Thaksin Seeks Annex To ‘Secret Deal’ To Bring Yingluck Back Home

webfact

3 hours ago, john smith said:

BillD766 has failed to notice that " critical illness" is in inverted commas  which obviously indicates irony 

Why not reply to billd766 post or even send him a message. He doesn't bite.

• Confused 1

On 4/18/2024 at 12:34 PM, billd766 said:

What a load of BS from the Thaiger again.

NOBODY recovers from a critical illness in "just a few days" especially if they are supposed to have been in a hospital for 6 months before that.

It is however a report from the Thaiger, in which both the truth and the "Thaiger" are only tenuously connected.

The Thaiger also studiously ignores the fact that Thaksin was deposed in a military coup, and that NONE of the generals have ever been punished for it, nor for the subsequent military coups.

Have generals in Thailand ever been punished for a successful coup?

They are never punished by subsequent civilian governments, because they stick up for each ,punishment just leads to another coup.

They all do everything to stay in power, by hook or by crook.

• Agree 1

What a load of BS from the Thaiger again.

NOBODY recovers from a critical illness in "just a few days" especially if they are supposed to have been in a hospital for 6 months before that.

It is however a report from the Thaiger, in which both the truth and the "Thaiger" are only tenuously connected.

The Thaiger also studiously ignores the fact that Thaksin was deposed in a military coup, and that NONE of the generals have ever been punished for it, nor for the subsequent military coups.

Have generals in Thailand ever been punished for a successful coup?

They are never punished by subsequent civilian governments, because they stick up for each ,punishment just leads to another coup.

They all do everything to stay in power, by hook or by crook.

What's The Thaiger got to do with this report?

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nonsense.  Yingluck was not removed by a military coup, she was removed by the Constitutional Court before the coup took place.

Two coups and one popularly-elected PM had to self-exile, the other one, his sister, had to go on the run to escape a five-year prison sentence, not a coup.

To suggest that the removal of Yingluck from the electoral process, and the formation of a government by the military was not a coup, but was a properly constituted move by an independent judicial system, and that her subsequent "disappearance" , held "under wraps" by the Junta before being "helped" to clandestinely cross the border was "going on the run" shows a remarkable degree of naivety, and perhaps an elastic interpretation of events to justify your personal political satisfaction with the whole process of defeating and removing democracy, and the establishment of Junta government; either way, it is "nonsense".

The very simple truth is that both of them were standing as the leader of a party which the establishment perceived as a threat to their hegemony. They had won before and were very likely to win again. Both elections were destroyed by the establishment's guardians, the military and a manipulated judicial system. Both individuals, Thaksin and Yingluck were very popular, to jail them would have led to significant unrest and international opprobrium. So they were driven into exile.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Nonsense.  Yingluck was not removed by a military coup, she was removed by the Constitutional Court before the coup took place.

Two coups and one popularly-elected PM had to self-exile, the other one, his sister, had to go on the run to escape a five-year prison sentence, not a coup.

To suggest that the removal of Yingluck from the electoral process, and the formation of a government by the military was not a coup

She was removed from office by the Constitutional Court for abuse of power, that is fact, she was not removed by a coup, that is also a fact.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 2long said:
4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The Thaiger had nothing to do with this OP...being able to read does help with these threads.

I bet you lead a very lonely life!

All you ever do is quote on others' 'posts and pick holes in what they say!

Some of us are sometimes wrong. But most of us write what we think or feel at the time...

All you ever do is pick up on things which you don't agree with or feel that you can prove are wrong.

It is a forum!  Am I not permitted to respond to what "some of us write, think or feel at the time", when it is plainly wrong or inaccurate, or is that privilege reserved only for "some of us who write, think or feel at the time", i.e. you?

"All you ever do is pick up on things which you don't agree with or feel that you can prove are wrong".

It's a forum!  Are you seriously saying that everyone else is allowed to have an opinion of other members' comments but I am not?...I missed that part of the forum rules. 

In this case, I responded, not to something that I just thought was wrong, but to something that was absolutely wrong that some posters used (wrongly and ridiculously) to lambast AN and The Thaiger.

Maybe you could put an addendum on your comments to indicate whether you grant me the right to respond?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:
35 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

She was removed from office by the Constitutional Court for abuse of power, that is fact, she was not removed by a coup, that is also a fact.

Naive pedantry.

Factual comments, not pedantic, produce evidence if you think otherwise.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It is factually correct, but only if you consider that the protests, the judicial decisions, and the military coup were independent events.

The protests failed, the court decisions failed to remove the whole caretaker government and to prevent the occurrence of the next elections, so the only remaining option was the military coup.

Edited by candide
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/18/2024 at 11:13 AM, John Drake said:

Everything that the establishment feared Thaksin would do, he is now achieving with their help.

Moreover, they get the 'ticket' they feared (I'm not talking about Yingluck).

Prem must be turning over in his grave......

• Agree 1

On 4/18/2024 at 12:18 PM, webfact said:

image.jpeg

DE FACTO PHEU THAI BOSS-cum-convict on parole Thaksin Shinawatra is virtually seeking a fresh annex to a “secret deal” which he had earlier made with the powers-that-be to the extent that his sister/deposed prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra be literally free to return home from self-exile abroad sooner or later without being subsequently thrown in jail, according to partisan sources.

Thaksin who has obviously “recovered from critical illnesses” in a matter of days after he was granted parole last February is yet to refresh the “secret deal” with the ultra-conservative, powerful elite class to pave way for the long-planned homecoming of Yingluck who has already spent seven years of self-exile overseas as had been the case of himself having returned home after 17 years of self-exile abroad last August.

Thaksin had allegedly managed to keep himself from being literally put behind bars for a single day to otherwise serve a curtailed, one-year jail sentence and being instead granted contentious, double-standard privileges for a six-month period at Police Hospital in lieu of Bangkok Remand Prison.

As part of the “secret deal” under which the billionaire Thaksin had been granted the privileges unprovided for ordinary convicts, the de facto Pheu Thai boss had been practically obliged to return favours to the powers-that-be who would decidedly prefer to leave the helm of government to his party rather than tolerate seeing the Move Forward in government following the progressive party’s electoral victory in which they had won most MP seats last year.

The Move Forward led by Pita Limjaroenrat has not only been politically considered an “enemy No.1” in the eye of the ultra-conservative elite but the de facto Pheu Thai boss since both finally buried the hatchet and reconciled with each other, given their shared upset caused by the Move Forward in last year’s election, the partisan sources said.

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

TOP: Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra with her brother de facto Pheu Thai boss Thaksin Shinawatra. Photo: Thai Rath

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-04-18

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click H

why am I not surprised about this! the one crook helps the other crook, especially when it's his sister!

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, 2long said:

I bet you lead a very lonely life!

All you ever do is quote on others' 'posts and pick holes in what they say!

Some of us are sometimes wrong. But most of us write what we think or feel at the time.

All you ever do is pick up on things which you don't agree with or feel that you can prove are wrong.

Yes, sometimes you're right and we're wrong... but I bet most members om this forum are happier than you.

Oh, and we all know you want the final word, so go for it... while you're quote a load of other members.
image.png.2d90ee7ba7352cd38a840875411b18cf.png

I agree with you 100%.

Most of the time I see his name come up, I just skip over the post..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Who controlled the Constitutional Court? That's like saying the judges who sentence people to death in Iran for being gay or blasphemy are independent. In any case, it is time to move on. Thailand needs to get past the violence and hatred. It has done well since the return to quasi elected government. Yes, the MFP should be in office, but the path to freedom will just take longer.  The next election will most likely return an even larger MFP mandate. The days of Thaksin's grip are coming to an end. How long did it take to end the Chicago Cook county stranglehold of US politics, or the dominance of the Gaulists in France? Change will happen and is happening now. Young people want change and the days of a military junta being able to change governments like a Pattaya hooker changes customers is coming to an end.  propserity and opportunity are changing Thailand for the better. Change is a slow, but progressive future.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Who controlled the Constitutional Court? That's like saying the judges who sentence people to death in Iran for being gay or blasphemy are independent. In any case, it is time to move on. Thailand needs to get past the violence and hatred. It has done well since the return to quasi elected government. Yes, the MFP should be in office, but the path to freedom will just take longer.  The next election will most likely return an even larger MFP mandate. The days of Thaksin's grip are coming to an end. How long did it take to end the Chicago Cook county stranglehold of US politics, or the dominance of the Gaulists in France? Change will happen and is happening now. Young people want change and the days of a military junta being able to change governments like a Pattaya hooker changes customers is coming to an end.  propserity and opportunity are changing Thailand for the better. Change is a slow, but progressive future.

Don't underestimate the fact that, in Thailand, there is a powerful network of appointed people who appoint each other. Their power is significantly isolated from government changes, as they are not appointed by the government.  It's not at all comparable to the U.S. or France.

Thaksin or not Thaksin is a minor issue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Patong2021 said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Who controlled the Constitutional Court? That's like saying the judges who sentence people to death in Iran for being gay or blasphemy are independent.

B0llocks, that's a fatuous analogy. 

9 hours ago, bannork said:

https://time.com/2910484/thai-coup-planned-2010-suthep-thaugsuban/

Anecdotal, backed up by nothing empirical.  She was removed by the Constitutional Court and that is factual, regardless of what spin you want to put on it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, candide said:

It is factually correct

I know that.          

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Anecdotal, backed up by nothing empirical.  She was removed by the Constitutional Court and that is factual, regardless of what spin you want to put on it.

You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you believe Suthep and his mob blocking major roads willy nilly in Bangkok, wasn't backed by very influential forces.

He even called for civil servants to report to him, not Yingluck, the PM, a treasonable offence.

Yet he was never punished and indeed boasted about the plot to remove Yingluck 

You want empirical evidence. I guess someone should ask the courts to seize Suthep's phone to read the Line messages.

Oh dear.

1 hour ago, bannork said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you believe Suthep and his mob blocking major roads willy nilly in Bangkok, wasn't backed by very influential forces.

I did npt post that that was my belief, those are your words.   All I have stated, factually and empirically, is that Yingluck was removed from office by the Constitutional Court, not by a military coup.  

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I did npt post that that was my belief, those are your words.   All I have stated, factually and empirically, is that Yingluck was removed from office by the Constitutional Court, not by a military coup.  

In Thailand empirical facts regarding court cases are subject to political winds.

The case brought by the Constitutional Court against Yingluck regarding Thawil has been revoked.

"khaosodenglish.com/news/2023/12/27/yingluck-lawyer-explains-how-his-client-got-her-court-case-dismissed/amp/" https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2023/12/27/yingluck-lawyer-explains-how-his-client-got-her-court-case-dismissed/amp/