ASEANNOW is Joining The Thaiger

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

This is great news.They can finally fire all the wishy-washy mods that have ruined this once fine forum.

Says the bloke who joined a few months back.......:huh:

See what I mean about odd-balls..........:coffee1:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

It's all the same people anyway. Most have accounts on both. Not sure how they will handle existing members status cross platform. Hardly important, really. I'm sorry to see this change, to be honest. Now there is no escape 😂...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cabradelmar said:

It's all the same people anyway. Most have accounts on both. Not sure how they will handle existing members status cross platform. Hardly important, really. I'm sorry to see this change, to be honest. Now there is no escape 😂...

I agree..........😉

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

George Anderssen, ASEAN NOW's COO

ALTER SCHWEDE!

Now this is no more wonder!

I have always wondered, why Asean Now's "journalism" was of low quality; well, it is just Swedish Bonnier AB like!

And Thaiger, which I have always compared to German Axel Springer SE "level", now pairing with Asean Now was purely logical!

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:
18 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

I can think of several things that would be worst.

Lets hear them then.

Going to bed with a stone fox and waking up with a ladyboy...  In a holiday condo you're sharing with your college buddies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I felt that ever since they became Asean now, the moderation was much better. Previously, people would get warned for the tiniest of infractions. Hopefully this lack of censorship will continue.

Keep up the good work. 

Sure and always remembering that the owners must respect / abide by various laws. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

The site is also not aimed at 2 year olds, so the banned word list should not be so utterly ridiculous. Keeping ignoring the suggestions of people who DO visit the site in the hope of pleasing those that don't is possibly one of the reasons why it lost ~90% of it's value in just a few years.

...but what would I know.

Not a lot...........:coffee1:

12 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

A ban on pedantry would be a decent change, to be fair.

Whilst I agree the English language has always been evolving someone must maintain the standards. Fat fingers notwithstanding.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Thaiger is committed to enhancing site speed, evolving our news style, expanding our social media activities, increasing video content, and above all, enriching your experience on our platform.

I guess that this will also mean even more annoying ads in the app, if that is even possible!

memories come to mind about the good old days where thaivisa sponsored meetups in Chiang Mai and other places. went for a couple meet ups here in chiang mai. it was nice to meet George and many of the other moderators. The pages of Remembrance in the Chiang Mai forum is where one could read about friends who have left us. I thank Thai Visa for many friends i have met personally and am still in touch with. Wishing all the best to George and the team. 

• Like 1