it not been for the prompt and decisive action of the female crowd control police officers stationed nearby.

"leaves a lot ......"

What standard, nothing unusual ....... 

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm starting to think all of these bad foreigner Thaiger articles are written by GOAT..... 

& before someone chips in, thats not to defend the actions of any person male or female, Foreign or Thai from imposing themselves on anyone else... so Props to the Police for dealing with this...  

hey I thought they were taling about @bob smith until i saw that he was a skinny guy.

that the term "foreigner" is used without mentioning his nationality would suggest he is Asian and probably Chinese. If he is why not say Chinese man? If he had been a "farang" we would have been informed which country he was from.....why the special treatment? 

Its never a good idea to hit a woman - better to just walk away and leave her if she's playing up. If he is just a bully though then he's likely done it b4 and he needs teaching a lesson.  

Edited by Jackbenimble

3 hours ago, Frankie baby said:

Everything blown out of all proportion as usual. Maybe the guy just wanted his money back?

"maybe" she was just a normal girl and wasn't for hire & had tried to tell him to go away but he was too drunk to realise or notice? "Maybe" she was his g/f and was acting like she wasn't and attracting as much attention as she possibly could to sate her desires? Maybe........................it was a storm in a t-cup and nothing really happened lol. 

Again, never enought or too little too late. Police in Thailand just don't like handling criminals. Would rather play peacemaker. My guess is the guy knew the girl. He'll be back. And when he really does do some damage, everyone will just point fingers.

Edited by Cabradelmar

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Such acts of bravery and service by the female crowd control police officers serve as a reminder of the essential role they play in maintaining peace and security, especially during large public gatherings like the Songkran festival. Their quick response and professional handling of the situation ensured that the festivities on Khao San Road were not marred by violence and that both locals and visitors could continue to enjoy the traditional Thai New Year celebrations in safety

What a crock of sh it. They did what they're paid to do - for a change.  Just like the Aussie broad that shot the guy who brought a knife to a gunfight.  These days women are "heros(not heroines?) for performing the most mundane tasks. 

One area that I will give females credit for is being able to de-escalate confrontations before they become violent.  Most men still won't punch their lights out, but that segment of the population is being replaced by newcomers who believe a woman's place is barefoot and on her knees.  Good luck to the ladies on that one. 

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Obviously the standard of reporting leaves a lot to be desired... 

The incident occurred around 11.50pm, two days before the intervention was reported, and could have escalated had it not been for the prompt and decisive action of the female crowd control police officers stationed nearby.

Obviously, time travel was involved. 

1 hour ago, BTB1977 said:

Guess the police were looking the other way when 6 thai men attacked 2 farang this last week. 

Even the headline of that article said they were arrested but that doesn't comply with your narrative does it.

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A group of female police officers heroically intervened to save a Thai woman from a drunken foreigner who was attempting to drag her away on Khao San Road during the final days of the Songkran festival.

The officers, part of the 4th company of the 1st Crowd Control Division, received a distress call from the public about a quarrel. Without hesitation, they sprinted towards the scene. Upon arrival, they found the foreign man in a drunken state, trying to forcibly take the Thai woman with him. The woman appeared terrified and helpless against the advances of the inebriated man.

The officers acted swiftly to separate the man from the woman, ensuring her safety. Their intervention was not only timely but also demonstrated a commitment to protecting citizens and upholding public order during what is typically a time of celebration and joy.

In a reassuring development, no legal action was taken as the woman did not wish to press charges, allowing the matter to be resolved without further incident.

Such acts of bravery and service by the female crowd control police officers serve as a reminder of the essential role they play in maintaining peace and security, especially during large public gatherings like the Songkran festival. 

This reads like a North Korean news dispatch.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What about Brits, Yanks and Aussies...  ????     I suppose Swiss and Kiwi's too now... 

Indians only need be highlighted in Ladyboy necklace snatches on beach road Pattaya ??????

17 hours ago, Northstar1 said:

From the UK no doubt 

TROLL!

3 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

What a crock of sh it. They did what they're paid to do - for a change.  Just like the Aussie broad that shot the guy who brought a knife to a gunfight.  These days women are "heros(not heroines?) for performing the most mundane tasks. 

If confronting and shooting shooting a bloke who was engaged in a stabbing spree with a large knife is mundane I would hate to be in your neck of the woods when something "exciting" was happening.

I do agree with you on their talent for de-escalating things, which is exactly what these police women did.

• Haha 1

Should've at least been arrested. If he tried to forcefully drag a random woman to do who-knows-what then why tf did they let him go to potentially do it to another woman? (if he knows the woman or it's his gf or something then it's a different story - but if he tried to drag a stranger somewhere that's a rape attempt)

21 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

so why didnt the girl walk away as thais dont like confrontation?..seems theres more to this...did she make him an offer?..she cant scream with tons of thai males around?...someone had to call the cops instead of asking a fellow thai for help...seems there is more to it.....and the latter of the quote..try finding thai cops on any other day sprint--or even show up after dark unless doing a dwi checkpoint to bribe cash..

and they just let a drunk man walk away to commit same offense....sounds like a ST proposition gone wrong in my 15 yrs exp in LOS

What Thais don't like confrontation???

News to me. My ex-wife was determined to have a fight or argument every day with someone, be it me, supervisor at work, her young daughter, work colleagues. Her temper could flare in an instant and it knew no bounds in terms of ferocity or violence.. she's an utter fruitcake..

(Footnote: Unsurprisingly, her daughter pre-teen is now following in the same mould of short fused temper and melodrama persona, and she's not even reached her teen years)!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Phil1964 said:

What Thais don't like confrontation???

News to me. My ex-wife was determined to have a fight or argument every day with someone, be it me, supervisor at work, her young daughter, work colleagues. Her temper could flare in an instant and it knew no bounds in terms of ferocity or violence.. she's an utter fruitcake..

(Footnote: Unsurprisingly, her daughter pre-teen is now following in the same mould of short fused temper and melodrama persona, and she's not even reached her teen years)!

might explain why she is your EX.... children learn what they live...as per her kid

https://xploreasia.org/thai-culture-the-dos-and-donts/

dont kill the messenger 🙂

On 4/17/2024 at 11:41 PM, AreYouGerman said:

Not much information. Could be also trying to get his gf/wive home but she was just out of control trying to twerk and get the attention of other males.

That is highly provable, maybe she call him cheap Charrie