Non-Immigrant O Visa based on marriage Savannakhet, Vientiane, or... ? Which is easiest?

6 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

The 12 month Multi Entry Non Immigrant Visa (MENO) based on marriage is intended for those who do not live with their wife in Thailand but visit regularly.

I'm pretty sure in my mind that the new(ish) 400k requirement has been brought about by people using a MENO to avoid having the same amount for an extension of stay.  I can't see any other reason for the change.

I'd refrain from using the term MENO. You were previosuly warned about this.
If I can write Non Imm O ME, which is the excepted abbreviated term for the visa type, then I'm sure you can.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, MangoKorat said:

Clearly you have used a multi to 'live in Thailand'.  I'm not criticising you personally but it is a fact that the correct method for someone living with their wife full time in Thailand is a 12 month extension of stay.

The 12 month Multi Entry Non Immigrant Visa (MENO) based on marriage is intended for those who do not live with their wife in Thailand but visit regularly.

I'm pretty sure in my mind that the new(ish) 400k requirement has been brought about by people using a MENO to avoid having the same amount for an extension of stay.  I can't see any other reason for the change.

I have used a Multi-O for probably 16 years, the rest extensions. The only problems I have had are with extensions, those being at the immigration office over nothing.

With the multi-O I have no problems, get 15 months, border just up the road, the only interaction I have with the immigration office is for a 60 day, if I need one, strangely, no problems with those.......🤗

I have a few friends who do the same, to avoid the brown shirts...😉

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I am not actually and never was.  I still could never have left my business for 75 days and I can't think of anyone who could. Although self employed, I was mostly under contract to provide advice and services 24 hours per day, 7 days per week if necessary.

75 Days is a hell of a holiday - although I did once stay 6 months.

I frequent with a couple of oil workers.
Many work a 4 week on, 4 week off shift.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I have used a Multi-O for probably 16 years, the rest extensions. The only problems I have had are with extensions, those being at the immigration office over nothing.

With the multi-O I have no problems, get 15 months, border just up the road, the only interaction I have with the immigration office is for a 60 day, if I need one, strangely, no problems with those.......🤗

I have a few friends who do the same, to avoid the brown shirts...😉

Yes, I can understand that as well.

I've seen plenty of reports of craziness over 12 month extensions........photos on the bed, maps etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

The only problems I have had are with extensions, those being at the immigration office over nothing.

What kind of 'nothings'.
I've been on extensions of stay based on Thai spouse for 9 years and never had any personal issues.

9 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

No it isn't Trans.
The Non Imm O ME based on Thai spouse was always on the basis of visiting and staying with Thai spouse/family, for short periods of stay.

I'm well aware of the difference beetween a visa and an extension which is a permit of stay.

I'm not looking down my nose at anyone.
Simply stating the facts as they are.

Sadly, we can't bring back Joe, he spoke for members, not for immigration.....🤔

1 minute ago, Liquorice said:

What kind of 'nothings'.
I've been on extensions of stay based on Thai spouse for 9 years and never had any personal issues.

Aren't you lucky, try thinking of others, not you and your immigration office...🙄

1 minute ago, transam said:

Sadly, we can't bring back Joe, he spoke for members, not for immigration.....🤔

Joe often quoted Immigration regulations.
He couldn't be responsibile for the 'rogue' requirement at certain offices though.

Aren't you lucky, try thinking of others, not you and your immigration office...🙄

That didn't answer the question!

You love to intervene with your one line quips, without actually offering any information or advice, other than your opinion.
As long as your able to stay in Thailand by any means you don't care about anyone else.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Joe often quoted Immigration regulations.
He couldn't be responsibile for the 'rogue' requirement at certain offices though.

Oh, but he did know about dodgy offices, it was his hobby, in fact we used the same office......🤔

5 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Sorry, but I haven't mentioned 75 days, where does that come from?

We were previously discussing the fact that it is not always possible for someone with leaves of shorter than 75 days to obtain a 12 month extension of stay. I thought you were adding the 4 weeks rotations in regarding that.

Just now, Liquorice said:

That didn't answer the question!

You love to intervene with your one line quips, without actually offering any information or advice, other than your opinion.
As long as your able to stay in Thailand by any means you don't care about anyone else.

Wild assumption, you keep looking down your nose, chap......🤔

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh, but he did know about dodgy offices, it was his hobby, in fact we used the same office......🤔

Then Joe could have correct your 'nothing' issues, but perhaps you simply couldn't be bothered.

8 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

We were previously discussing the fact that it is not always possible for someone with leaves of shorter than 75 days to obtain a 12 month extension of stay. I thought you were adding the 4 weeks rotations in regarding that.

I'm with you now, that was in a previous discussion and yes, that was correct.
There only option was to apply for an extension based on retirement, which of course had different financials.

Overall, I think that we often and I include myself in this, fail to appreciate that new measures are not always brought in as a response to anything Westerners do.  There are other large foreign communities in Thailand and one of them is well known for its 'dodginess' in visa matters in the UK. They are probably an even bigger headache for Thai Immigration.

That same group were responsible for fake documents being used to allow marriages a few years back that resulted in a lot of Amphurs refusing to marry foreigners for quite a long time and at least one Amphur manager being fired - scapegoated for accepting documents he had no idea were fake.

Immigration have far more groups of foreigners to deal with than us. Their responsies don't always seem logical though.

Better than looking down my nose at anyone, eh.......😉

Not sure you know where your nose is, you don't appear to know anything.

What 'nothings' Trans?
You constantly evade direct questions with quips.

Time to sit up, smell the coffee beans and start taking notice of Immigration issues.
These financial requirement changes obviously affect you.

1 minute ago, Liquorice said:

Then Joe could have correct your 'nothing' issues, but perhaps you simply couldn't be bothered.

You are guessing now, Joe helped me out a lot, but at the immigration desk it was my problem to get on with.

"I simply couldn't be bothered", there you go again, looking down your nose, making assumptions....But here is one problem I had at immigration, just for you, Mr.Perfect.

At the time married for 14 years in LOS, went to get a year extension, the bloke asked for evidence I was divorced from my UK wife, and wouldn't back down.... 

I had to go home and find something........

Now you tell me what I did wrong, you go on about you never get a problem because you and your office are perfect.

Stand back and think the immigration stuff does not revolve around your life...🤨

3 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Overall, I think that we often and I include myself in this, fail to appreciate that new measures are not always brought in as a response to anything Westerners do.  There are other large foreign communities in Thailand and one of them is well known for its 'dodginess' in visa matters in the UK. They are probably an even bigger headache for Thai Immigration.

That same group were responsible for fake documents being used to allow marriages a few years back that resulted in a lot of Amphurs refusing to marry foreigners for quite a long time and at least one Amphur manager being fired - scapegoated for accepting documents he had no idea were fake.

Immigration have far more groups of foreigners to deal with than us. Their responsies don't always seem logical though.

I'd agree, it's the abuse of systems by 'foreigners' generally that bring about changes.

There's a bigger picture to all the problems Thailand as a whole is facing, not just Immigration.

I could name a couple, but it would be off topic.

Some of these problems are self inflicted by the Thai government in there greed for more visitors and more revenue.

They'd save, thousands, millions if they cut out the corruption chains.

• Sad 1