ASEANNOW is Joining The Thaiger

snoop1130

3 hours ago, McTavish said:

Tim Newton is a professional journalist who can write in-depth editorial without bias which unfortunately is not what social media companies want.  The problem is, all us old fogies on these boards want real news not AI generated trash.  

The news maybe real but a lot of the articles are ChatGPT. Real people writing real articles not real people getting AI to create articles or people declaring the article is AI. IMHO this is the way it should be. If it's possible to plagiarise AI then this is what is happening. Must be a pretty easy job at some of these online news sites. Type in a few key words and get AI to create the article. Wonder how much they get paid?

Edited by dinsdale

13 hours ago, thesetat said:

i do not predict this sale will be a good thing for Asean now or for its members.. As Asean now always took their posts from other news services, now with Thaiger as the owner I think the only news we will actually see will be the same we can see in the Thaiger online. So why have this app?

The only good that came out of this sale is for the owners of Asean now. Perhaps now is a good time to start up website free from Thaigers influence. Utilizing many sources to get us our information. Who can say that Thaiger is unbiased in their approach to giving news to its followers? I can not count the number or ads i have seen in Thaiger shown as a news report when it should have been in their advertising section to promote Thailand. Tis a sad day for Asean Now. 

I'm also wondering about the 'reporting' staff, there seems to me quite a gang, most with very limited experience. some / many with very little time in Thailand / S.E. ASEAN,  and some of their comments / summaries are not that good and many spelling errors. 

Edited by scorecard

42 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

Hold the presses, another clueless boomer doesn't know chit from shinola... 😂 

Hold the presses, another clueless boomer doesn't know chit from shinola... WTF he is posting!

3 hours ago, Burma Bill said:
The Thaiger's full team (As at 19/04/2024) Google search:

That page is "relaxed" about the truth. There are fake people on there and there are real people with fake names. I've opened a topic on that in the past. It's one reason why I don't trust The Thaiger one bit. Reader beware.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

I won't even be using it....ever.

Besides, I doubt that 'detector' is 100% foolproof.

I once met a guy that said he could digitally analyse a photo and tell if it had been photoshopped.  So I gave him two photos to check -  both were jpeg's of documents and they were both 'shopped'. He told me one was 'shopped' the other was genuine.

There may well be ways for people far cleverer than me to take a digital photo apart and know how its constructed, I wouldn't have a clue.  However, the photo that he thought was genuine was a photo of 'shopped' photo.  Whatever he was using didn't pick that up.

AI just doesn't interest me in the slightest.  I can see its worth in advancing medicine but very little else. As far as I can see, if its what its cracked up to be, its gonna cost a lot of jobs.

You say AI doesn't interest you and fair enough but be aware that most Thaiger articles are AI generated. Many times on this site you are reading news articles that are AI generated not what has person has written. Very sad state of affairs IMHO. All AI generated articles should be declared as such.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

you are reading news articles that are AI generated not what has person has written.

A person must have produced the original words! but not necessarily in the same order or context!

44 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

How very wrong you appear to be!!

The Thaiger website I found using Google lists 44 team members including Thais, foreigners and 17 WOMEN

Their office        

Thaiger Office
Asoke Towers, Sukhumvit Soi 21 Bangkok

Reference:

https://thethaiger.com/our-team

scroll down to the bottom where you will find "meet the team"," contact us" etc.

I was referring to the staff info of the forum, not the website and business as a whole. None are listed as living here and all are male.

• Thanks 1