Thailand Post considers becoming virtual banking agent

webfact

The last three dealings with Thai Post:

1  I sent a very important letter (about my pensions); paid a lady; got sticker; noted the place closed down three days after; letter never arrived.

2 Awaited Car Insurance policy which had to be 'signed' for.  Tracking number showed the letter never moved for over six days; then two more days.  Insurance agent phoned a number of times on my behalf.  It took 14 days to travel 140 kilometres = 10 kms a day which I could probably manage on foot even at my age.  It eventually appeared, quietly dropped in my mail box; unsigned for after days of not daring to go shopping.

3 Previous year the delivery lady 'lost' the the packaged policy and I went a year with only a downloaded copy.

• Agree 1

I did a test once at my last house, 6 weeks to deliver a self addressed envelope/letter from the mail box directly outside the post office just 12 kilometers away. 3.5 kilometers a day about 0.44 kilometers an hour. 

On 4/19/2024 at 12:15 PM, brianthainess said:

I did a test once at my last house, 6 weeks to deliver a self addressed envelope/letter from the mail box directly outside the post office just 12 kilometers away. 3.5 kilometers a day about 0.44 kilometers an hour. 

I thought about doing that with the post box outside my house.

In all the years I have been living hear , I have never seen a postie open it once.

• Haha 1

Always send, and request, to be sent with EMS. I've been here since 1986 and never lost an EMS or package.

Registered letters always works for me as well. Both domestic and international.