Major outage reported by 3bb

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

It's not the streaming service, it's the fibre optic cables themselves that have been compromised. I guess it's been on the cards for a long time that some group or other would sever the links. Maybe starlink is the only answer.

Looks like undersea cable SEA-ME-WE 5 could be the problem, it was broken between Malaysia and Singapore on April 20th during the night and the networks have been rerouted through SEA-ME-WE 4

Edited by freeworld
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, freeworld said:

Looks like undersea cable SEA-ME-WE 5 could be the problem, it was broken between Malaysia and Singapore on April 20th during the night and the networks have been rerouted through SEA-ME-WE 4

Back up again. It's just lucky dip right now. Got Tour of Turkey on Eurosport 2 running fine.

Edited by bradiston
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks to the americains and all the crap they are supporting, creating or financing in east europe or the middle east, all speculations are open to the deep sea damage of the internat link cable. It also shows us how vulnerable we have made ourselves in putting all the eggs of high tech internet in the same basket or rather the same deep sea cables. Time to think above the box and develop back up with satelite links open to the public with no extra price hikes.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Thanks to the americains and all the crap they are supporting, creating or financing in east europe or the middle east, all speculations are open to the deep sea damage of the internat link cable. It also shows us how vulnerable we have made ourselves in putting all the eggs of high tech internet in the same basket or rather the same deep sea cables. Time to think above the box and develop back up with satelite links open to the public with no extra price hikes.

How would they deal with undersea power cables? There are between 100 and 200 cable faults every year around the globe and most, if not all, are not due to USA adventures.

image.png.aefdfb248849bf59344c20b5ba9ea269.png

Imagine trying to replace this with radiowaves

image.png.c014425b8f2c48dcfd99afb252e32e74.png

Edited by freeworld
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Yeah, there's still outages late evening I find. I've switched to watching snooker on BBC 2. Eurosport is total crap.

I think it's ImperfectTV that is total cr*p. 

I tend to watch YouTube repeats the following day. Why is YouTube perfect and Perfect is garbage? 

Thank the gods for 3BB.

I like everything ABOUT 3BB.

Low Cost.

Good Service Center.

Excellent and Polite and Well-dressed (think Ivy League) technicians coming to my home.

Almost always UP, and very rarely down.

In the past, with other service providers, I really suffered.

So much constant stress and worry over when the service would stop, and start, and stop, again.

I just hope that 3BB never changes.

I worry that, like DTAC, it will be bought out by a company that knows NOTHING about providing good customer service.

44 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Thank the gods for 3BB.

I like everything ABOUT 3BB.

Low Cost.

Good Service Center.

Excellent and Polite and Well-dressed (think Ivy League) technicians coming to my home.

Almost always UP, and very rarely down.

In the past, with other service providers, I really suffered.

So much constant stress and worry over when the service would stop, and start, and stop, again.

I just hope that 3BB never changes.

I worry that, like DTAC, it will be bought out by a company that knows NOTHING about providing good customer service.

What sub are you on?