Have you called the cops?

georgegeorgia

We had a house burglary once 2 or 3 years ago (no cameras - since installed). Police were pleasant and helpful, particularly after my b/f made a donation to the social club. They had a fair idea who it was - doing the rounds, yet again - and they turned up with him at our house 3 or 4 days later for a reenactment. Salutes all round at the end, and the English-speaking one gave me his phone no. to call if any problems in future.

Can't complain.

Oh KAREN...are you aware in London it took the police 13 hours to respond.. you don't know how fortunate you are...

Edited by chuang
  • Haha 1

When you call the cops here in Hua Hin, you first have to give your full name, spell it of course, as well as your address unless you speak Thai. When you have given all the information, after 10 to 15 minutes, you can get to the reason for your call... have fun:post-4641-1156694572:

On 4/17/2024 at 5:34 PM, georgegeorgia said:

You guys living in remote or small  villages away from cities ,have you ever had to call the cops ?

I was just watching a farang YouTuber living in a village in Isaan who was angry the cops took an hour to arrive for a altercation during the Songkran festival

He was "pissed" off that they took their time ,his words 

But I'm sure anywhere in the World if you live in a country area away from the city the cops will be around a hour or more to arrive .

Do you have a local Cop in your village nearby ,how do you find police response times ?

He's lucky they even showed up.  

From experience and reports from Thai friends, if it's a small matter and there is no option to make any money 99% of the time they dont show up.

We had an issue with a drunk neighbor banging on our door all night so my wife called 3 different police offices and nobody showed up. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, rwill said:

Where we bought property in rural Ratchaburi it costs 1,000/month for the red box.  In our case it is divided among the 10 people that own property on the soi.  So 100/month.  The police drive out only 2-3 times per week.  But otherwise they would never be there.

and whats the point of the red box?  ive seen them do it....and sign the paper.......but i guess the 100 bt is worth it if u ever need them..you paid into the system.....maybe

On 4/18/2024 at 6:57 AM, Ben Zioner said:

We pay the 500 baht monthly fee for the red box

Crikey, why do you need a police red box? 

Do the cops visit you once a day? 

I thought those police red boxes were for dangerous, problem areas. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ericthai said:

He's lucky they even showed up.  

From experience and reports from Thai friends, if it's a small matter and there is no option to make any money 99% of the time they dont show up.

We had an issue with a drunk neighbor banging on our door all night so my wife called 3 different police offices and nobody showed up. 

Pepper spray 

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2024 at 4:34 AM, georgegeorgia said:

You guys living in remote or small  villages away from cities ,have you ever had to call the cops ?

I was just watching a farang YouTuber living in a village in Isaan who was angry the cops took an hour to arrive for a altercation during the Songkran festival

He was "pissed" off that they took their time ,his words 

But I'm sure anywhere in the World if you live in a country area away from the city the cops will be around a hour or more to arrive .

Do you have a local Cop in your village nearby ,how do you find police response times ?

Haven’t called them but Pau Ma ( the father of the dogs ) neighbor  has called them on me for playing music to drown out his dogs obsessive barking!

He called the village  head and she called the cops . It was about 7:30 pm. It was all coordinated. My wife explained to them , at times we put the music on to drown out the 7 small dogs 24/7 barking( never play during quiet times 10am-10pm).Its been going on , our little feud for 3 years back and forth with the amphor officials mediating all the complaints.

The dog neighbor must control his dogs was the written order. I dont have much faith in the decision. We’ll give it 6 months time while recording the barking every chance I get and if necessary bring him to court.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, riclag said:

Haven’t called them but Pau Ma ( the father of the dogs ) neighbor  has called them on me for playing music to drown out his dogs obsessive barking!

He called the village  head and she called the cops . It was about 7:30 pm. It was all coordinated. My wife explained to them , at times we put the music on to drown out the 7 small dogs 24/7 barking( never play during quiet times 10am-10pm).Its been going on , our little feud for 3 years back and forth with the amphor officials mediating all the complaints.

The dog neighbor must control his dogs was the written order. I dont have much faith in the decision. We’ll give it 6 months time while recording the barking every chance I get and if necessary bring him to court.

I hope your playing AC/DC ....I'm on the highway to hell....

Or ZZ top 

You see you need to use reverse psychology 

Play that loud....put a long hair wig on....guitar and rock that head back n forth 

Twisted Sister lookalike 

Once they know your a crazy MF they will back down.believe me !

Look I'm in Thailand now ..and available for a price 

I'm sure once I'm there a few days annoying them they will shut their dogs up !

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Love It 1

11 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I hope your playing AC/DC ....I'm on the highway to hell....

Or ZZ top 

You see you need to use reverse psychology 

Play that loud....put a long hair wig on....guitar and rock that head back n forth 

Twisted Sister lookalike 

Once they know your a crazy MF they will back down.believe me !

Look I'm in Thailand now ..and available for a price 

I'm sure once I'm there a few days annoying them they will shut their dogs up !

I play the  Pitbull song album at 70 decibel's . 

image.jpeg.13ab30dde514ccc84226fc2762ab5c74.jpeg

image.png

Posted (edited)

I think your doing it wrong though 

It hasn't been working

I feel your frustration about the barking dog though

,I used to live next door to one many years ago before moving to the city 

I never can work out why the owners cannot hear their dog barking ???

That got me puzzled ,I had to go ask the bloke next door 

"Mate you can't hear your dog barking constantly?

He had a puzzled look 😮

Nooooo ? He said 

"You must be F deaf ! I said back 

You can always play "Who let the dogs out ...woof ...woof...over & over again 

Who let the dogs out ...woof...woof..

Edited by georgegeorgia

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Crikey, why do you need a police red box? 

Do the cops visit you once a day? 

I thought those police red boxes were for dangerous, problem areas. 

The police visit our 'red box' 3x a day.

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Snitches get stiches.

in which case many crimes would not get solved..................what a  great world that would b eh...............see no evil hear no evil....etc get over run with crime

16 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

see no evil hear no evi

Not seeing the problem with that in all honesty !

I keep my nose out of your business, you keep your nose out of mine.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

in which case many crimes would not get solved..................what a  great world that would b eh...............see no evil hear no evil....etc get over run with crime

Unfortunately people nowadays are hesitant to be involved.

I think it's called the "bystander" effect ,where others wait for someone else to do something before they do.

A few weeks ago I'm standing at the bus stop in Australia waiting for my bus to go home from work , I'm still wearing my yellow work safety vest , she rudely says , "that homeless man over there has been lying there for hours and not moving ! Are you going to do something?

Obviously she must of thought I was a bus conductor or whatever , I said back why don't you 

She didn't want to be involved but wanted others to 

Edited by georgegeorgia

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Not seeing the problem with that in all honesty !

I keep my nose out of your business, you keep your nose out of mine.

Sorry Ralfy you seem to be in a bad mood today , being angry with every poster , not sure why 

3 hours ago, riclag said:

I play the  Pitbull song album at 70 decibel's . 

When my Japanese neighbours come home pissed up at 3am after a night out then start screaming at each/belting each other/throwing stuff at each other.....

I open the house up turn up the stezza and drown out their nonsense with some nice death or speed metal !

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

A few weeks ago I'm standing at the bus stop in Australia waiting for my bus to go home from work

Hahahahaha.

Catching the bus to and from your floor mopping job, you really have peaked in life haven't ya !

2 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Sorry Ralfy you seem to be in a bad mood today , being angry with every poster , not sure why 

Not remotely in a bad mood georgie boy... I do not suffer fools nor kowtow to their ideals, which includes their trolling threads and posts.

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Hahahahaha.

Catching the bus to and from your floor mopping job, you really have peaked in life haven't ya !

I live in the City so nowhere to park a car plus the cost of fuel is expensive 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

Not remotely in a bad mood georgie boy... I do not suffer fools nor kowtow to their ideals, which includes their trolling threads and posts.

I'm going to have to block you sorry Ralf 

No need to reply to my posts as I won't see them.i realise your wheelchair bound so have sympathy for you 

Don't reply to my posts 

I don’t call cops. Universal rule in every country. There are no exceptions. Even if a literal axe murderer shows up, it’s better without cops. Cops will just endanger everyone or more likely run away if things get serious.

• Sad 1

People should really look up their actual percentage chance of death occurring when cops show up on scene. Seriously. Do it. I’m not talking about local Thai or isaan cops here by the way but cops in general

Edited by Robert Paulson
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

People should really look up their actual percentage chance of death occurring when cops show up on scene. Seriously. Do it. I’m not talking about local Thai or isaan cops here by the way but cops in general

We don't all live in the USA !

Edited by Ralf001

31 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

When my Japanese neighbours come home pissed up at 3am after a night out then start screaming at each/belting each other/throwing stuff at each other.....

I open the house up turn up the stezza and drown out their nonsense with some nice death or speed metal !

Wow, in  my first Apt we had a similar couple !

Thai guy & his Laotian Lady friend , would 

constantly argue ,& scream at each other 3 or 4 times a  week! They were so loud 1/2 the Soi could hear them .It was always between 11 pm & 3 am .

This went on for several years . We were going to call the cops several times, if we heard physical fighting but it never came to that.

I came home from parties one night feeling no pain and they started !

I started pounding on the wall while yelling in Thai Shut up(I had very little Thai language  skills).

One thing led to another and the 4 of us were outside , with my wife telling them , everybody on the soi is fed up with you two and your arguments.

He apologized and it was normal for a year . We moved out into our house , it was beautiful for year then the dog neighbor moved in next to us.

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

Wow, in  my first Apt we had a similar couple !

Thai guy & his Laotian Lady friend , would 

constantly argue ,& scream at each other 3 or 4 times a  week! They were so loud 1/2 the Soi could hear them .It was always between 11 pm & 3 am .

This went on for several years . We were going to call the cops several times, if we heard physical fighting but it never came to that.

I came home from parties one night feeling no pain and they started !

I started pounding on the wall while yelling in Thai Shut up(I had very little Thai language  skills).

One thing led to another and the 4 of us were outside , with my wife telling them , everybody on the soi is fed up with you two and your arguments.

He apologized and it was normal for a year . We moved out into our house , it was beautiful for year then the dog neighbor moved in next to us.

I live in a house.

The morning a toaster was launched through the kitchen window damaging their car parked in the carport was interesting, I actually grabbed a beer and sat out on my front veranda and watched them... they went at for a good few hours !

• Thumbs Up 1