Tailor for Smart Casual in BKK

CrossBones

I would like to get some short sleeved shirts and slacks made up. Also a lightweight blazer. Does anyone have any ideas of a tailor with good quality and resonable prices?

I think many of the tailors use the same factory/factories so i dont want to pay over the odds for a tailor at expensice location. Thanks

Edited by CrossBones

The better ones all have their own workshops. I'd go with Tailor on Ten for slacks and shirts but not for the blazer. I don't like the way they execute the shoulders. Be careful with the lower priced places as the fabric they sell you might not be authentic. Duly does good blazers with well executed shoulders. Prices are dependent, of course, on the fabric you choose.

9 hours ago, CrossBones said:

I would like to get some short sleeved shirts and slacks made up. Also a lightweight blazer. Does anyone have any ideas of a tailor with good quality and resonable prices?

I think many of the tailors use the same factory/factories so i dont want to pay over the odds for a tailor at expensice location. Thanks

I usually buy my cloths from Marty's New Fashion at 178/1 Sukhumvit Road, Between Soi 8 and 10.  It is a family run shop that was opened up more than 40 years ago (maybe back as far as the Vietnam war) at that location (before all the madness).  It is run by two brothers (I have not seen the father there for a while so I am guessing he is retired).   The cloths are well made and will last a very long time.   I don't think they use a factory (though they use a seamstress somewhere nearby I think), all the material that they use to make it is sold in shop (and I seem to remember them going on business trips to find quality material).  Usually they like to have you come back for a second fitting to make fine adjustments (after the first fitting and initial tailoring) -- though most times I have not needed further find adjustments.

• Haha 1